# 8 (Pets)

Innkeeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hi Donghae!"

It's Hyukjae today. Donghae's heart jumps. He hasn't seen him a while. He's missed him.

"Hello..." Donghae says. Tries to calm his heart. His excited nerves. He blinks away. Because has he been staring now? Has it been a second? Or five minutes? The other's gums are cute. Donghae finds himself glancing back. "It's... it's nice to see you..."

"Yeah! You too! Come on in! I was expecting you at around lunch time!"

He's given himself a day off. So he's here for breakfast. He rested yesterday afternoon too.

"I'll come tomorrow around lunch, if that's okay?"

Hyukjae turns around. Instantly. "Of course! Anytime! You can come dinner time too!"

Donghae nods. Mumbles a thanks. Hyukjae seems extra pretty this morning. Perhaps because he looks happy. He's got an apron on. The pocket is empty. Of bunnies. But there's a towel shoved in. A white stain's on the side. Actually... something's on Hyukjae's cheek, too...

Hyukjae blinks. His hand reaches up. Wipes it. He looks at his fingers. Mutters, "Oh..."

His smiling lips now pout. His cheeks go pink. Donghae sits at his usual table. Removes his eyes. Tries not to smile too much. Make him feel embarrassed or something. He quickly scans the menu.

"Usual?" Hyukjae says.

"Ah. Yes. Thank you."

"Great! It'll take a little longer, um, if you don't mind?"

"Not at all," Donghae says. Looks up now. The other appears worried. Slightly embarrassed. "Take your time, please. I'm in no hurry. I have the day off."

"Oh, great!" Hyukjae smiles again. "Sorry, I'm by myself for a few hours, that's why..."

Oh. That makes sense.

"I understand..." Donghae says.

"I can get you a bunny while you're waiting."

Before Donghae can say anything...

Hyukjae's hurried away. Hurried back. There's a bunny in his arms. Hyukjae's beaming. He passes it over to Donghae.

"This is Mr. Pudding," Hyukjae says. "You can play with him. I'll be back with your food, okay?"

"A-Ah, yes... okay..."

Donghae's surprised. Pleased. He hasn't seen this bunny before. It's cream coloured. Patches of pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter