chapter 4: law of the mysterious island pt. 2

cage of eden: winrina version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap: As Winter, Ningning, and Aeri were looking for more survivors they were greeted with danger as they got surrounded by two wild animals with the intent to eat any prey they stumbled. Dodging the danger with near to death risks, they survived somehow. And also they were able to reunite with Karina. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Like I thought, It's here." Winter moved closer to her classmate, and stares at the laptop. Ning was showing Winter the sabertooth tiger they encountered yesterday. "It's no doubt. That animal were extinct too." 

It was now morning, after getting some rest and barely taking a bite from Winter's snicker bar they were now prepping to go search for more people again. Ningning searched the animal they've encountered earlier as she was all ready. Winter too.

"The saber-tooth tiger, its called smilodon." Karina pipes in. Winter and Ningning turned to their classmate who apparently was listening to their conversation. I didn't know she was listening too, I thought she was talking to Aeri. Karina continues on, "From what I've remembered they're supposed to have gone extinct 10,000 years ago."

Winter frowns, "What I don't get is that, if they were extinct... why are they still here?"

She just can't accept it, no matter how much she wraps her head around it. It doesn't make sense, but, there's no point of over-thinking it. "It doesn't matter if they're extinct or not. They're alive. We need to deal with them."

All of them got silent, the mood got serious. "Winter, just when are you going to get it through your head of how serious this situation is?". What the hell is Ning saying. I know how much trouble we're in! 

"Even if you say that, what can we do? That's why we have to hurry up and find everyone!"

This time it wasn't Ning who spoke, "At best, everyone is dead."

They all turned to the flight attendant, "And soon, we'll be eaten as well..." Aeri continued.

Winter looked at her expression, it seems that Aeri got shaken up more seriously than she thought. Aeri was terrified, she almost got eaten in so many occassion. To her, being eaten alive were gonna happen to her is around the corner. 

But Winter won't accept that there's no hope, it's not in her nature to dwell on not being able to survive. "Don't say things like that. Soon, Aid will be coming for us."

"Is there a guarantee we'll still be alive until then?", Aeri bursts out.

"Don't say such impossible things! There's no possibility of staying alive and leaving this island!"

All of them got surprised. Karina who was beside her tried to comfot the flight attendant who was in the fits of anxiety. "We can't go home anymore!"

"Aeri, hey, breathe. Calm down..." Karina tried her best and gave Aeri a hug and let the girl cry her heart out on her shoulder. It's not like what Aeri said wasn't right. It was also reality for them. 

It got silent again, heavy air all around them. Nobody says a word. What were they going to talk about? It seems that hope were getting smaller and smaller, the chances of them surviving were getting slim. It was just a matter of time before they'll be dead. The silence were broken when all of a sudden Winter started talking.

"In university, i was only a normal student..." Only Karina turned to look at Winter, as Aeri was still crying and Ning still on her laptop.

"I achieved the average. I made my own bubble. I wouldn't join any organization other than what I already knew. Doing the same things over and over again. And I liked it."

"It'd be great if things didn't change' that's what I've always thought'." Winter looks at the blue clear sky, looking from afar, reminiscing the past. "Eating delicous snacks after practises, having Ryujin scolding me when I don't interact that much to other people, walking past the pretty tree on the way home, sleeping on my comfortable bed, spending time with my family, eating my mom's elaborate meals..." 

"Sometimes, my mom would make me lunch and I bring it at the university with me. I wasn't embarassed if the people saw the cute designs on it.. because it was delicious." 

"People might see it as dull, however, I truly enjoyed my monotonous life."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Winter washed her face with the river water, she took a walk a little distance away from the other three. After saying some things, she was feeling embarassed.  Although what she said was from the bottom of her heart, she thought that she maybe overshared some personal stuff. Why did I blabber so much? I just wanted to survive and get home. Why can't Ning be more positive about it.

"Winter?" 

Winter jumps a little and turned around to see her, "Oh... Karina." Crap.

Karina gave her a small smile, she noticed that Karina was a little out of breathe too. Winter, calm down your heart. But looking at the other girl now, Winter wonders how Karina still managed to looks so pretty and fresh even though her clothes were covered in dirt. Winter notices that Karina has a beauty mark just below her lips. Naturally, her eyes couldn't help to look at the lips, and the kiss from yesterday envades her mind.

Winter tried to so hard not to let it get to her, and acted normal. Before she could process what had happened or ask about why Karina had suddenly kissed her... Karina went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter