What?

Too much!

“TWICE’s Mina and Chaeyoung Believed to be dating after being spotted outside a club” 

 

Chaeyoung sighed. This again? Sure, Mina and her were close, but not that close. Isn’t it normal for girls who have known eachother for over 6 years to hang out? 

“God, the media is dumb.” She groaned and turned off her phone, throwing her head back into the rock hard couch pillows. She hissed in pain and rubbed her head.

“You’ve seen it?” Dahyun asked absentmindedly as she scrolled through her phone.

“Of course I have, these people don’t respect privacy.” 

“It’s not that serious Chaeyoung.” The older girl glanced at the other.

“How can you say that?”

“I mean, why be pissed if it’s not true? Unless you actually like her.” Dahyun giggled teasingly. Chaeyoung pouted, crossed her arms and huffed before getting up and marching away stubbornly.

 

“Dumb Dahyun.” Chaeyoung grumbled and let out a loud, dramatic sigh

“I’m too famous.” She humoured herself before picking up her phone.

MiChaeng is real??!! TWICE’s Mina and Chaeyoung dating scandal brings in new fans.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, she swore she could see her brain. So what they were outside together alone? What’s so special about wanting to be alone with a pretty girl you’ve known for 6 years? Okay, maybe she liked her a little bit, but not like that.

“Chae!” Nayeon burst into the room and Chaeyoung thought the door might collapse from the sheer force of the bunny-toothed girl, “Are you and Mina really dating?”

Upon hearing this utterly ridiculous and out-of-the-question question Chaeyoung groaned gruellingly and rolled over so that her face was stuffed into the pillows.

“No, you old hag, we’re not dating! Go off Jeongyeon or something.” her voice was muffled and muted through the pillow

“What did you say?” Nayeon squinted 

The younger girl sat up, “Okay, granny, I said no, we’re not dating. Go off Jeongyeon. Or maybe go drool over her dance practice videos.”

“CHAEYOUNG YOU LITTLE RAT!” Nayeon charged at her, tackling her on the bed. She hugged the girl so tight she swore she could feel her lungs compress.

“Hey! Shut up! It’s 11pm!” Jeogyeon shouted, arguably louder than they were, and walked in groggily with her phone in hand.

“Hey did you see that dating scandal thingy?” the eldest giggled

“Yeah, Chaeyoung is a bit embarrassed about it huh?”

“Yeah I am embarrassed so shut up about it.” Chaeyoung breathed, “And let go of me.”

Nayeon loosened her grip, “It’s bringing us a lot of new fans, so I guess it isn’t all that bad.”

“Do you think PD will mind?” Chaeyoung closed her eyes. What if it got her and Mina fired?

“I don’t think he will as long as you’re not, you know, not actually dating.” Jeongyeon scrolled

“Would you mind? I mean, if we were actually dating.”

She raised her eyebrow, “Why? You have a thing for her?” 

Nayeon giggled.

“What? No I was just asking!” Chaeyoung covered her face in an attempt to hide the blush that was forming, “You guys are so annoying.”

“Yeah yeah, we get it, you’re whipped. Get some rest idiots, we have a long day of practice tomorrow.”

 

Chaeyoung woke up to what she thought was pots and pans clanging.

“Put that down you imbecile!” the voice was muffled by the door.

“How am i the imbecile! I’m not the one that almost burned down the dorm trying to reheat chicken in the microwave!”

“That was two years ago Jeongyeon!”

“Two years my , I wake up to the smoke alarm half of the time!”

“Okay but-“

“Shut up will you! It’s ing 6am!” Jihyo bellowed. The dorm fell silent, the only noises came from the shuffling slippers approaching her door.

“Hey, Chaeyoungie.”

Chaeyoung groaned and rolled over, “What.”

“PD wants to see us.”

She mumbled in confusion before opening her eyes.

“Come on, the manager is waiting in the car.”

Chaeyoung stood up slowly and rubbed her eyes, opening them to see Mina smiling at her,“Why’re you smiling.”

“You’re so cute, how can i not smile?”

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened and her breath hitched before coughing awkwardly ,” Geez no need to be a flirt. No wonder we have dating rumours.”

Mina let out a soft giggle, her hand covering her gummy smile. 

 

The car ride was silent. Chaeyoung was still in her strawberry patterned pyjamas and her fluffy slippers while Mina was dressed up. Their manager took occasional glances at them through the mirror before giving up and focusing on the road.

“We’re here.”

Mina got out the car first, reaching out a hand to help Chaeyoung down.

“It’s so cold.” Chaeyoung’s teeth chattered as they walked towards the JYP building 

“I told you to layer up.”

“Who knew it was going to be so cold?”

“I did. Idiot.” Mina laughed as they entered the building, her hand in Chaeyoung’s.

The receptionist gave them a weird look before allowing them through, “Jinyoung would like to “see you two.”

Chaeyoung let go of Mina’s hand before stepping inside the office. 

“Hello girls. Take a seat. I’m sure you’ve seen the news.” he took a deep breath as the girls sat, “We need you two to date.”

“What?!” Chaeyoung and Mina sprang out of their chairs as fast as they had sat down

“Date? As in romantically date?” Chaeyoung’s jaw dropped.

“Sit down please. Yes, romantically date. It doesn’t have to be real, we just think it would be good for TWICE. Have you seen the amount of publicity we’ve gotten from this? You two could be pioneers for the industry!”

“Are you insane? Korea isn’t ready for- for a couple of the same gender!” Mina whisper-shouted.

“The international fans eat this thing up, Korea is becoming more open minded. It’s a perfect opportunity, all I need you to do is sign this!”

The two girls shared a look. Their eyes lingered on eachother for a brief second, wandering on eachothers features. Chaeyoung took a deep breathe before taking the pen first as Mina stared at her in shock.

“We've been in the industry for years, why don't we spice it up? C’mon it’ll be fun.” Chaeyoung smiled her dimpled smile and Mina thought she might melt.