sick

love in four walls
Please log in to read the full chapter

no matter how half-romantic it might have been, running in the rain was a horrible idea for many reasons alike.

winter held the sick, sleeping girl in her arms.

maybe going out in the rain on a cold night was a bad idea after all,

but then winter thought of the small moments they shared which she would probably never get to experience again, and decided she did not regret it one bit, maybe except the fact she didn't hold karina near enough as they ran.

yeah, they would never experience that high-school love with two naive teens where it was just them against the world, but she decided that would have been what it felt like if they did.

okay, they would never be something, but a girl could only dream, right?

maybe if the circumstances were different, where someone hadn't screwed karina's mind up and winter wasn't so scared of chasing after what she loved.

maybe then they would have been something.

winter cursed herself for thinking like that when she had only known karina for a week or so.

she had never felt like this for someone, especially not a mentally unstable murderer who she had known for a total of seven days.

it didn't make sense to her.

why did it have to be karina?

laying the sleeping girl down on the bed, winter decided she desperately needed a breath of fresh air to clear her thoughts.

 

 

 

so on the rooftop the girl stood, as she sang into nothing.

it was just another girl who liked singing, singing alone where nobody could hear her.

where life wasn't so complicated.

yeah, it felt like nothing, but it meant everything to winter.

"cause i want the one i cant have,"

"and it's driving me mad."

growing up, winter would hear stories about two people falling in love.

a boy and a girl, who faced the world together hand-in-hand.

the whole concept sounded charming to her.

young, simple love.

growing old together.

winter had been tricked into thinking it was her turn several times.

first was when she was 7, and a boy brought her flowers he picked from the ground, roots still attatched.

it made winter's heart flutter.

not the fact that she liked the boy, but the fact that someone actually liked her.

then when she was

Please log in to read the full chapter