Chapter Six: Revenge!

Our Shining Days (with Jake from ENHYPEN)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day rolled by; Miriam was traumatized from last night. She sat down on a secluded part of the school’s courtyard and began to cry softly. She wiped away her tears and noticed Bangchan and his friends were sitting at a nearby spot, looking concerned for her, feeling so ashamed that they had to see her like this.

She then moved to another spot. She walked to the gazebo, where she first spotted Jake playing his violin. It was also the first time she had noticed that there was something off about his and Yeji’s relationship. But she knew that it was true: they are officially dating now.

She curled up between her legs and cried harder. This time of anger.

Bangchan walked up and stood in front of her.

“Miriam?” he said, gently before sitting down next to her.

She quickly buried herself in his arms and held on tight to his waist.

“Channie! It was so terrible! I can’t believe he did that to me! I can’t believe I did that to him! And now…he really hates me and loves her!”

“No!” said Bangchan, caressing the back of her head, “He really does reciprocate your feelings. I saw it in his wet eyes. And you really did tell him how you felt. You should be happy about it!”

“I am happy about it,” Miriam cried, “I just feel so terrible because I thought I was so hard on him!”

“Well, you thought he wasn’t nice to you, and you stood your ground, that was the good thing. But we were mostly unsettled with you slapping him and pinning him down with your foot.”

“And don’t worry!” said Hannah, with the rest of the gang, “Because we just thought of something that will let the whole school know about Yeji’s true colors.”

“We are here to help you.” Bahiyyih added.

“Thank you, everyone,” Miriam sniffled, eventually smiling, “So…how are we going to let everyone know about Yeji’s actions?”

“The plan is this,” said Lea, “Tonight is the school basketball playoffs. Yeji is captain of the cheer team. If us girls can stop her from finding her uniform, then it will buy us some time to plan the next part and that is to let her storm to the gym court, where the game will be held.”

“And since we are in the team,” said Bahiyyih, “You are going to impersonate Yeji for us.”

She has been a bully to me, Miriam thought, And she has been manipulating and isolating Jake from me and even his own band. I guess there is no turning back and letting it all go on.

“I’m in!” said Miriam.

 

.

.

.

 

It was a few hours before the game. Bahiyyih went to the cheer team’s storage room and found Yeji’s outfit. She tried it on Miriam. It was a perfect fit!

Miriam could not believe that she was actually going to impersonate Yeji in front of everyone in the game.

“Ready?” asked Bahiyyih.

“Let’s go!” responded Miriam.

While the boys were talking to Jake, the girls ran off to join the cheer team in the dressing room, close to the gym court.

Jake, who had noticed, asked, “Wh

Please log in to read the full chapter