Don't Leave Me

Time. Love

“If I hide my tears in the falling rain, can all of our memories be hidden?

If I erase your name that I long for, can all of your face be erased?”

 

As soon as they arrived, Hyo Min immediately slowed down. The engine was hailed to a stop and Hyo Min carefully parked the bike. Dani carefully got down from the bike and followed by Hyo Min.

“Kaja.”Hyo Min cheerfully encircled her arms around Dani. Dani smiled as Hyo Min led her to their home.

Suddenly there were lots of man appearing out of nowhere, surrounding them. They were wearing mysterious masks covering their faces and they were holding deadly weapons.

“Who are you guys?”Hyo Min asked as she protectively pushed Dani behind her. Dani obediently went behind her as she herself could sense that there were many people surrounding them.

“Dani, run.” Hyo Min said as she saw them approaching nearer and nearer.

Upon hearing Hyo Min’s words, those mysterious men began to launch their attacks. At the same time, a car slowly parked in a corner. The car was drove by a man that wore the same black clothing as the rest and there was a blonde woman sitting on the top of the passenger’s seat. Hyo Min recognized the woman. She would always recognize her. She would always recognize Ji Yeon even if she turned into dust.

Hyo Min tried her best to fight them off while protecting Dani at the same time but they were just too many of them. Just when she was focusing in fighting one of those men and lost her lookout on Dani for a moment, one of the men forcefully carried Dani on his shoulders and ran away towards the car.

“HELP!!!!!!” Dani screamed and struggled as she helplessly being dragged away by the man.

“DANI!!!!” Hearing Dani’s scream, Hyo Min turned around and panicked when she saw Dani was taken away by the bad guys. Unfortunately, she did not watch her back and the men took advantage of the situation by stabbing her back. She fell down on the floor upon the impact. Another man gave her another stab on her abdomen and she moaned in pain.

Hyo Min watched helplessly as Ji Yeon touched Dani’s hair, smirking in victory and Dani who was frightened shook in fear upon Ji Yeon’s touch. The car slowly reversed and drove away as it slowly disappeared within Hyo Min’s sight.

“Da…Da..ni….” She reached out for Dani who was long gone.

The black skies above her began to swirl. Everything that she saw was starting to get blur.  Slowly, she lost her consciousness.

**

Woo Hyun carefully looked around him as he hiked up his way up the hill.  He did not want to bump into any of the rebel soldiers or the government soldiers.  Both meant trouble for him.

When he finally reached the top of the hill, he saw several empty houses and they looked like they’ve been abandoned for a very long time.

As he gazed down the hill, he nodded in satisfaction. Since it was located on top of the hill, it would be the best place to be their next hideout. During the night, he could just do some star gazing with his telescope or maybe just lie on the field, doing nothing and just look at the stars as he slowly fall asleep.

Living in this world of destruction, the only thing that he ever looked forward to was to gaze at the twinkling stars in the night. Gazing at those beautiful stars on the skies somehow gave him comfort and perhaps a little hope to still look forward to live in this life.

“I’ll better head back and inform Sung Jong.”

Just when he was going to head back to his old hideout, he thought he saw someone lying on the grass field. He was wary, telling himself to stay out of trouble but curiosity got the better of him.

“I’m just checking. Won’t be that much of a trouble right?”He said to himself.

He slowly approached the body that was lying on the grass field. As he got closer, he was shocked to see the person who was lying unconscious.

“Hyo…Hyo Min?!”

Park Hyo Min was his teammate and colleague when he was still serving in the special force. They practically grew up together as they were trained together.  They used to be quite close but ever since after Ham Eun Jung, her best friend’s incident, she began to distance herself from everyone, including him. One day, Hyo Min just mysteriously disappeared. Some said she was killed and some said she quitted, just like her best friend, Eun Jung. He wasn’t sure about any of it but he definitely did not expect to see her lying here, unconscious.

“Hyo Min? Hyo Min? Can you hear me? Please wake up.” Woo Hyun shook her lightly. But when she did not respond, he tried to shake her harder. Just when he took a better look of her, he saw her clothes which were stained with blood.

Woo Hyun gasped. She was seriously injured. She needed immediate treatment. Remembering Sung Jong who was waiting for him at their hideout, he immediately carried Hyo Min in bridal style and rushed to his motorcycle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Woo Hyun tried to speed up as fast as he could, the red haired girl sitting behind him did not give any slight respond. She leaned unconsciously against Woo Hyun’s back.

As the dawn arrived and the sun was slowly rising, specks of thick dust and sand twirled when the bike accelerated into full speed.

**

Dani did not know where was she. She only knew that she was kept as a prisoner in a small prison cage. She did not know what to do. She was praying hard that somehow Unnie would come and save her as soon as possible. She trusted her Unnie. She would never leave her alone. She would always protect her from harm and danger.

Dani heard footsteps. She could hear her kidnapper approaching her. She tried her very best to stay very still and quiet despite she was helplessly trembling out of fear.

It was all silence when suddenly her kidnapper knocked a steel rod against the prison bars of her cage. The sound of the rod constantly knocking against the bars was intimidating. It made her even more terrified than before.  She moved away as she heard the sound of the knocking rod approaching her.

She prayed that the torturing sound would just end. And it did end. It was silence once again.

She strained her ears hard to hear so that she could know what was happening around her.

Suddenly she heard a familiar voice. The familiar voice that she longed to hear these few days.

“Dani ya…. Dani-ya….”

It’s Unnie! It’s Unnie! Dani thought happily to herself. She smiled happily as she approached the owner of the beautiful voice.

“Unnie? Unnie?”

“Dani ya, it’s me. Gwenchanna…” The voice was soothing, just like it has always been.

Dani gently reached out to caress Unnie’s cheeks. But something was wrong. This was not the cheeks that she always . This was not Unnie!

Where is Unnie?

She felt at loss. She wanted to see her Unnie again!

Suddenly she felt a large energy flowing in her. Something was growing within her. It grew bigger and bigger. She could feel it.  It was happening again. Her power…. It was taking over her again…

The last thing she heard before her power took over her was the sound of windows shattered into pieces.

**

Ji Yeon walked in the front and grinning in victory as her armies were battling against the government soldiers. Behind her was Dani who was tied up and paraded as if she was part of the decoration of a car parade. Her expression was blank, almost unreadable.

“Now I’ve had her, no one, no one can ever stop me.” Ji Yeon said to herself as she strutted confidently towards the government military’s main headquarter.

**

Hyo Min was lying on the bed.  Bottles and bottles of IV drips were hung above her. They were all connected to all the veins in her body.

Woo Hyun sat quietly in a couch while absent-mindedly carving something on a piece of wood with a small knife. He was waiting for Sung Jong to finish his evaluation on Hyo Min.

Sung Jong slowly walked towards Woo Hyun and faced him. Woo Hyun looked at him earnestly, hoping that Sung Jong would inform him some good news.

“I’m sorry, hyung but I’ve done my best. She is of course alive but she was so badly injured that even the solution would take a long time to heal her completely.”

“So, are you telling me that she’ll be like this forever?”

“It depends on her actually. If her determination to live is strong, then she’ll most probably wake up in the next 48 hours. If otherwise, she might stay in this vegetative state for the rest of her life.” Sung Jong sighed and left the room with heavy footsteps.

Woo Hyun let out a deep sigh and looked at Hyo Min. He slowly went next to her and gently placed his hand on her forehead.

“You are strong. You’ve always been the strongest person I knew. You will wake up. I believe you will.”

**

6 years later….

Woo Hyun was sitting in an old Mercedes-Benz,  absent-mindedly carving something on a piece of wood when Sung Jong ran out from the warehouse, shouting like a mad person.

“She’s awake, Hyung! She’s awake!!”

Woo Hyun could hardly believed his ears. He immediately followed Sung Jong into the warehouse and ran to Hyo Min.

He gently placed his forehead and brushed her bangs.

“Hyo Min… Can you hear me?”He softly called her name.

Hyo Min could hear someone calling her. She began to react towards the voice. She began to move her fingers. Then, she slowly opened her eyes.