Dorm chaos

Too much!

“You’re insane.” Mina giggled as she signed the papers

“Insanely in love with you?” 

“Too soon.” 

The pair burst into a fit of giggles, dying down once the air had cleared.

“Seems you two are having fun with this,” Jinyoung took a deep breathe, “but we have conditions. First, you two have to show affection regardless of personal conflicts. You need to look like a perfect couple to the media. Second, you can’t tell anyone about this, not even the members. We can’t have anyone finding out you two aren’t actually dating, that would make us look bad, and it makes this whole thing look more real. And third, in any case you two feel like you need to cut this off, come to me immediately before things escalate. Anything that could cause damage to TWICE or JYPE will not be tolerated. All the details are in the form you signed.”

Mina picked up the form and skimmed the page.

“Any questions?”

The two girls shook their heads silently, processing the information.

“Come to me if you have any worries. Now, if you will, I have a lot of work to do.”

Chaeyoung got up and dusted off her pyjamas followed by Mina. They thanked Jinyoung before leaving, form still in Mina’s hand.

“Anything interesting on that piece of paper?”

“It says here ‘Both idols will be moved into the same room’” 

“What? As in we have to share a room?” Chaeyoung sighed, she had just finished redecorating her current room

“And apparently a bed aswell. That’s a bit extra don’t you think?” Mina valued her privacy as if it were treasure, but if this was the way of things she wouldn’t get much alone time.

Their legs moved absentmindedly to the practice rooms.

“Why are we here?” Mina questioned as if she had lost her memory

“Muscle memory I guess, let’s discuss our game plan.”

Chaeyoung’s mind wondered, it wouldn’t be so bad to share a bed with Mina. She daydreamed for a second. Do you think Mina is a good hugger? Kisser? Chaeyoung’s train of thoughts was disrupted by Mina entering the practice room.

“Are you coming in or what?”

They plopped down on the sofa at the back of the room. Even though it was still early in the morning, they couldn’t help but be tired in the middle of all their hectic schedules.

“They’ll be here in an hour, plenty of time to discuss… this? Whatever it is.”

“Great,” Chaeyoung sighed, “Let’s make some rules first.”

Mina pulled out her notes app, “Let’s start.”

 

‘Mina And Chaeyoung’s Fake Dating Guide’

 

  1. No unnecessary touching.
  2. Respect personal space/ boundaries at all costs.
  3. Don’t tell anyone, not even the dogs.
  4. No kissing on the lips.
  5. Have fun, don’t get attached.
  6. Make everything believable, act as if your life depends on it.

 

They finished a few minutes later after brainstorming a few rules. Mina stared at the list triumphantly.

“I feel like you’re a little too proud of it,” Chaeyoung teased, “and you barely wrote any of my ideas. Isn’t no kissing on the lips ridiculous?”

“I’d like to keep my first kiss for something special, so no it is not ridiculous. Aren’t we both supposed to be comfortable?” Mina replied smugly.

“So i’m not special?” Chaeyoung gasped dramatically, falling back with her hand on her forehead as if she were a damsel in distress, “You’re not a charmer are you?”

“Really? I’ll show you my charms!” Mina pounced on Chaeyoung, tickling her as their laughter filled the practice room.

“Hey you two love birds!” The voice was shockingly loud, “Get up from the couch please, we need to start practicing!”

Mina jumped off of Chaeyoung as if she touched something hot and got up from the couch awkwardly, “Sorry Jihyo, we were just waiting for the group. We had a meeting with Jinyoung.”

“Yeah ‘cause you two definitely weren’t just making out right now.” Tzuyu walked in leisurely, water bottle in her hand, and rolled her eyes mockingly at the couple.

“You wish you could see that,” Chaeyoung stuck out her tongue before getting up and stretching.

 

“Good work everyone!” the choreographer praised as he left to get drinks.

“So, you and Mina huh?” Dahyun sat on the floor next to Chaeyoung, who was still out of breath.

“Yeah, me and Mina.” 

“Seriously?”

She nodded before fist dumping the eagle, “That’s why we went to Jinyoung. We wanted to make it official.”

“Well done bro, I knew you’d get her one day. You’ve liked her for so long I thought you would just stare at her and never say anything.”

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, she doesn’t remember really having a crush on Mina? She thought back to all those days with Mina on holiday, alone and quiet. Calm. She smiled as she reminisced. Nope, no crush. Don’t remember it.

 

The dorm was tidy when they arrived back, a letter was left on the coffee table in the living room. Nayeon busied herself with it as the rest of the group scattered themselves on the couch or on the floor next to it. 

“Everybody shut up and listen! There’s been a change of roommates, it goes as follows;

1. Mina, Chaeyoung

2. Momo, Dahyun

3. Sana, Tzuyu

4. Jeongyeon, Nayeon, Jihyo” Nayeon read aloud

“What? Why?” the room bursted into conversation, questions flung about the room as Mina and Chaeyoung exchanged secret looks.

“It says here it was a request from members.” Nayeon continued scanning the paper

“Who?” Sana quizzed

“Doesn’t say.”

“Actually,” Chaeyoung spoke up timidly, “It’s because me and Mina are dating.”

The room fell into silence, no whispers, no murmurs, just silence.

“Like, for real dating?” Jeongyeon’s jaw dropped

"It's fa-"

Mina cut her off before she could finish, “Yeah, for real dating.” 

Chaeyoung shot her an apologetic look, she almost broke a rule not even a day into their ‘relationship’. Mina sent a sharp look back.

“So you changed rooms because you’re ?” Momo said in disbelief.

“What?!” the room filled with conversations again.

Mina and Chaeyoung were bombarded with questions, words piled on top of each other as the group practically interrogated the two.

“Everyone!” Jihyo stopped the arguments and questioning, “Let’s just leave the couple alone, we have some moving to do!”

The pair shot everyone apologetic looks as they left before huddling into the corner.

“What was that? You almost let it slip!” Mina panicked

“Maybe you should kiss my lips so i can’t say anything more.” Chaeyoung teased

“Yah! Son Chaeyoung! Stop being a flirt and get your act together!” Mina slapped her shoulder playfully