Chapter 3

Too Good To Be True

Momo's POV

The next day, I woke up and got ready as normal. Noticing I would be early, I set out in hopes of meeting my friends before class. I reached the school gates, and saw Jihyo and some of the other girls standing around in a little circle.

"Hey guys, how's it going" I said smiling as I walked up to them.

"Oh my god what happened to your face?" Jihyo asked loudly and fully of fury.

"Calm down Jihyo I just fell over after school" I said that, not thinking about why I lied about it and tried to carry the conversation on as normal with the other girls.

"Hmph" She scowled at me giving me a look that told me 'I'll talk to you later'

*Gulp*

-Bell rings-

"Come on lets get to class." She gave me one last look before turning around and walking towards the school building.

I followed behind, head down as to not attract attention from my fellow school mates. afraid if they saw the commotion the day before.

'Ugh none of my friend are in this class with me' Sighing, I walked in and glanced around to make sure the professor wasn't here and took a seat near the back of the class on my own.

A few minutes later, the door to the classroom opened, peaking my curiosity. I looked up and met eyes with an ethereal beauty, Kim Dahyun.

'What are you thinking pabo stop' I looked down at my desk and hit my head several times in frustration.

"Hey why are you hitting yourself stop that" Someone voiced out, clearly concerned

"I deserve it" I mumbled completely oblivious to the fact it was Dahyun who was talking to me.

"No you dont" The girl reached over and took my hands away from my head and clasped them with hers. I looked up and immediately realised it was Dahyun. I looked away again blushing and in full panic, realising I had nearly exposed my thoughts to the girl I was thinking about.

"Look at me" She demanded in a light tone.

I slowly looked up at her regretting it a moment later when I realised our faces were mere inches apart.

"Your not stupid Momo dont ever think that. I may not know you that we'll but you are the most wonderful girl I have ever met and I think you deserve the world." She whispered to me, gazing into my eyes and never breaking contact.

I was completely stunned by the latter's words unaware of the tears starting to run down my cheek.

"- uh wait hey it's okay, please dont cry"

"Oh haha I didn't even realise. Uhm I should go now." I murmured, trying to wipe my tears away without success.

"Wait-"

I didn't even let her finish her sentence before running out of the room and away from the awkward situation.

'Goddamit you can't be anymore stupid can you Momo?!' I screamed at myself in my head once I'd gotten to the bathrooms. I crouched against the corner of the bathroom wall and started violently sobbing.

Was I sure why I was crying? Not really but maybe it's because I'm having these... weird feelings for Dahyun, I mean I dont know what I'm feeling but I dont think its normal. Is there something wrong with me? Do I need to go to the hospital? Am I going to die? Oh my god I'm going to die aren't I?

I almost chuckled at myself for thinking all of this but then realised what it could mean.

"No no stop it Momo you dont have feelings for her, that's impossible right? I mean you clearly dont like her shes just like... really pretty and way to perfect for you-"

"" I screamed out still sobbing and shaking on the cold, dirty floor.

To say I didn't want to have feelings for this girl was an understatement. She was way too perfect to even become friends with someone like me right? And I knew it would only land me in trouble considering my friends seem to greatly despise her.

"What am I supposed to do now?" I coughed out, hugging myself.

I vowed to myself back at the start of high school that I'd stay single so I could focus on getting good grades and stay out of drama but I guess some things just dont work out as they should.

"Why just why..." I started hitting myself in the head again trying to get the overwhelming thought to stop.

But right then, a pair of warm arms grabbed my hands in the same way as before, and wrapped them around their waist before embracing me in the most caring and soft way you could imagine. They never said a word but I could almost hear the sincerity of their embrace in their breathing.

After a minute of two, I stopped shaking and my breathing slowed. I felt safe in these arms and didn't even have to look up to see who it was.

Kim Dahyun