A cold day

Lo siento

Joohyun wake up feeling cold, feeling a little relieved by the fact that she didn't need to wake up early. She had just finished the busy schedule of her group Red Velvet's comeback, Peek a Boo. It was a cold day in December. She the radiator in her room as she headed to the bathroom in their dorm.

It was 9 o'clock. Everyone else were still asleep. She knew she had to rest with her favorite hot chocolate before contacting that one person who was on her mind and had probably been waiting this whole time for her to call. She went into the kitchen only to find a mess in their dorm, she was unbothered and put the kettle on. It was a cold day, yet it felt soothing because it was once in a while that she had a whole day to herself. 

She took out her phone from her pocket to text her mum. She always tried to contact her whenever she had time to do so. Just then, a message popped up. It was from that person, the person whom she couldn't get out of her head. She opened the message. 

"Morning Joohyun-ah. Are u up?"

"Hi Hyukjae oppa, yes I'm up"

"Good, coz I'm heading to your dorm now" 

"What?! Why??" Joohyun was confused. 

"Only to see you" Joohyun blushed without intending to do so. 

She didn't know what to reply. 

"Joohyun-ah?? Are you okay? Can I come?"

"Yes, of course. It's just that not many people come to our dorm..."

"It's okay, I won't stay. Instead I will take you with me."

Joohyun was surprised. Yet happy at the same time. 

Was this a date?? If so, what was she going to wear? Just then, the kettle was making a sound, telling to pour the water in the cup to make hot chocolate. From what she remembered, it only took half an hour drive from his home to her dorm. She had to change first. 

Suddenly, the bell rang. Joohyun was surprised and panicked when she saw Hyukjae staring at the intercom. She unlocked the entrance of the apartment, didn't know what to do because it was only 4 floors away from where he was. She looked in the mirror, her face was a little swollen. She couldn't do anything, instead, she brushed her hair with her hands a little. This was all she could in this short period of time though she had made a promise to meet him in the best condition the last time they met. 

Then the door bell rang. It was Hyukjae, she was waiting to see him for a long time. She had never felt this way. She was so shy as she didn't have any make up on, and was still in her white pajamas. He was wearing all black, stylish as usual. 

"Hi Joohyun-ah, sorry I was a little early, there wasn't any traffic..."

As Hyukjae stared at Joohyun, she couldn't help but hide her face in the sleeve of her fluffy pajamas. 

"You don't have make up on?"

"No... I don't..." 

"Why are you hiding your face? You look so cute" 

Joohyun blushed. She didn't know what to do. 

"Can I come in for a sec?" 

"Yeah, sure" Joohyun replied. 

As they head towards the living room, they heard a sound from the bathroom. Someone must have woken up. 

What was she going to do? There was a rule not to invite people without asking the member's permissions.

The bathroom door opened. It was Yeri. 

"Hyukjae oppa?? What are you doing here??"

"Oh sorry, I just came to pick Joohyun up."

Yeri stared at Joohyun. "Unnie, why are you in your pajamas?"

"Oh.. umm I didn't have time to change because he came so early."

"You guys are so suspicious. Where are you guys going?"

"To the Han River." Hyukjae replied immediately. Joohyun was surprised, she had no idea about it. 

"Okay, I'll let you guys go, but unnie, don't break rules. Have fun on your date!"

"Sorry, and it's not a date!!" Joohyun replied, embarrassed. Hyukjae just laughed. 

Yeri turned around to go back to her room. They made their entrance to their living room. 

"Can you wait a little here? So I could go and change?" Joohyun asked.

"Yeah sure."

Joohyun entered her room. She had no idea what she was going to wear. Should I wear black or white? Dress or jeans? Which jacket?After giving some thoughts, she decided to wear a white dress which was her favorite and a long black jacket. She kept her make up as light as she could, as she didn't want him to see a big change before and after. She made her way towards the living room, holding her Chanel shoulder bag. 

"Wow, you look... You look stunning." 

"Thank you... Is it okay?" 

"More than okay. You look amazing." Joohyun didn't know how to reply. 

"Are you ready?" He asked. 

"Yeah" She answered trying not to show her nervousness. 

"Then let's go"