06 - The Meeting

💗Heart Collision💗
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


She smiled... 

For that was her weapon against the cruel world...


Right after breakfast Diana and Jongin got ready for their day. It was going to be a long day for them, but it was what it was. The fact that Diana was about to meet with Alex’s lawyer made her a bit nervous but at the same time, she knew that she would be given a chance to tell her side of the story to him and how she saw things from her perspective. There were things that alarmed her at times and things that she never told anyone.

But now? She was given that chance and she had no intention of backing away. She wanted to help Alex and she’ll do whatever it takes. She was aware that it was going to be painful and she was aware that it would probably bring Alex to be in a strange state, but her parent’s torture had to stop once and for all. There was no excuse for that kind of behavior. No parent should act like that toward their child.

“Ready?” Jongin asked.

“Mhm,” Diana nodded her head. “Let’s go and get this over with.”

He grabbed his phone and the car keys from the table before the two of them left. Diana made sure to bring some papers with her so that she can give them to Baekhyun as evidence. Once in the car, Diana went through all the files that were in her lap giving them full attention while Jongin drove toward the city.

“Tomorrow’s the trial, right?” Jongin asked.

Diana nodded her head in confirmation. “That’s what Chanyeol said…”

“Worried about Alex?”

She sighed. “It’s not going to be easy. It’s going to trigger some things she wants to forget.”

He slowly nodded his head. “It’s understandable, but she’s lucky to have your support and the support of her family… let’s not forget Chanyeol.”

“And my parents,” She added.

“And together, you guys are stronger.”

She smiled slightly. “That we are.”

He gently squeezed her hand and sped down the road.

*

They were escorted inside Baekhyun's office to wait. His assistant told them that he has a meeting with the judge of Alex's case and he is discussing things with her. Diana and Jongin were happy to learn that the judge is a woman. It means the case would run smoothly and no fraud should occur. He squeezed her hand. 

"Do you know what this means to Al?!" Diana whispered, "she'll have a fair trial. After this, we will go to the church to pray for her. I'm certain God does exist." 

"Don't worry, baby," Jongin said, "we will go to the church."

She kissed his cheek and he smiled, pecking her lips. At that moment, Baekhyun walked in raising an eyebrow amused. Diana blushed as she leaned into her seat. Jongin just grinned. 

"Oh don't stop on my account, I can leave for an extra hour. Table is comfy." He said. 

Diana blinked at the male's bluntness while her boyfriend glared. "Are you mad?!"

Baekhyun chuckled. “I might be. Ask Jongin.”

Jongin rolled his eyes and sighed, shaking his head. “Byun…”

"Hey, the table is comfy, it's a kink me and my wife have," he winked. 

Diana felt like reading Kamasutra. Or watching . Doing it on the table is too wild for her taste. Their poor backs. She bit her lip.

“Your ual life is not my interest…” Jongin glared at him. “You’re my friend, but don’t push it, Byun.”

"Relax, Kim. Down, boy."

Jongin rolled his eyes. “Really? Down boy?” 

"Diana hold the reins," he winked. 

Diana was amused. "Oh, I am." She grinned.

Jongin only blinked. “How about we start with business, huh?”

Baekhyun chuckled. "Typical introverts, they love to change the subject when they are shy." He told Diana. 

She chuckled. Her first impression of Chanyeol's best friend and colleague? Witty character. Jongin grumbled something, narrowing his eyes. Beakhyun was the jokester in their group of friends and in combination with Sehun it was crazy. All in all, he didn't mean harm. It was a usual thing. Jongin makes faces, while Baekhyun teased, five minutes later it’s like nothing happened. 

"I'm glad he has someone like you, you're a good influence on him," Baekhyun praised. 

"Thank you," Diana smiled. 

"Now let's get to business. Shall we?" 

Diana nodded. Jongin leaned in the chair as the atmosphere became a bit more serious. 

"How did you meet Christina and Alexandra?" 

"Their family moved to France just a house across from ours, we immediately befriended each other since we went to the park often and then walked home afterward," Diana explained. 

He nodded. "Tell me about Christina." 

Her heart raced in her chest. She felt a slight pain at the mention of her name. Jongin noticed the change in her and squeezed her hand a bit. 

"Take your time." 

She took a deep breath. "Among the two, there were differences. Their emotions. Christina was the most sensitive but she put a bravely mask on," said Diana softly, "she was a jokester, and mood maker, and like her twin, she loved helping people. She was a fighter. Both of them." 

Baekhyun nodded. "Describe their relationship with their parents and family Marino." 

"Christina was their favorite. She was good at everything, her parents adored her for that, and she always followed the rules," Diana paused. 

Jongin cursed. Baekhyun glanced at her. "Take your time, drink some water." 

She nodded. "Alex was also good in everything she does, she went on public competitions, she was writing for the school newspapers, she played the piano and sang in church and school choir," she said, "but to them she's invisible. Why? Because there were things she didn’t follow. She didn’t like it when they told her what she should and shouldn’t do so at times she rebelled.”

"So-called parents.." Jongin muttered. 

"Sehun had those parents too, Jongin. Take that into account." Baekhyun said. "Continue." 

"Christina always mentioned her and her success and only then did they notice her, placing fake smiles," said Diana, "I witnessed it many times. Christina hated it and when Alex and I weren't looking they went into heated arguments.”

Jongin sighed, shaking his head. Those were not parents. They did not deserve that title.

"Before everyone, they showed an image of a perfect family, but her paternal uncle, her mother’s brother knew it and sensed it," she said, "whole family adored both of them equally and Alex was their favorite if I dare say." 

He nodded. "Do you remember an incident with her parents?" 

"Yes, it was when we both started working online," Diana began, "we had an employee meeting at the end of the week and they burst in and made a commotion. Our boss saw it and asked us to stay not to fire her, but he was confused." 

"Will he be willing to testify?" 

"Certainly." She nodded. 

"You'll leave me his name and contact information." 

"I also brought some papers that can help,” Diana said and handed out the files to him. “Inside you will find copies of Christina’s diary and her letters to me.”

“Thank you,” Baekhyun nodded, taking them from her hand.

“If there is anything else, just let me know,” She said.

“I will,” He nodded. “For now, that’s all, but of course, tomorrow is the first trial as you know, so we’ll see how things go from there.”

Diana knew that it was time to buckle up, not only her but everyone. Holding back their tempers was the biggest problem.
 


A knock on the door forced Baekhyun to glance at his assistant appearing at the door frame. 

“Yes?”

“They have arrived, Mr. Byun.” 

He immediately placed the folder down. “Led them in.” 

Beatrice Marino, the face behind Marino winery, walked inside. She was a woman in her late 70s. A lot of people wondered if perhaps caprice made her live for so long or perhaps it was family genetic. After her, her son Francesco and his wife walked in. Their daughter sent an email with the full report about each question Baekhyun sent her. They were forced to do correspondence because she was in Austria and was prevented from being present today. 

Baekhyun greeted them and motioned them to sit down. 

“Thank you for coming today,” Baekhyun said. 

“I’ll always come when my lovely granddaughter is involved.” Beatrice replied, “let’s get to business.”

“Describe to us, from your point of view, the relationship between Alexandra and her sister Christina.” He said.

“They got along pretty well,” Francesco said. “There was never any argument between them and they always covered for each other. Both of them were sweethearts. Always helping others and making others laugh.”

Baekhyun nodded, as he wrote everything down. "How would you describe their relationship with their parents?"

“Complicated,” The elderly spoke. “They tried to control both of them, and as long as they listened to their rules they were good, but the moment they disobeyed all hell was released. That’s why they didn’t favor Alexa, they couldn’t mold her the way they wanted, she refused to listen, but Christina was different… she would end up listening so she was their favorite… until she started going out with a boy they didn’t like.”

"Mhm. Would you say that her own parents wished to get rid of her bad twin to keep their favorite?" Baekhyun was blunt. 

Her aunt Marcella teared up. "Yes. I believe."

“They believed that Alex was a bad influence,” Francesco added. “Alex might be silent, but she stands up for herself. She even protected Christina in those cases.”

Baekhyun offered a napkin to the woman next to Francesco. 

"This is extremely hard for you," said Baekhyun, "and I get it. But I promise I will clear Alex's name."

"I brought Christina's diary," Marcela sniffed, "she entrusted it to Alex, and then she gave me because she wanted it to be in a safe place." 

The woman placed two notebooks before him. He looked at her. "Are you absolutely sure?" 

"Yes. Alex gave a green light. Even though we would hear hurtful things from it. She wanted the truth to win." Beatrice replied, "Destroy them, I want to see them suffer." 

"Mother..." Francesco whispered. 

"They made Alex cry! I won't calm down. I WANT TO SEE THEM SUFFERING FOR EVERY TEAR ALEXANDRA LET OUT!" 

Baekhyun understood her. "I will strike them where it hurts the most, Miss Marino. Hand of justice reaches those who are running away." 

Francesco looked at him. "Thank you, son." 

Baekhyun smiled. "If you have a witness that could help in this case please do."

“If someone comes to mind,” Francesco spoke. “I will let you know.”

"There's one," Beatrice said. 

Baekhyun nodded. "Yes?" 

"Giacomo Ferrero." 

"Okay, he was who to Miss Marino?" 

"Her former boyfriend until her death." Beatrice said, "if there's anyone who knows everything then it's him." 

"Okay, he wouldn't be able to testify tomorrow anyway, so send him my way tomorrow after the hearing," Baekhyun told them. 

"Of course."
 


Alex sat in the garden enjoying the Italian Winter sun as she sipped on her coffee. T and Zzar were running around in the garden playing with each other. Seeing them happy made Alex happy. Last night wasn’t really something she wants to remember as the nightmares of that faithful day haunted her every time she closed her eyes, so for most of the part, she was awake in bed, just staring at the ceiling as T snuggled next to her.

This morning at breakfast, she didn’t mention a word to anyone, as she didn’t want others to be bothered by it and thankfully her eyes were not as red or puffy, so she was able to hide it all very well. Nightmares were nothing new for her, they come and go and she learned how to live with them. Luckily the topic of the wedding and the tasks that needed to be done helped her get her mind off things.

Everyone had a task to do and Diana agreed to go to the market and get the things that her aunt didn’t have time to get when she returns from the meeting with Baekhyun. Jongin promised to help with the decorations and move some things into the truck as well, once he returns since he wanted to go with Diana. As for Chanyeol and Alex, they promised to help uncle Francesco with the winery, in the process they would show Chanyeol around and pick out some wine bottles for the wedding reception.

So right after breakfast, they all went their ways, planning to meet later at the wedding. But since Alex and Chanyeol were able to finish their tasks earlier, it left them some time to relax before the big thing.

“Hey, you.”

Alex smiled as she heard a familiar voice. “Hey.”

He smiled and sat next to her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and pulling her closer to him. Alex leaned her head on his shoulder and sighed in bliss. There was no better feeling than to feel his presence. Hear his voice. See his smile. Take in his scent. He kissed the top of her head and picked up a strand of her hair, gently twirling it around his finger.

“How is my baby girl?” He whispered.

“I can’t complain and you?” She smiled.

“Always great if you're next to me,” He replied.

“How did you like the tour through the winery?”

“I am impressed,” He explained. “I could get used to that business.”

She chuckled. “I saw that. You and uncle were all into it.”

“Pa Francesco is a wonderful person,” Chanyeol admitted. “And your aunt as well… the whole family is.”

“I’m glad,” She smiled softly. “You have yet to see their crazy side today at the wedding.”

“I am looking forward to that,” He winked. “By the way…”

“Hmm?” She looked at him.

“Tomorrow is the first trial against your parents… I am worried about you.”

She sighed. “I’ll be fine. I know that it won’t be easy and that I will have to testify, but it is what it is.”

He nodded his head. “I will be there by your side the whole time. Your family as well, so we will win them, don’t worry.”

“I just wanted them off my back once and for all,” She said. “I live for that day.”

“I know, baby girl and they will be,” He caressed her cheek. “How about we go for a horseback ride, before things get hectic, huh?”

Her eyes sparkled up with joy and she nodded her head. “Sounds like a great idea!”

That smile of hers. Those eyes. The way she beamed with happiness all of a sudden. That is the side he enjoyed. That is the side that he always wanted to see. That is what he lives for. She came into his life and lit it up, so he wants to be the person who will light her world up and make her happy.

He took her hand and the two left for the stables.

*

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around her as she leaned on his chest, holding on to the horse’s reins as they went horseback riding through the forest. From time to time he would kiss her shoulder blade and lean his chin on her shoulder, enjoying every moment they had. The two decided to take her horse instead of going separately, and to be honest, he preferred being this close to her. 

“How old were you when you started riding horses?” Chanyeol suddenly asked. 

“I was around 7,” She explained. “Uncle taught me. And you? I noticed that night when we went horseback riding that you know the ropes.” 

“Around 8,” He said. “When we go to Korea, I’ll take you to all the places where I like to go horseback riding, including Jeju Island. It’s also a chance to meet my parents and sister. Would you like that? I am not joking about any of it.” 

Alex gulped as her heart skipped a beat. “I-I would like that.” 

“Have I told you that you are adorable when you get all shy and nervous like that?” He whispered. 

“Hush,” She mumbled, feeling the heat rising in her cheeks. 

He chuckled and reached out, gently turning her head to the side, brushing his lips against her. A pleasant shiver ran through her body and she closed her eyes as the two kissed. 
 


It was certainly a very hectic morning and a very hectic week of planning Maria’s and Roberto’s wedding, although Alex’s aunt did most of it, and it was no time for Diana to do the finishing touches. If the woman had told the girls earlier they would hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter