Chapter 2

Too Good To Be True

Momo's POV

I still felt the butterflies roaming around in my stomach but ignoring it, I walked to class.

I arrived and opened the door, looking at the teacher.

"Miss Hirai, your 25 minutes late"

"Mianhae miss I was in the bathroom" I said bowing apologetically.

I walked towards my seat and sat down.

"Ppst, Momo why are you so late?" Sana 'quietly' whispered from the seat beside me.

"I was in the bathroom, anyways hush let me write what's on the board."

"Here you can copy me." She handed me her notepad so I could copy. I noticed she had scruffy handwriting like mine which made me wonder where she was from.

"Sana where are you from?" I wondered.

"I was born in Osaka, Japan but I moved here."

"Wait really?? I'm Japanese too!" I mentioned feeling extatic about it.

"Omg there's 3 Japanese in our group now!" She squeaked.

"Wait who else is from Japan?" I wondered.

"Mina was Born im America but then spent her childhood in Japan and moved here about the same time I did."

"Woah that's cool."

I turned back towards my desk and finished copying out the work Sana had written on her notepad. I sat with a hand on my head, my mind travelling to another universe. Suddenly I remembered the previous events that happened with Dahyun in the corridor.

I turned and looked to where she was supposed to sit and noticed that that chair was empty.

'Where is she?' I thought to myself, looking and seeing her friends who were sitting beside the empty seat Dahyun was supposed to be occupying.

I turned and faced the teacher, silently shrugging and shaking off the thoughts of her from my mind.

-TIME SKIP, After school-

I walked out of the school, hoping to find some of my friends. Only to spot Dahyun's group, harassing some other student.

Feeling annoyed, I walked over to them. "Hey! what the hell are you doing?" I shouted at them.

"Oh look what we have here, the new girl." One of the girls said looking at me and then the group, smirking. "How about we have some fun" She said again.

"Lucy It's not worth it, lets go." Another girl told her from behind.

" off, I can do what I want." This girl, known as Lucy walked up to me.

I backed up in slight fear until I felt my back press up against a wall. 'Crap' I thought.

"Looks like there is nowhere to run little girl" She smirked again, twirling a strand of my loose hair around her finger.

At this point I could feel her breath against my face from how close she was. Then, she took a step back and out of nowhere, she punched me in the face.

I fell down the hall, holding my face in pain. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I stuttered, still in shock.

"This will teach you to never mess with me or my squad ever again." Lucy pulled her arm back intending to throw another punch.

"LUCY WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?" A scream came from a furious looking girl that was walking up to the group.

It was Dahyun.

"Oh hey babe, I'm just teaching this girl a lesson for messing with me" She evilly smiled at Dahyun.

" off Lucy we are not dating" She spat in anger at the latter.

Dahyun walked up to me, crouched down to my level and asked. "Hey Momo are you okay?"

I nodded, unable to say anything.

"Okay, let me take you to the nurse so we can get your face sorted out." She explained softly, completely ignoring the looks the rest of her squad was giving her.

Dahyun's POV

I picked the poor girl off of the floor and rushed towards the nurse's office.

"Oh my what happened here?" A young-looking lady walked up to us with a worried look in her eyes. "Set her down here" She moved towards a hospital-like bed, setting her eyes on it to let me know where I should set the girl in my arms down.

I carefully set her down and let the nurse inspect her injury's.

"Okay she will most likely have a black eye for a while but it's nothing to serious." She explained to me. "Here let me put a cover on it"

She got out a small gauze and used tape to stick it over her injured eye.

"I'm just going to get you some water Momo, dont do anywhere" I commanded

About 15 minutes later, I came back and gave her some water to drink.

"Thanks"

"Anytime" I smiled, making eye contact with her, getting lost in her mesmerising eyes.

We just stared at each other for a few moments before the nurse let out a little cough.

I looked away embarrassed and blushing furiously.

"Aww young love, how cute" The nurse commented before opening the door to let them out.

None of us said anything before leaving the room.

"Uh so I'll see you around at school then?" I said secretly hoping she would agree.

"Yeah um I'll see you around"

I watched as she walked off, completely oblivious to the intense pounding of my heart.

"What is happening to me..."