Why didn’t you notice my love?

Why didn’t you notice my love?

Chapter 1: Nice to meet you

8 years old...

Seungyeon's POV

“Unnie, try to catch this ball,” Seungyoon, my twin sister shouted while throwing the ball toward me. She threw it too high making me couldn’t properly catch it. The ball had bounced far and I hurriedly ran to get it back. It finally stopped and I bent my body down. Suddenly someone’s feet stopped exactly in front of me, making my spontaneously looked up to identify whom. A good-looking boy was looking at me while smiling.

‘Who’s this boy? I’ve never seen him before but his smile totally attractive and beautiful.’

“Hi,” he greeted me while waving his right hand. His action immediately stopped my thoughts.

“H... Hi,” I stuttered. I picked up the ball and stood up.

“My name is Donghae and I’m just moving in here and you?,” he introduced himself and took out his hand to shake hand with me.

“I’m...,” someone called my name before I could finish my sentence.

“Unnie, why are you taking so long?” Seungyoon shouted while slowly running toward me.

“Wow, she’s so cute!” Donghae mumbled to himself but I could clearly hear his words. I noticed that he was smiling while looking at Seungyoon.

“Unnie, who’s he?” Seungyoon asked and pointed her index finger toward Donghae. She curiously looked at him.

“Hi, I’m Donghae and I ‘m going to live there,” he replied before I could answer and pointed where his house is.

“Oh, you’re our new neighbour! Our house is just beside your house,” Seungyoon happily said.

“Oh really? That’s great but what’s your name?” he asked her while smiling.

“I’m Seungyoon and this is Seungyeon my twin a.k.a my unnie,” Seungyoon introduced herself and me. Donghae was surprised hearing her words. He looked at us, one by one from head to toe while raising his left eyebrow.

“Twin? But you both didn’t look same at all,” he stated.

“Surprising, huh? Many people wouldn’t believe us as twin,” she chuckled, making Donghae smiled a bit.

‘That’s true, Seungyoon and I are totally different. She’s more beautiful than me but not just our physicals but also our attitudes. I’m a quite type and very secretive. I dislike talking much while Seunghyun is opposite from me. She’s a cheerful and happy-go-lucky girl. She knows how to make people around her happy, that’s why my parents love her more than me. I don’t mind at all because I also love her very much. She’s the only sister and sibling I’ve ever had. I don’t mind to give in to her in everything we did together.’

“By the way, nice to meet you Seungyoon... and you too...” he suddenly paused while his forehead wrinkled, perhaps trying to remind my name.

“Seungyeon,” I reminded him.

“I’m sorry, Seungyeon. I’m not very good in remembering names,” he apologised.

“Never mind,” I said.

“May I play along with you both?” he asked us but his eyes were looking at Seungyoon.

“Sure, why not? Unnie, let’s play it again,” Seungyoon ran to the place we had played before. Donghae and I just followed her and three of us continue playing happily. We finally stopped playing when our mom called us. We waved each other to forbid goodbye.

3rd March 1996

 Dear diary,

Today has been one of the best days in my life. I’ve met a boy that really has attracted my heart. I don’t know what had happened to me but I feel happy every time he smiled. His smile is very beautiful and wonderful, just like his name, Donghae. At the moment I lifted up my head, I can’t take my eyes off of him. Why is he looking so perfect in my vision?