Chapter 14

Accidentally Changing The Story of a Web Drama

After the weekend, September came, marking six months since Kyungmi came into this world. Nothing much has changed except for the fact that now the story of the web drama would go without her knowing what’s going to happen next. Kyungmi finished arranging her uniform as she grabbed her backpack and bid goodbye to her mom before leaving. She arrived at the first floor of the building and began walking toward the exit of the building’s ground when she saw Kyungwoo waiting there. She halted as she felt her heart beating like crazy. She closed her eyes and took deep breaths to calm down before walking toward him. 

 

“What are you doing here? “. She asked as she approached him. “I thought you said you were going to walk to school with Gong Jooyoung “. 

“Ah~ I thought it was better to go with you. I just can’t stand being the third wheel “. He replied, making her laugh at his response. She noticed that he cut his hair, showing his forehead a little more than before but still enough to cover his scar. “Huh? You cut your hair! “.

“Oh...yeah “. He nodded in affirmation as he touched his bangs. 

“You look better “. She complimented. “You look...free “. She replied. At that, he chuckled as he ruffled her hair. 

“Thanks. Come on, let’s get going to school “. 

 

Both of them took the bus, and they ended up sitting together. Much to her dismay since she couldn’t control her heart that was beating so hard and fast and she was afraid that he might hear it. As they hopped off the bus, they walked toward the entrance of the school. As they were talking about random stuff, Ahram called them. They turned around to see Minji and Ahram jogging toward them before halting after staring at Kyungwoo’s new haircut. 

 

“You came early “. Kyungwoo commented. 

“You cut your hair? “. Minji asked. 

“Why? Did your heart skip a beat? “. He joked.  

“Eh? It was better when your face was half-covered “. She retorted. 

“Yah “. Ahram laughed. “You should have covered the other eye and made it balanced “. Kyungwoo eyed her as he put his hand in front of her face and then at Minji’s. 

“Your bangs are worse. Grow them quickly and hide your faces “. He commented as he looked at Kyungmi. “Let's go “. He said before walking away. Kyungmi sighed at his childish comment and shook her head before telling the girls to come fast. They arrived at their classroom and took their seats on their desks. Kyungmi greeted Jarim but the latter was so focused on something that she couldn't catch her greeting. Kyungmi wondered what happened since she knew that episode 18 ended and there were twelve episodes left so she didn’t know how things would turn out now. 

“Ah “. She then remembered that she had to get something from her locker. “I will be back “. 

“Where are you going? “. Kyungwoo asked. 

“I forgot my Math textbook. I will be back soon “. She promised and left. She headed toward her locker, which was closer to her classroom, and put her combination before opening it and taking her Math textbook out. She closed it and she was about to leave when she saw Minji’s friend, Bang Yeseul, walking past her along with her friend and going upstairs. She suddenly remembered about the day of the festival and how she seems to have a crush on Kyungwoo. Unexpectedly, she felt unconfident with herself. “She seems very pretty and tall, which it’s an image that will go well with Lee Kyungwoo….Unlike me….who’s small and the average of beauty….”. She thought as she tightened the grip around her textbook. “I guess this will be a good option to numb my feelings for Kyungwoo. Since he’s not interested in me in a romantic way, this is a chance for me to move on…..”. Shaking her head, she took a deep breath before heading back to the classroom. She made her way to her seat and sat down and saw Ahn Kyungmin walking in the classroom and when he saw Jarim, he burst out in laughter. 

“What’s with him? “. Kyungmi wondered. 

“I keep thinking about it and I’m going crazy “. He laughed.

“Go to your seat and laugh “. Jarim said with a frown of annoyance. Kyungmin shut his mouth before saying to her. 

“But Gong Jooyoung was worried. How much did you see? “. He asked as he laughed. 

“Yah, Ahn Kyungmin. That’s enough “. She warned him. 

“S-Sorry “. He said before heading toward his desk. 

“Why is she acting like that? “. Kyungmi pursed her lips out in wonder. She shook her head to forget about it and looked through her backpack to get her pencil case out. She opened it and frowned when she couldn’t find her favorite highlighters. “What the hell….I had them until yesterday! “. “Kyungwoo-ah “. She turned to Kyungwoo, who was busy playing a game on his phone. “Has anyone come here to my desk? “. 

“Ah…..I don’t know. I haven’t noticed since I was into this game, why? “. 

“That’s so weird….my highlighters disappeared “. 

“Yah, who would take some highlighters from you? “. 

“That’s what I want to know “. She sighed. “But it’s not the first time my things have disappeared. I already lost my earphones and a chapstick a few weeks ago “. She explained with a sigh. “I get it if I lose one thing. But that I keep losing other stuff, that’s too weird “. Kyungwoo frowned in confusion as well and wondered who would be taking Kyungmi’s stuff. Then, she received a message and took her phone out to check it. She sighed when it was Kim Hyukjae. 

 

K.H: Hey, Kyungmi. Why are you ignoring me :( It would be nice if you can respond to me from time to time. 

 

“This guy seriously….”. She sighed as she locked her phone without responding to him. 

“What is it? “. Kyungwoo asked. 

“It's Kim Hyukjae. He’s been texting me nonstop ever since the festival “. She exhaled in tiredness. 

“What? “. He frowned as he looked at her rubbing her temple in tiredness. “Give me your phone “. 

“Why? “. She asked with curiosity. 

“Just give it to me “. Kyungmi asked no more as she unlocked her phone and obediently passed it to him. He went to her contacts and blocked Kim Hyukjae’s phone number. “Here “. He returned her phone. “I blocked his number so he won’t be able to contact you “. 

“What? “. She blinked in surprise at him. “But...won’t he get mad for this? What if he comes to me and finds out I blocked him? “. 

“Then call me. I can pretend that I’m your boyfriend or something to shoo him away “. 

“I’ve been curious since the festival day “. She started as she rested her chin over her hand. “But why are you so against him? Has he done something wrong to you? “. 

“No “. Kyungwoo denied. “It’s just...he doesn’t have a good reputation “. 

“What….kind of reputation? “. She carefully asked.

“He’s a player “. He responded, which caused her to nod in understanding. “So if you happen to see him, just call me right away or tell him that you are not interested and that you have a boyfriend, okay? “. Kyungmi couldn’t help but gape at him for being protective toward her. Somehow, she felt flustered for being scolded like that, as if he was acting like a real boyfriend. “Okay? “. He repeated his words. 

“Okay…..”. Kyungmi slowly nodded in understanding and went to check something on her textbook. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose as he wondered why Kim Hyukjae is being so obsessed with Kyungmi. He had to do everything possible to avoid her from meeting him. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

School ended and everyone was dismissed as they packed their stuff. Kyungmi said that she will leave first, saying that she needed to buy a few pens and highlighters. As she was heading toward the exit, someone called her. She looked up and her eyes widened with panic when she saw Kim Hyukjae leaning against the wall while smiling at her. 

 

“What are you….?”. 

“Why are you ignoring my messages? “. He asked, making her feel uncomfortable. She slowly gulped down her nervousness, cleared , before responding. 

“Sorry….I was busy “. She mumbled. “Busy avoiding you…”. She thought. 

“I see “. He nodded in understanding. “But still, I’m glad that I met you, or else I would have been sad if you didn’t come out “. Kyungmi forced a smile as she tried to think of methods to avoid him and go to the stationary store. Little did she know that behind them was Kyungwoo staring at the scene. He saw how uncomfortable Kyungmi was acting in the presence of Kim Hyukjae and decided to interfere. He walked toward her and put an arm around her. 

“Yah, what are you doing here? “. Kyungwoo asked as he looked at her. “I told you to wait for me so we could go together to the stationary store “. 

“Huh? “. Kyungmi blinked as she tried to process the situation while wondering when he did arrive. Then Kyungwoo looked up to see Kim Hyukjae pulling an expression of displeasure. 

“Oh? What a surprise, Kim Hyukjae? What brings you here? “. He asked. Hyukjae just smirked before responding. 

“I was just passing by. I was on my way to my house “. He explained. 

“Ah~ I see “. Kyungwoo nodded in understanding as he brought Kyungmi closer. “But what should I do? We have to leave now though “. 

“Are you perhaps….”. Hyukjae looked at Kyungwoo’s arm encircled around Kyungmi before staring back at him. “Dating? “. At that, Kyungwoo smirked as he tilted his head to the side. 

“What does it look like to you? “. He asked while Hyukjae’s smile fell at the question. “If you excuse us, we will leave “. Kyungwoo said as he looked at Kyungmi with a gentle smile. “Let's go “. 

“Oh…..”. Kyungmi nodded as she glanced at Kim Hyukjae one more time before following Kyungwoo under his embrace. Kim Hyukjae scoffed in disbelief at the view as he cracked his neck while tightening his jaw with anger. 

“So you guys are coming out like that? Choi Kyungmi…..you can’t do that to me “. He murmured as he glared at the pair from a distance. 

 

The pair arrived at the front of the stationary store, with Kyungmi sighing in relief after seeing that Hyukjae wasn’t following them. 

“Thanks for that “. Kyungmi thanked him as she rubbed her chest to calm her anxious heart. “But how did you come back? I thought you left first to go to the internet cafe “. 

“Ah, I passed by the bathroom first “. He explained as she nodded in understanding. 

“Well, thanks for helping me back there “. She said as she waved at him. “Then go, I will go buy some stuff “. 

“Let me accompany you “. He suggested. 

“But- “. 

“You don’t know if he might come here too “. He reasoned with her. She knew he was right since Kim Hyukjae was somehow an unpredictable person. She looked at him, who was waiting for her permission to accompany her and sighed in defeat. 

“Alright, let’s go “. She said as she entered the shop first. Kyungwoo chuckled at her reaction and followed her. She was picking some highlighters as she glanced at Kyungwoo looking at some pencil cases. As she picked the things she needed, she went to the counter to pay for them. Before she could pay for them, Kyungwoo came over with a pencil case and passed some cash to the cashier. 

 

“I will buy these too “. He said. 

“Yah, you don’t have to do that! “. Kyungmi protested. 

“It’s alright “. He smiled at her as he received the change while the employee packaged the pens, highlighters, and the pencil case in two different bags. She tilted her head to the side before she thanked the employee after receiving the bag and walked out of the store along with him. 

“Here “. He said as he held out the bag with the pencil case. “For you “. 

“What? “. Her eyes widened in surprise as she grabbed the bag. “What's this for? “. 

“I noticed that your pencil case was getting old. Consider this as a way to thank you for everything “. Kyungwoo smiled at her. “Yah, if you are hungry, let’s go get something to eat “. He replied as he turned around and began walking away. Kyungmi sighed as she felt complicated with her feelings now. “Why are you doing this? You are making it difficult to move on from my feelings….stop being nice! “. She wanted to scream as she took a deep breath and followed him. 

 

They arrived at a fried chicken joint and ordered some fried and sweet and sour chicken. 

 

“This time I will pay for it “. Kyungmi insisted as she put a fork in front of him. 

“Really? “. He scoffed as he nodded in gratitude. “Then, I will eat well “. He lightly smirked before grabbing his fork and digging in. Kyungmi poked on her sweet and sour chicken as she glanced at him, wondering if it was the right time to tell him or not. 

“Uh ....Kyungwoo-ah “. She called him. 

“Hmm? “. He looked up at her while munching. She her bottom lip in nervousness before asking. 

“Are you perhaps not interested in going on a blind date? “. At that, Kyungwoo frowned in disbelief and swallowed the food he had in his mouth before putting his fork down. 

“Why are you suddenly asking that? “. He asked in a soft but intimidating tone. 

“It’s just….I saw Bang Yeseul passing by today, and it crossed my mind that….you and her would look good together….”. She glanced at him as she continued poking on her chicken. She heard him sigh before shaking his head. 

“I’m not interested “. He replied. “I already have someone I like “. 

“Really? “. She blinked at him, curious about who that fortunate girl would be. “Who? 

“ You “. Kyungmi’s brain stopped functioning as she let her fork drop to the floor. “Yah, are you okay? “. He asked as he passed her a new fork. 

“W-What did you say? “. She asked again, wondering if he was being serious or pulling her a prank. 

“I said I like you “. He repeated. “No, it can’t be! He can’t be like me! That means that I’ve changed too much the storyline of this drama! And I still don’t have the confidence to open up to him yet “. 

“Listen, Kyungwoo….I- “. She stopped short when Kyungwoo began laughing, causing her to be more confused than ever. 

“Wow~ you should have seen your face! That was hilarious! “. He laughed harder. “Of course, I was joking! Why be so serious? “. He asked. Kyungmi sighed with relief, but somehow, she felt hurt by the joke. She forced a laugh as she nodded in understanding. 

“Is that so? God….I was in the middle of a breakdown “. She sighed. 

“Sorry “. He chuckled. “Anyways….I will consider your offer of seeing another girl. I guess you suggest it to end my chapter with Nam Yuri, right? “. 

“Huh? “. She slowly nodded in agreement, although that wasn’t what she meant. “Yeah, of course! “. She forced a smile.

“Okay then, I will think about it “. Kyungwoo gave her a small smile before he continued eating. But in his mind, he was disappointed that Kyungmi reacted like that to his confession. “Of course, she would act like that….It was obvious that she's not interested in me. I was so stupid to think that she had the same feelings toward me “. He glanced in her direction and watched her eating the chicken. “Although….I wouldn’t want to lose this connection with her...if it means to keep her by my side, I can just be her friend and hide my feelings toward her “. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The next morning, Kyungwoo waited at the front of Kyungmi’s building so they could walk together. “Yeah, we are just going as friends, nothing more “. He nodded at himself and then turned around to see Kyungmi coming his way. 

“What’s with you? “. Kyungmi asked as she looked at him with teasing. “I thought you would be walking with Jooyoung this time “. 

“He always goes with his girlfriend anyway “. He shrugged his shoulders. 

“I know that feeling “. She sighed. “Ever since those two began walking to school together, Jarim always ditched me “. She pouted. 

“Come on, we will be late for school “. He said as he began walking away. Kyungmi wondered what was happening to him as he seemed nervous about something. She just hoped he wasn’t awkward around her after what happened yesterday. Without thinking much, she decided to follow him. 


 

During recess time, Kyungmi went with Ahram to the convenience store so Kyungwoo was alone at his desk while thinking deeply with his arms crossed about Kyungmi’s suggestion to begin meeting another girl. “I guess it won’t be bad if it’s a suggestion from Kyungmi...“. He nodded in determination before standing up and walking toward Jarim and Minji with his phone in hand. They looked up at him as he stood up in front of Minji. 

 

“What? “. Jarim asked. 

“Yah, you know….your friend Bang….What’s her name? Give me her phone number “. He said as he held out his phone. 

“Last time, you said you didn’t want to meet her “. Minji replied. 

“No, well….Just give it to me for now “. He said. Minji frowned a little before looking through her contacts and sending him Yeseul’s phone number through text. “Thank you “. He said as he walked away from the classroom. 

“What is it? “. Jarim asked her. 

“I don’t know. They will take care of themselves “. Minji muttered. Kyungmi and Ahram came back from buying snacks and they were surprised to find Minji kind of deflated. 

“Yah, what’s with her? “. Kyungmi asked. Jarim shrugged her shoulders, meaning she didn’t know the answer either. Kyungmi wondered what happened to her to be like that and if it was related to Kyungwoo.

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Class 3 were reunited in the music classroom as they were invited to watch a speech from a education teacher the school was invited to provide advice about a healthy ual life. 

 

“Be quiet. Be quiet “. Their homeroom teacher said. “For this creative experience activity, you’ll have a special education class with an instructor from outside the school. Since she’s not from the school, she’s a guest so be good. Okay? “.

“Yes! “. Everyone replied. 

“Teacher, how much detail will she go? “. Ahram asked. “We already know everything we have to know “. She said and everyone laughed.

“Quiet, quiet! Just know that we have to combine classes because of the schedule. Class 2, come in “. The teacher said as students from Class 2 came in. Kyungmi hummed as she looked back at her phone as she kept receiving messages from an unknown number, not aware of Kyungmin teasing Jooyoung to sit down next to his girlfriend because he was embarrassed to face her after she accidentally saw him stark when she visited his studio along with Ahn Kyungmin. 

 

Unknown number: Kyungmi-ah, are you free this Friday?

Unknown number: Would you like to watch movies with me? 

Unknown number: I know you are not dating Lee Kyungwoo. 

 

She sighed as she locked her phone and closed her eyes while massaging her temple.

“I think I will go crazy at this point “. She said as she hit her forehead with her fist. 

“What’s wrong? “. Kyungwoo, who was next to her, asked with curiosity. 

“Someone keeps texting me….”. She replied. “I have a feeling that it’s Kim Hyukjae “. 

“What? “. He frowned in disbelief. “But we blocked his number “. 

“It’s just a guess...I really don’t know who it is “. Kyungmi replied as she showed him the texts she’s been receiving since today. “What should I do? Should I just change my number? “. Kyungwoo exhaled through his nose after seeing the messages and gave her back her phone. 

“Just ignore it. It will be tiring to change numbers just because of him “. 

“Do you think so? “. She asked as she looked back at her phone. “I wonder why he keeps texting me….Wasn’t ignoring him a hint that I’m not interested in him? “. 

“This bastard seriously…..”. Kyungwoo sighed as he looked at her. “I will try to give him a talk so just stay still, okay? “. 

“Alright….”. She nodded in understanding as she looked at the front to get focused on the speech, which turned into a mess since Jooyoung was so embarrassed about Jarim already seeing his private part that he couldn’t even hold a single and ran away from the classroom. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Minji met Yeseul at the stairs during recess time. Apparently, Kyungwoo contacted Yeseul first and asked her to have lunch with him. 

 

“Lee Kyungwoo said he wants to have a meal with you? “. Minji asked, kind of disappointed by the news. 

“Yeah “. Yeseul hummed in content. “It’s all thanks to you. Thank you “. 

“No, it’s nothing. That's good “. Minji forced a smile. 

“You also come along. I’ll buy “. Yeseul insisted. Minji frowned at her words. 

“Why would I go along? You two should eat together “. 

“Is it a bit weird? I thought it would be fine since you guys are close “. Yeseul commented. “Should we meet separately? “. Minji didn’t reply while thinking about it. “Anyway, thanks “. Yeseul told her before leaving. Minji sighed as she wondered if it was a good idea to pair her friend up with Lee Kyungwoo. 

 

At the same time, Kyungmi was talking to Kyungwoo in the corridor about his invitation for a meal with Yeseul. 

 

“You asked her? “. Kyungmi asked as she crossed her arms. 

“I followed your suggestion “. He nodded in confirmation. “You were right. I have to move on and meet new people “.

“That’s...cool “. She forced a smile as she nodded in understanding. “Anyway, do well. She seems like a nice person “. 

“You should come with us! “. Kyungwoo suggested. 

“Out of the blue? “. She looked at him as if he had gone crazy. “Why would I go there? “. 

“You are my best friend, and I need you to take a look at her if I’m meeting the right person “. Kyungwoo explained. 

“Won’t that be uncomfortable for her? It’s your first meeting though “. She said as she felt unsure if she should join them or not. 

“Come on, your opinion is important to me “. Kyungwoo replied with a pout. “I want to be sure that I’m meeting a good person. Please help me “. He said as he showed her his clasped hands of pleading. Kyungmi forced a chuckle as she scratched her chin in awkwardness. “I guess it won’t be bad to have a look at her personality, right? “. 

“Alright….I will go “. Kyungmi sighed in defeat. “Just let her know that I’m coming too “. 

“Okay “. He nodded in understanding with a smile. “Then I will see you later, I have to go to the restroom “. He said before he left. Kyungmi heavily exhaled as she ruffled her hair in frustration. “Choi Kyungmi….you really have gone mad! What were you thinking in agreeing to this?! “. 


 

After school, Kyungmi and Minji followed Kyungwoo and Yeseul to their first meeting as Minji agreed to receive the lunch Yeseul promised to buy while Kyungmi went to be Kyungwoo’s ‘counselor’ . Minji exhaled through her nose as she watched Kyungwoo playing games on his phone and wondered how her friend even liked that guy. “Aigoo….if he agreed to have a date with her, why is he glued to his phone? “. Kyungmi wondered as she shook her head in disbelief at the sight of her friend. 

“By the way, thanks for letting me join you “. Kyungmi said to Yeseul. 

“No problem! The more people, the better “. Yeseul smiled. “Also, I heard you are Kyungwoo’s best friend so I’m glad that you are here “. 

“Oh…..thanks…”. Kyungmi replied as she awkwardly smiled at her. Then Yeseul took a glance at Kyungwoo, who was sitting next to her. 

“Stop playing with your phone. Eat something before “. Yeseul said as she took a fork with spicy rice cake and fed him. 

“Huh? Oh…”. Kyungwoo said as he received the food without taking his eyes away from the screen. “I’ll just finish this one round “. Kyungmi glanced between them and she swore that she was just witnessing a painting of beautiful people. “Not just pretty, but she also seems caring and nice…..I guess she will be a good match for him “. Kyungmi nodded in agreement as she drank some water. 

“When I look closer, you really seem like a baby “. Yeseul commented with a smile. Minji scoffed at her comment before asking. 

“Yeseul, what do you like about a guy like him? “. 

“At first, I liked him because he is handsome, but what he does is cute “. Yeseul explained. Kyungmi suppressed a chuckle as Kyungwoo scoffed at that and finally looked at her. 

“Cute? This small one keeps acting up “. He said as he gently knocked his knuckles on her forehead. 

“Oh? My birthday is earlier. You want to die? “. She warned him. 

“Sorry, noona “. He chuckled and went back to play his game. Kyungmi scoffed at how natural he was acting toward a woman. “I don’t think he needs my help in this “. She thought. Yeseul giggled at his response.

“Cute. Minji, is he always this cute? “. Minji just scoffed as she didn’t know what to reply. She put her fork down before looking at Kyungwoo. 

“By the way, Lee Kyungwoo. At first, you said you weren’t interested in Yeseul, so why did you suddenly want to meet her? “. 

“Huh? “. Yeseul looked surprised at her question. Kyungmi also looked surprised as she blinked in confusion before looking at Minji as the latter continued explaining. 

“It’s just that when I first showed him your picture, he said he wasn’t interested and left. Who does he think he is? “. Minji said while chuckling with a smirk. Kyungwoo stared at her with confusion as he tried to find an excuse. Of course, he couldn’t say that it was because he was in love with Kyungmi. He glanced at Kyungmi, who had an expression of confusion on her face while staring at him as if she was demanding some answers about that. But then Yeseul continued the conversation. 

“Ah, it’s because you weren’t interested, that you didn’t want to meet me at first? “. Yeseul asked him. 

“Ah, yeah, I didn’t like the picture. You look better in person “. He excused. In his words, Yeseul gave in with a smile. Kyungmi looked at him and couldn’t help but feel sour about this. “I was wrong in coming here...My feelings aren’t getting numb by this view “.

“Look at him talking. You make it so obvious that you have many girls “. Minji commented. 

“What are you saying? What girl? “. Minji stayed in silence as she drank some water. She couldn’t tell him she knew about the story of Nam Yuri since it was meant to be a secret. She put the cup down as she looked away, feeling uncomfortable being with them. Kyungmi glanced at her before looking back at the pair, mostly Yeseul trying to interact with Kyungwoo. She tried not to take much concern about them and continued eating the spicy rice cakes as she responded to Yeseul’s question from time to time. 



 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Kyungmi and the girls were watching at Kyungwoo bidding goodbye to his new girlfriend as he got in the classroom. 

 

“I guess they are finally dating “. Jinhee sighed while watching them with envy. Minji scoffed at the sight. 

“If he was going to be like that, then why did he play hard to get at first? “. Ahram looked at Kyungmi and pouted, knowing how she was feeling. Sensing her gaze, Kyungmi smiled at her as she just rubbed her friend’s arm in affirmation that she was okay. 

“Don’t talk behind people’s backs first thing in the morning “. He glanced at Kyungmi and somehow he felt guilty because after he began dating Yeseul, he has been ditching her to go to school with his girlfriend. 

“Well, it’s because Yeseul is totally out of your league “. Minji retorted before looking away. 

“Congrats on getting a girlfriend “. Jarim congratulated him. 

“Thanks “. He smiled at her. “You guys also should do something that is worth congratulating. I’ll put my heart and soul into giving you congratulations then “. 

“What the hell? Annoying first thing in the morning “. Minji sighed with her arms crossed. 

“Wait and see. I’ll receive your congratulations with all my heart and soul “. Jinhee retorted. 

“Yah Lee Kyungwoo! I have something that is worth congratulating “. Ahram said. 

“Oh! Really? Did you get a boyfriend? “. He asked. 

“Yeah, a boyish friend. Whom I’ll beat up now “. She stood up as she was going to follow him when he ran away from her. “Jerk “. She replied, earning a laugh from Kyungmi. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

Class started with the homeroom teacher having a speech with his students. 

 

“Do you guys know that it is exam time? Are you guys studying properly? “. The teacher asked them. 

“No “. Everyone responded. 

“And do you know how severe our class’ average is? “. 

“We don’t know “. Kyungmi hummed as she wondered what was going on.

“How would you feel if we place last again? “. “Even if I study hard, we are still in last place? How come? “. She tilted her head to the side. 

“Comfort from finding our place “. Kyungmin joked as the rest laughed at his joke. 

“I wonder if you know that you’ll have to take after-class study if you come last again in these midterms “. The teacher pointed out, startling the students. 

“What?! “. “After-school study?! “. “This is not right! “. “No way! “. 

“Do you know who plays the biggest part in smashing our class average to the ground? “. The teacher asked. Just then, the door opened, revealing Kyungwoo getting into the classroom. 

“I am sorry, I was in the restroom “. Kyungwoo bowed as he closed the door. 

“He's here “. The teacher said as he watched Kyungwoo heading toward his desk and taking a seat. “The punk who pinned our class average to the ground. Let me make you a proposition “. The teacher said as he pointed at Kyungwoo. “If that brat raises his average to 70, even if you place last, you are all exempted from the after-class study. Okay? “. Kyungmi’s eyes widened at the proposition. “There is no way we can help him get his grades better! He hates studying! This is worse than all the missions of Mission Impossible! “. Kyungmi thought as she sighed and scratched her head while the rest of the class complained as the teacher left. 

“Gosh, we’re doomed! “. 

 

After a few classes, recess time came and Kyungwoo told Kyungmi to accompany her outside to play a round of games on their phones. She agreed as they went to the rest area and took their phones out as they began playing games. They were almost finishing one round when someone came to sit next to Kyungwoo. 

 

“Hi! “. Yeseul beamed as she linked arms with Kyungwoo. 

“Oh, you came? “. Kyungwoo asked without looking at her. Kyungmi glanced at her before pausing the game. “Yah, what are you doing? “. Kyungwoo looked at her with slight annoyance for pausing in an important moment. 

“Yah, spending time with your girlfriend is more important than playing this game “. Kyungmi commented with a scoff as she smiled at Yeseul. “How were classes today?“. 

“They were okay “. Yeseul revealed but then sighed. “Although it will be midterms soon so I have to study hard to upgrade my marks “. 

“Yeah, we do too “. Kyungmi replied, referring to Kyungwoo and her. 

“Yeseul, sorry, but can we just finish this round? “. Kyungwoo interrupted their conversation. Kyungmi glanced between both of them as Yeseul became flustered. 

“Yah “. Kyungmi nudged his arm. “We can always finish the game later “. 

“No, it’s okay! You can continue “. Yeseul insisted, but Kyungmi noticed how her expression turned into sadness. Somehow, Kyungmi didn’t feel good about it. 

“Thanks, we will finish in a minute “. Kyungwoo flashed her a smile before nudging Kyungmi to focus. “Come on “. 

“Oh….”. Kyungmi glanced at Yeseul and flashed a smile as an apology before she continued playing the game. After they finished a round, Kyungmi suggested they stop playing so she could learn more about Kyungwoo’s girlfriend. 

“You must like games “. Yeseul guessed as she glanced at Kyungmi. 

“Oh….yeah “. Kyungmi shyly admitted. “I know girls don’t play video games but to me it’s fun and I feel happy when I play video games “. 

“I see “. Yeseul nodded in understanding with a smile. 

“Kyungmi is really good at video games “. Kyungwoo complimented. “She’s even better than the boys so whenever I want to play, I always call for Kyungmi “. Kyungmi frowned because that sounded kind of weird. 

“Of course, we don’t play every time together “. Kyungmi nervously laughed. “Only if we have big matches….”. 

“I see…”. Yeseul forced a smile while trying to control her emotions of being left out. Kyungmi exhaled through her nose as she asked her. 

“So, Yeseul, anything you like to do? “. Kyungmi asked her. 

“Well...I like spending time with my friends, going shopping and going to cafes “. Yeseul explained. “It’s mostly going out “. 

“Really? “. Kyungmi beamed at the mention of going to cafes. “I like to go to cafes too! “. 

“Really? “. Yeseul smiled in relief that they had something in common. “How about if we go to a cafe together with Kyungwoo? “. 

“Oh….”. Kyungmi looked at Kyungwoo before looking at Yeseul. “Sure...we can have girls hang out too sometimes “. 

“That sounds fun “. Yeseul agreed. 

“Yah, Kyung~ see this “. Kyungwoo said as he showed her his phone. Kyungmi forced a smile at Yeseul before looking at him. 

“What? “. She asked through her gritted teeth before staring at his phone. Then she saw a contest of winning the Playstation 5 on Instagram and her eyes widened in content. “Oh my God! It’s the Playstation 5?! “. 

“There are two of them. If we participate, we might have a chance to win “. 

“Seriously?! “. Kyungmi said as she took her phone out. “What should I do? “. Kyungwoo chuckled as he began explaining the instructions to participate in the contest. When they were done, Kyungmi squealed in happiness. 

“Are you that happy? “. Kyungwoo laughed. 

“Of course I am! “. She beamed. “I’ve been waiting for this moment to happen! Since I can’t ask my mom to buy it because it’s expensive, I’ve been saving money to buy it someday. But there’s a chance of getting one! I hope we win! “. She said as she jumped in her seat. 

“Aigoo~ “. Kyungwoo said as he gently ruffled her hair, a habit he got after meeting Kyungmi. The latter stood still when he did that, suddenly waking up from reality as she glanced at Yeseul. She saw her eyes getting sad when he did that gesture and she felt like she just committed a sin in front of her. “Oh my God….I did screw it up “. 

“Yah...what happened? Are you okay? “. Kyungwoo asked as he grabbed her arm while staring at her in concern. “You look pale “. Kyungmi stared at him before gently taking his hand away from her arm. 

“I-I’m fine “. She cleared as she stood up. “I will leave first since I forgot to do some homework. See you around, Yeseul “. Kyungmi waved at her. 

“O-Oh ….okay “. Yeseul waved her back. Biting her bottom lip, Kyungmi turned around and left. She went to the classroom and sat on her desk as she looked at the horizon with a blank expression. “What am I doing? How could I act like that in front of her? Of course, she would feel sad. Even though I’m Kyungwoo’s best friend, there are lines that shouldn’t be crossed “. 

“Kyung~ “. Kyungmi looked up as she saw Ahram sitting at Kyungwoo’s desk. “Tell me, what happened? I thought you said you would confess to him “.

“I retracted in the end….“. Kyungmi sighed. “It’s true that I’m not ready for a relationship “. 

“Aigoo~ “. Ahram sighed. “That’s so frustrating….And I was expecting you to be Kyungwoo’s girlfriend “. 

“It can't be helped, since I’m someone who is hiding secrets “. Kyungmi sighed. 

“Secrets? Like what? “. Ahram blinked at her. 

“There is such a thing “. Kyungmi softly smiled at her. “I will tell you someday “. 

“Ha…..What are you going to do now? “. 

“What do you think? I should give my feelings up and continue with my life “. Kyungmi said as she leaned her back against the chair. “Maybe if I find another guy to date, my feelings for Kyungwoo might disappear too “. 

“Kyung~ “. Ahram pouted, feeling unfair that her friend has to make that decision. 

“I will be fine “. Kyungmi assured her. “It’s the correct thing to do, I can’t act like how we used to be when he already has a girlfriend. I should distance myself from him and remain as friends “. “Yeah, this is the best decision….I will be fine in a few days….nothing to worry about “. She thought to herself while trying to remain positive. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

After school, the crew walked together to go to their respective houses. 

 

“What should I do now? Should I drop out? “. Kyungwoo sighed. 

“My friend. Don’t despair. Let’s all gather in room 101 and study together “. Byunghoon suggested. 

“Yah, but that’s my place “. Jooyoung said. “I am going to the library with Jarim today- “. 

“We know the password, do you think we don’t even know that? “. Byunghoon said. 

“Yeah, but it’s my house-”. 

“Lee Kyungwoo, you are going to study with us, right? “. Minji asked. 

“What are you saying? You guys study hard yourselves “. He said. 

“It’s because if it doesn’t go well, our whole class will have to attend after-class study “. Jarim explained. 

“Right! You absolutely can’t have after-class study “. Jooyoung agreed with her. “Then there’ll only be the weekends for Jarim and me to go on dates “. He complained. “Lee Kyungwoo, you need to study no matter what “. 

“My friend, don’t worry “. Kyungmin said. “For the happy future of our class, I brought a tutor. The most sought-after tutor of Yisam Information High School, Choi Kyungmi! “. 

“What? “. She arched an eyebrow with her arms crossed. “Yah, I never agreed to tutor anyone. Besides, my level of patience is the size of an ant when it comes to teaching someone. I can’t go, I even agreed to go studying with my friends from middle school “. She explained. 

“Come on! “. Kyungmin begged. “You are the only one who can help increase our Kyungwoo’s grades “. 

“Even if I help him, the results will be the same “. Kyungmi explained, “Look at him! He has no will in learning so why waste my time in teaching someone who doesn’t have the effort to pay attention? “. 

“Yeah! “. Kyungwoo agreed with her. “Then you guys can study and increase the class grade average. Then I am going to meet Yeseul “. With that, he began walking away when Minji spoke. 

“Don’t worry. I explained everything to Yeseul. She wants us to make sure you study “. She showed her phone with Yeseul’s chat. “She also won’t like you having night study “. 

“Okay. Then let’s all go to Jooyoung’s house and we can all learn from Kyungmi “. Byunghoon said. 

“I said I’m not going “. Kyungmi warned him. 

“Too late “. Kyungmin said as he wrapped an arm around her and began dragging her. 

“Yah! Let go of me! Are you crazy?! “. Kyungmi shouted as she complained while being dragged by Kyungmin as the crew walked behind them. 

 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

Aside from Kyungmi, Jooyoung called Sanghoon over to tutor them since he happened to be smart with good grades. At the kitchen counter, Jooyoung, Jarim, Minji, Ahram, and Sanghoon were gathered while at a small table, Kyungmi, Kyungwoo, Byunghoon, and Kyungmin were sitting on the floor. Kyungmi sighed as she texted her friends that she couldn’t go with them since she got stuck tutoring her other friends. 

 

Cutie Seri: Aigoo~ Poor our Kyungmi T-T Alright, good luck with the tutoring!    

Pretty Yuri: Ha….nothing to do then. Study hard~ 

 

She replied back and put her phone to the side as she began studying. 

 

“The top student was Jung Sanghoon? “. Minji asked. 

“Yup “. Jooyoung nodded. 

“Yah “. Ahram called Sanghoon. “Do you really study well? “. 

“Well...yeah a bit “. Sanghoon mumbled. 

“This person lives in a totally different world from you guys “. Jooyoung began saying. “He’s one of the top ten students at Mowon High, the most prestigious school in the area “. Jooyoung said as Sanghoon shyly looked down. “He’s basically a future Seoul National University student “. Ahram looked at him with amusement. 

“That's impressive “. Kyungmi commented as she nodded in knowledge. “No wonder you look the smartest out of all the boys “. She then stared at Kyungwoo glaring at her. “What? “. She mouthed at him.  

“It is impressive, but why are you the one bragging? “. Jarim asked Jooyoung. 

“Because he is my friend “. Jooyoung replied. 

“And he could become someone’s boyfriend “. Kyungmin added, referring to Minji and Sanghoon. 

“Yah, yah! Let’s start studying “. Sanghoon suggested. Everyone agreed as they went back to studying. 

“See this exercise? “. Kyungmi asked Kyungwoo. “This is a sequence that has a factor of 2 between each number. Each term, except the first one, is found by multiplying the previous term by 2. Now we are going to use a geometric sequence, which in general is written like this “. She explained as she wrote down the sequence. “Where a is the first term, and r is the factor between the terms, which is also known as the common ratio, did you get it? “. She looked up and frowned when she saw Kyungwoo using his phone to play. Kyungmi sighed as she snapped it away from him. “Using the phone is forbidden during studying “. Kyungmi warned as she put his phone in her backpack. “Did you understand what I said? “.

“No “. He shook his head with a smile. Kyungmi sighed as she shook her head. She gave up teaching him that and went immediately to algebraic identities. 

“Listen well. The simplest and most used algebraic identity is ‘(a+b) squared’ “. She explained. “When you resolve it, you get ‘a squared + 2ab + b squared’. You got it? “. She asked. 

“No “. He shook his head again. 

“Yah, just tell him to memorize it “. Byunghoon commented. “That will be better “. 

“But he should know how to apply the formula “. Kyungmi insisted. 

“Yah, leave that to me “. Kyungmin told her with a smirk of assurance, which she wasn’t so sure about. 

“You know what, just memorize it “. She replied.  Meanwhile, Sanghoon was helping Minji with a Math exercise. 

“You solved it well until now. For the next problem, you need to use an application “. Sanghoon said. “Try to put it into the formula and solve it “. He said as Minji nodded in understanding. “I’ll let you know if there’s any mistake in how you solve the problem “. 

“Oh! Jung Sanghoon, are you tutoring Yang Minji one-on-one? “. Kyungwoo teased. 

“No, it’s just that Minji makes the fastest progress “. Sanghoon reasoned. 

“Don’t pay attention to others, and focus on your own studying “. Minji retorted. “Look at Kyungmi, she seems to be tired of explaining the exercises like a million times “. Kyungwoo then looked at Kyungmi, who was avoiding his gaze while focusing on her studies instead. 

“Should I also learn from Sanghoon? He’s being darn nice “. 

“If you want then go ahead “. Kyungmi muttered as she kicked his leg in annoyance. “You are wasting my time “. She scoffed before going back to her studies. Kyungwoo cursed as he rubbed the sore area and went back to his book but then he threw the pencil, as it was meaningless for him to keep studying. 

“I freaking don’t want to study “. Kyungwoo sighed. “Aren’t you guys hungry? “. 

“Yeah! Honestly a bit “. Jooyoung agreed with him. 

“Right? “. 

“Yeah “. 

“Then shall I make a night snack? “. Jarim suddenly asked. Jooyoung glanced at Kyungwoo as the latter looked away. Kyungmi cleared as she continued writing. 

“No! Uhm, j-just study. You have exams too, so you should concentrate “. Jooyoung said as everyone agreed with his statement. 

“Right, let’s all pitch in and order delivery “. Minji suggested. 

“Yeah, sure! Delivery! “. Jooyoung agreed as he took his phone out. 

“What a waste of money. Why order delivery? I’ll cook “. Jarim insisted. “What’s in the fridge? “. She asked as she stood up and went to the fridge.

“No. Well...I didn’t do any grocery shopping, so there’s nothing in the fridge…”. He said at the same time Jarim opened the fridge, showing all the groceries inside. Jarim looked at him with confusion as Jooyoung became flustered. 

“It’s full, though? “. She said. 

“Oh...Did my mom come or something? “. He asked while looking at his friends as Ahram went to the fridge. 

“Be honest. You’re being like this because my cooking doesn’t taste good, right? “. 

“N-No “. Jooyoung denied. “If it is you who made it, I could even eat a rock “. 

Yeah sure “. Kyungmi rolled her eyes as she shook her head. “Should I prepare some medicine for indigestion? “. 

“Yah, Jarim-ah “. Ahram called her. “Do you know how to make braised spicy chicken? There’s chicken in the fridge “. 

“Yes, I can make a decent one “. Jarim nodded as she turned to everyone. “It won’t take long. You guys keep studying “. 

“Okay! Cutting up a chicken is difficult, so I’ll help you “. Ahram said and then looked at Jooyoung. “Yah, you can only improve if you cook more, you know “. Kyungmi closed her eyes as she dropped her pen and rubbed her face in tiredness. Kyungwoo then motioned Jooyoung to come over as the latter did and stared at his friend. 

“You should’ve stopped her! Are you going to eat it all? “. Kyungwoo murmured through his gritted teeth while staring at Jooyoung. 

“I stopped her but she said she would cook. It’s because you said you were hungry! “. Jooyoung whispered, loud enough for Kyungwoo to hear. 

“Yah “. Kyungmi gritted her teeth while glaring at them. "You guys should have stopped her no matter what!. Are you guys going to take responsibility if we get indigestion? “. Then Minji tapped her pen loud enough for the three of them to hear. 

“But she said she makes braised spicy chicken well. Maybe we should trust her. Plus, Ah Rong is helping her “. She murmured. 

“Oh Ahram just said she’s helping with the cutting “. Kyungwoo whispered back with a serious face. 

Kyungmi looked conflicted as she was worried about the result. She will make sure to stay by Ahram’s side when the chicken is served. 


 

vxH_kQLgn-e47amL5Bo9hTOP0wUlbkDOFhPKcRXR0lS9LOmunTmCl_dH-DkjX5woLtOh-K3E-APXvy3LW_J7c6cyblg1DZAM_VPOGAXbIRWumxXvVAlfEY0FFB0abjKWMcXBRgVX

 

The sun was setting by the time Jarim finished making the braised spicy chicken. She put it in pretty plates and set one on the counter and one on the table. 

 

“Wow, that smells amazing “. Byunghoon complimented. 

“Yah, I….think I have to go to the washroom “. Kyungwoo said as he stood up from the floor. 

“Oh, I also have to go and wash my hands before eating “. Jooyoung excused himself as he stood up.

“Oh, right, my mom told me to call her. I totally forgot “. Minji said as she stood up too. “These traitors seriously….”. Kyungmi glared at them while holding her chopsticks. From a close view, the chicken didn’t look that bad. She grabbed a piece of chicken with her chopsticks and took a bite of it. She almost coughed, wanting to take it out from when Byunghoon commented. 

“Wow, the soup tastes great too. It makes me want to eat a ton! “. Byunghoon complimented. “Seriously? You call this delicious? “. She wondered but she saw how his lips were twitching and she knew he was faking it. 

“The meat is super fleshy too. Wang Jarim sure can cook! “. Kyungmin added. 

“Yeah, the taste is on point “. Kyungmi said as she glanced at Jarim with a smile. “Approved “. Kyungmi gave her thumbs up. “I’m sorry, Jarim. But this is not edible food “. 

“It’s really delicious “. Sanghoon even complimented her. Then Kyungmi saw Ahram on the stove and immediately went after her. 

“What are you doing? “. Kyungmi as she tried to swallow the chicken in . 

“Trying to save this “. Ahram said as she began adding other ingredients to the braised spicy chicken. 

“Please, let me have some with you, I feel like dying “. Kyungmi softly whined as she grabbed Ahram’s arm. “I will invite you to the convenience store later “. 

“Call “. Ahram agreed. Kyungmi turned around when she heard Kyungwoo coughing and saw the expressions of the boys. “As expected, it tastes awful “. 

“I think it really turned out well this time “. Jarim expressed with a smile as she stared at the boys. 

“Yeah, totally “. The boys agreed with nods. Kyungmi suppressed her laugh as she covered her lips with the back of her fingers.

“So tasty “. Kyungwoo laughed. “We have to clear everything “. He said as he grabbed a piece of the chicken with his chopsticks and put it in front of Jooyoung. “Gong Joo, open up “. Jooyoung laughed as he opened his mouth while Kyungwoo fed him. 

“You should eat some too “. Jooyoung took his spoon, took some of it too, and put it in front of Kyungwoo. Kyungwoo opened his mouth and received it before coughing and laughing. “Pitiful fools….I think I should make ramen for dinner later…”. She sighed at the sight. 

 

In the end, Ahram couldn’t accompany Kyungmi to the convenience store as she remembered that she had to go to the gym to train. As everyone was leaving Jooyoung's house, Ahram ran first as she had to go to the gym. 

 

“I’m going first because I’m late for gym training “. Ahram exclaimed. 

“Have a safe trip there! “. Everyone told her. 

“We’re leaving too “. Byunghoon announced on behalf of Kyungmin and him. “Kyungwoo-ah, go over what you learned today before sleeping “. Byunghoon said while looking behind Kyungwoo. 

“Yah, the fate of our whole class depends on your brain “. Kyungmin told him. “Adios “. 

“Go, leave “. Kyungwoo said while waving his hand as the duo left. 

“I’m leaving too “. Minji announced. “Sanghoon, you’re good at teaching. Thanks for today “. Sanghoon shyly smiled as he rubbed his neck. 

“No problem. I also got to study thanks to you, so it was good “. 

“Sanghoon, you should take her home “. Kyungwoo suggested, causing Minji to frown a little at his comment. 

“Should I take you home? “. Sanghoon asked with hesitation. 

“Then shall we go to the station together? “. Minji suggested with awkwardness and Sanghoon nodded in agreement. “Let’s go “. She said as she and Sanghoon left. 

“Should we go too? “. Jooyoung said with a cute tone as he grabbed Jarim’s hand.

“I’m going to the internet cafe “. Kyungwoo announced. 

“What about studying? “. Jarim asked. 

“I can’t. My brain is overloaded, it’ll explode “. 

“True. You did all your life’s worth of studying “. Jooyoung added. 

“Don’t worry, we won’t play that long “. Kyungmi said to Jarim. 

“You are going too? “. Jarim arched an eyebrow. 

“Let’s say it’s a way to release some stress before midterms? “. Kyungmi nodded. “Don’t worry, we will play for an hour before heading home. I will remind him to study “. 

“Okay then “. Jarim nodded in agreement. 

“Then we are leaving first “. Kyungmi as she waved at the couple before walking away slowly. 

“By the way, don’t wait for me to go to school tomorrow. Just go ahead first “. Kyungwoo told them. 

“Why? We should go together “. Jooyoung wondered. 

“Are you planning to go with Yeseul? “. Jarim tried to guess. 

“Sure. I’m leaving now “. Kyungwoo said as he turned around to leave and began walking along with Kyungmi. 

“See you “. The couple said before heading to Jarim’s place. 

“So, what should we play? “. Kyungwoo asked as they made their way to the internet cafe. 

“You go and play. I’m going to the convenience store “. Kyungmi said with an expression of tiredness on her face. 

“Eh? I thought you said you wanted to play “. 

“Yah, you idiot. That was my excuse “. Kyungmi retorted while looking at him. “Since Jarim was there, I couldn’t say I will go to the convenience store because I was starving for not eating her braised spicy chicken “. She explained. “Plus, I’m planning not to play before the midterms, or I will be stuck in the computer for hours “.

“Now that you are saying it, I’m kind of hungry too “. He said while rubbing his tummy. “Should we make a bet? The loser buys the food “. 

“Forget it, I will pay for it “. Kyungmi sighed as they entered the convenience store. 

“Huh? Why? We always make bets for everything “. 

“It’s because most of the time, I win “. Kyungmi said while looking for her cup of ramen of the day. 

“Yah, so what if I lose? That’s the honor of bets! “. He said as he grabbed her arm and shook it. “Come on, let’s make a bet “. She sighed as she looked at him. 

“And what will the bet be? “. She asked him. Kyungwoo smirked at her before telling her. 

“The one who gets to finish a soda and whistle, in the end, pays for the ramen “.

“Aigoo~ you are so childish “. Kyungmi exhaled as she shook her head but gave in. “Alright “. She said as she grabbed two cans of cola and set them on the counter before paying for them. In the end, it was Kyungwoo who won the bet, so Kyungmi had to pay for their ramen, much to her dismay. 

“I will eat well “. Kyungwoo thanked her with a smirk of satisfaction as he began digging in. 

“Oh….”. She chuckled distractedly as she slurped the noodles in . Kyungwoo noticed how quieter she was than usual and decided to ask her. 

“Yah, are you okay? “. 

“Hmm? “. She looked up as she chewed the food in . “Yeah, why? “. 

“You are unusually quiet….”. He pointed out. “Are you worried about something? Perhaps, Kim Hyukjae? “. 

“No, it’s not about him “. She denied as she swallowed. 

“Then? “. He lifted his eyebrows. Kyungmi looked at him with hesitation before responding. 

“I just felt bad toward Yeseul today “. 

“Yeseul? “. He frowned in confusion. “What about it? “. 

“I noticed it during recess when she came to us. I saw her expression when you ruffled my hair out of habit, how you were playing games in front of her, and how we were excluding her from our talks….”. 

“So….you are saying that you feel sorry toward her because of what happened today? “. 

“Yeah….”. She nodded in confirmation as she rubbed her arm. “I don’t want her to get the wrong idea that she isn’t wanted and she can feel lonely because of that “. 

“Yah, Yeseul isn’t like that “. He assured her. 

“You don’t know women's feelings “. She added. “So….that’s why I wanted to tell you to be more ‘attentive’ toward her, like give her much attention, don’t play lots of games when she’s around you, and try to let her interact more with us or with the guys “. Kyungwoo sighed in tiredness at the requests. 

“....alright. I will do my best. Under one condition “. She tilted her head to the side when she heard the word ‘condition’. 

“Which is? “. She blinked with curiosity. 

He leaned forward while resting his crossed arms on the table. 

“Promise me that you won’t distance yourself from me just because I’m dating Yeseul “. He said. 

“That- “. 

“I don’t want to lose our friendship because of my relationship “. He replied, cutting her off. “Promise me that, and I will try my best to be a better boyfriend for Yeseul “. Kyungmi sighed as she looked away. She just wished to keep her distance from Kyungwoo so Yeseul doesn’t get the wrong idea, but she couldn’t reject Kyungwoo’s plead when he was asking it nicely. “Please? “. 

“Okay…..”. She finally responded after a long silence of thinking. Kyungwoo softly smiled in relief as she also mimicked his gestures, before they continued eating their dinner. What they didn’t know was that someone was taking pictures of them without their consent and left the scene.