Chapter 5

Not just a house.

Sure enough, the president of SM – Mr. Lee Soo Man – called for Key. What’s worse is: he requested that I too, should come.

Here we are in front of the president’s office door, together with the manager who kept on bugging Key of what he should say to Soo Man sshi. He didn’t know about the marriage plan. Before we enter I let out a heavy sigh.

“Ah, Kibum Kibum Kibum..” Soo Man sshi said with a smile. “Have you been well? And oh, who’s this friend?” motioning to me. I was about to introduce myself but Key beat me to it.

“She’s Lee Yoo Rin, sir.” Key said, surprisingly in a stern voice. The manager had a nervous look.

“Ah, then I’ll just get to the point..” Soo Man sshi replied still smiling. “Your little stunt – or shall I call your kiss – brought disturbance in the company. It has been all over the internet. The press has been calling and calling that I had to stop the lines. They are waiting, Kibum. Waiting for our response, your response. Remember your fans.. Delaying our- your answer will only make this big. Now, can you tell me how to solve this?”

“Yeah. We’re getting married.” As Key said this, the manager let out a whimper. We we’re waiting for the president’s reaction. Then suddenly he chuckled.

“I expect you to marry earlier than the others, but not this early. You didn’t even wait for your Leeteuk hyung. Though, I have to admit.. This. Is. The. Best. Plan. Ever.” He stood up and hugged Key and I. While the manager sighed in relief.

“Jin ah. Can you excuse us three?” Then the manager nodded and walked out the room.

“So. Getting married, eh? You’ll lose your fans. Or not. More popularity to SHINee, anyway.” Soo Man said. “It’s just a contract marriage. Only the three of us will know, yes? Though, I can’t think of a better plan than yours so.. Best Wishes!” He cheered. My eyes widen. Wow. He found us out! Key’s not shocked though, he must know him too well.

“Well, I’m busy now. Tell Jin to set up a press conference tomorrow for you, will ya?” Then he turned to me. “Miss Lee, you’re very pretty by the way. I think Kibum’s lucky.”

As soon as we’re out, Jin sshi quickly approached and showered us with questions of what Mr. LSM said. Key ignored him and he eventually go away. We went to 4th floor and entered a room with huge mirrors. It’s their practice room, I guess. There were three boys whom I recognize as Minho, Taemin and Jonghyun.

“Kibum, I heard you talked with pres? How did it go?” Minho asked.

“It went well. Where’s Onew hyung?”

“He’s MC-ing. Oh, who’s her? Isn’t she from last night?” Taemin asked studying my face.

“My fiancé.” Key simply answered. “Lee Yoo Rin.” Their eyes widen and I greeted them.

“Ho-Ho! I didn’t know you had it you! Best Wishes!” Jonghyun gave Key a headlock and turned to me. “You’re pretty. I hope you can stand this diva.”

“I thought you’re.. uhm. gay.” Minho stated. I laughed. Uh-Oh. Key shoots him with his laser beam eyes still under Jonghyun’s headlock. He broke free and faced me.

 “Well.. I think I proved that I wasn’t. With that kiss, right Yoo Rin? Or shall I prove it again?” He said coolly, closing in. I took a step backwards.

“Oh yeah. I forgot. Almighty Key.. the great kisser.” Minho sarcastically said, rolling his eyes.

“How long have you been together, though? You haven’t introduced her to us!” Taemin barged in before those two kill each other.

“Awhile. She’s just shy.” Key nudged me.

“Oh. Right, mianhamnida.” I bowed then glared at Key.

“Oh. By the way, I’d like to invite you guys in our house. I’m sorry if I’ve kept this all along.”

“Whaat? You’ve been living together? You even bought a house? Chincha, your relationship must be at that level.” Jonghyun chuckled. I blushed.

“Aniyo. He bought it before we met.” I said.

“Ah. Is that so.” Jonghyun scratched his neck. “Well, sure. We’ll be there any time this week.”

-----

Prrrrkk. Prrrrkk. The ugly old printer of Kibum clattered. I snatched the papers and went to Key who’s in the living room.

“Key sshi!” I called.

“You might want to get used to calling me yeobo or jagiya. Whatever it is you prefer.” He lazily said staring at the TV screen. I turned it off, ignoring Key’s whine and shoved him the paper. “What the heck is this? Contract? Pfft.”

“What? We’re in a ‘contract’ marriage in any case. So, of course.. There has to be a contract.”

“Whatever you say. Pen, please.”

“You’ve read it?”

“Yeah. Privacy, no intimacy, reverting of house’ title to you blah blah blah 1 year only crap crap crap…” He enumerated as I handed him the pen. Ugh. What an attitude. He’s really pissing me off.

I thought he was going to sign, but then he wrote something.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” I snapped.

“I’ve just added a rule.” He smirked and continued.. “If this arrangement is revealed to a third party, it will be considered as null and void. The liable party shall issue suitable alimony.”

“Arasso, Deal!” I said as I offered a handshake, he ignored me and signed the papers.

-----

I acted as a display while Key answered all the questions, he would glance at me from time to time and ask if I’m okay. Tch. Maybe to make people think he cares for his so-called ‘fiancé’. I’m getting all camera shy from all this, but recovering everytime I remember what Key said earlier.

“Don’t be nervous, okay? Just let me do all the talking... Don’t be shy. You’re beautiful after all.”

It’s the first time I heard a compliment from him. And I believed him. I was pretty shocked myself in what I look. I could pass for an idol.. hmm. Maybe, SNSD? Keke~

Ahhh~ at last! The conference is finished. I could tell it went pretty well.

From the car up to the house, Key kept receiving calls of congratulations or something. I immediately went online. Wow.

Trending Topics were: SHINee Key, Kim Kibum Marriage, Lee Yoo Rin, Marry me

It was all somewhat related to us.

Ugh. I might have to terminate my Me2day and Cyworld. I got a lot of compliments and congratulations, but hate mails and bashing were more. I shut off the computer.

It was depressing to be called names such as ‘’, ‘’ for a guy like Key.