Chapter:2

I can't let you go
Please log in to read the full chapter

In the story:

3 days later, Jungkook opened his dark eyelids after a tiresome slumber. It was like dark caves under his eyes with blood red eyeballs. His body was full of bandages covered in red. He was surrounded by an off white wall and unnerving silence. The room was filled with an overpowering smell of antiseptic, a little bit bitter,with undertones  of the artificial fragrance contained  soaps and intense citrus cleaners.

His body trembled as he groaned.When he inhaled,felt a flesh of pain on his head as his head.

He heard a concerned voice which is very familiar to him.

Jungkook's mother: Are you ok?

Jungkook looked at his mother whose face looked like woeful. Her eyes were puffy,red and voice was a bit raspy.

Jungkook in a rough, quiet voice: Where's Baekhyun?

Jungkook's mother with his glassy eyes: You're ok right? Thank God!

Jungkook impatiently: Where is he?!! Is he ok?!

Jungkook's mother: Don't move, you have injuries all over your body.

Jungkook: I ASKED YOU SOMETHING!! ANSWER ME! Where is Baekhyun?

His mom: We will talk about it later. You should just take rest.

Jungkook: Mom I am fine, just tell me about him.

Jungkook's mother was in tears. She was choking on her words.

Jungkook was frightened inside: Please don't cry. Is he ok? Where is he? What did the doctor say?

Jungkook's mother with her broken voice: Noth-ing ever come-s into this wor-ld to stay for for-ever...

Jungkook's eyes widened and became moist. His plums were sweaty in nervousness and it felt like everything is collapsing in front of him.

Jungkook: What do you mean?! Where is Baekhyun?! I need to see him!

His mom went closer to him and tried to comfort him.

His mom while comfort: I know it's very hard for you but he is not in this world anymore.

Jungkook: NO I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. YOU'RE LYING!

The doctor centered the room.

The doctor : Oh you woke up!

Jungkook was ripping off his bandages and needles from hid blood bags and saline. He was behaving like a crazy.

The doctor: What are doing?! Stop! You're endangering your life!

The doctor immediately rushed to him.

Jungkook: I'm perfectly fine! I don't need these things! I just need my husband. Where is he?

He stepped out of his bed in a rush to leave his nightmare. The doctor and his mother tried to explain to him but he was in disbelief.

Jungkook: I know you are lying! Is he in a critical condition? Is that why you're lying to me? So that i don't have hopes? I still have hopes so..stop lying to me. I know he will be fine. He can't  leave like this....

Jungkook rushed to different rooms with hope only to be flooded with dread and sorrow. There were only other patients but no sign of his beloved husband.

Jungkook's mother grabbed his shoulder lightly and made him stand still.

Jungkook's mom: He's no more.

Jungkook: Tell me, is he in ICU? He will ok right?

Jungkook was about to run in spite of his unbearable pain...but his mom caught his  hand tightly.

Jungkook's mom: Why don't you understand?! He is dead!

His mom spoke while sobbing.

Jungkook shook his head in disagreement: No it can't be.

Jungkook took steps back and without realizing his back collided with the wall.

His felt the colour around him fade away, it was black void again.

He dropped to the ground. His mom panicked and yelled for the doctors and nurses.

They took him back to his bed.

Next day he regained his conciousness. He was such a state of shock he couldn't comprehend the loss of his husband who adores the most. He wouldn't believe a single word from his mother.

His mom:I am sorry Jungkook. Please forgive me for my words but you have to accept the truth. Look at this!

His mother showed him a newspaper article stating the accident.

Jungkook was feeling devastated inside, he felt like a lump in his throat.

After a bit of reading..

Jungkook: He wasn't found...? That means he's alive! They just couldn't rescue him! I'll go find him!

Jungkook's mother couldn't find a way to help her son. Admittedly she did not like her Son in law at first, Baekhyun was an orphan and probably ill-mannered. To her, Baekhyun was marrying Jungkook for money, but after knowing him, she believed Baekhyun truly loved Jungkook. Baekhyun was the right choice for Jungkook.

Jungkook's mother: Here's the number of the investigative officer. He told me to call him if we need any help.

They contacted the police and Jungkook forcefully went to the accident spot where only destroyed parts of the vehicles lied.

Jungkook was quivering with trauma.

The police: Your husband was severely injured and the vehicle was burnt. What more do you want?

Jungkook: But..his body...

The police: I know what you mean. That only happens in movies. You see the height....sorry to say, there's basically 0% chance. Even the wildlife would probably kill him. It's probably ash by now.

Jungkook dropped to the ground in despair as the officers comforted him.

They entered the police car.

Officer: Where would you want me to drop you off?

Jungkook's mother: Could please drop us off to the Funeral House?

She gave the police the address. Jungkook was perplexed.

Jungkook: Why are we going there?!

Jungkook's mother: It's his funeral today.

Jungkook: But we didn't find his body! No way I'm going to do that!

Jungkook's mother: We should still do it to bring peace to his soul. Please accept that he's not in this world anymore.

She wrapped her arm around Jungkook.

Jungkook's mother: It would pain him so much to see you like this.

She could see the grief in Jungkook's eyes and yet tears were stuck. All he could do was stare at the ground while thoughts crowded his hea

Please log in to read the full chapter