Sighting Death

Death Note ; Rebirth Of The Shinigami

I stared at the figure in front of me, my eyes wide open as I observed his every feature. The Shinigami approached me slowly and I stood up to walk up to him as well. We both paused when we were finally one feet away from each other and I saw his expression change a little. He bent down some more, his height still towering over me about another 50cm, his bright yellow orbs widened as he stared at me.

 

“Let’s see you try it again.” He spoke, breaking the silence. Shifting my gaze from the Shinigami back  to the book, I stared at the name that I wrote again and I blinked. Putting it on my desk, I turned back to the Shinigami.

 

“It’s okay. Seeing you proves everything… Unless I’m hallucinating.” I stated as I continued to observe him from head to toe, pocketing my hands, “What’s your name?” I asked.

 

“Ah! How rude of me. My name is Reyn.” He introduced, his face portraying calmness. I gulped as I saw him kept his gaze on me.

 

“Kang.. Hee.. Ya…” he murmured under his breath as his eyes shifted to somewhere above my head and I nodded slowly. I remembered how the God of Death have eyes that can see the real names of human beings as well as the life span of the certain person.

 

“You’ve came to collect your book?” I glanced at the book on the desk as Reyn followed my gaze. He shook his head lightly.

 

“No. If I dropped it in the human world, it belongs to the human world. Now that you’ve picked it up. It belongs to you.” He explained slowly as I thought back to the rules about the book.

 

“Right…” I said as I went into thought process, and snapping out of it immediately. “But I don’t want the book.” I said without hesitation. Why do I want the book? Possessing it was wrong to begin with. Using the book? That’s the one way ticket to hell, ain’t it?" I remembered how Light Yagami died. That’s not the way I want to die. No way. “Take it back, I don’t want it.” 

 

“That’s boring.” I heard a familiar voice and I turned towards the voice to see Jiyong sitting on my bed in a relaxed position. “Give the book to me then.” He said, stretching out his hand towards me. I gave him a confused look. How does he know about this?

 

“How much do you know about me, exactly?” I approached him, my arms crossed. He stood up from my bed, towering me over by a head. He started walking and by instinct I moved back according to his footsteps.

 

“So much more than you think I would know.” He said as he walked, trapping me in between the desk and him like he did the day before. I saw his right hand reach out towards the Death Note before glancing towards the direction of where Reyn was standing. I saw his eyes shone red and he murmured something.

 

“Reyn…” he smirked. My head and gaze turned towards Reyn as he looked at Jiyong with acknowledging eyes.

 

“Shinigami eyes?” I asked, questioning the possibilities. “Are you out of your mind?! You traded half your life for those pair of eyes?!” I shoved Jiyong, freeing myself from his trap. He pocketed his hands and grinned.

 

“Are you worried for me?” he said with a smirk, making me roll my eyes.

 

“Wait. If you traded half your life for those eyes, who did you trade them with?” I spoke as I turned to look at Reyn, but Reyn shook his head distinctively.

 

“I may be a Shinigami, but I won’t offer such a dangerous thing to any human. Plus, I just arrived here in this world.” He said in his deep coarse voice.

 

Taking out a small notebook from his back pocket, Jiyong opened the pages and touched me with the paper. Another Shinigami appeared before my eyes, standing behind Jiyong.

“S-Shinigami…” I murmured in slight fear. I stared at Jiyong but he only smirked.

 

“Yes. I am Kira.” Jiyong grinned proudly.