Q is for Quizzes that catch her off guard, a.k.a. pop quizzes, a.k.a. students’ biggest enemy (she’s fallen victim to it one too many times)

Let Me Sing for You a Song that We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Life is full of surprises, Joohyun knows that, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try to prepare for most of its swings. Joohyun studied hard when she was still in school (her occasionally questionable conduct aside)—when the time came, it was beneficial to her, because her employer had some trust in the quantitative markers of her diligence (not that Joohyun herself believes numbers are an accurate indicator of success). But Seulgi tends to get a little, just a little, lax at times, and Joohyun worries for her preparedness when roadblocks appear, because you’ve got to have some predetermined sense of direction to find other routes.

            Unless said roadblocks are pop quizzes. Those really pop out of nowhere and catch you off guard.

            “Seulgi!”

            Joohyun leans slightly out of her window to greet Seulgi but bumps her head in surprise at Sooyoung’s sudden appearance. The taller girl bows slightly to Joohyun before attempting to catch Seulgi’s attention again, except Seulgi seems to not want to talk to Sooyoung for some odd reason. Joohyun gives Seulgi’s friend a slight wave after rubbing her head, too worried about the concerned look on her girlfriend’s face to tend to it.

            “Seulgi!” Sooyoung grabs Seulgi’s arm, panting slightly, and turns Seulgi around. “Are you deaf?”

            “You’re just going to ask me about the answers,” Seulgi says flatly, quickly glancing at Joohyun before looking at her friend again. “I’ll text you later, I promise.”

            “You better!” Sooyoung warns. “Or I’ll send Seungwan and Yerim to beat your .”

            “Hey,” Joohyun says jokingly. “Hands off my girlfriend. Only her parents and I are allowed to beat her .”

            Seulgi pouts a bit at that but holds the hand Joohyun stretches out of the window in a protective gesture. “Plus, Seungwan’s most violent trait is beating eggs for her baked goods and I could drop kick Yerim because she’s so small.”

            “I see you don’t deny that Joohyun unnie is allowed to beat your . Absolutely whipped,” Sooyoung retorts smugly, crossing her arms. “And I’ll have you know that while Wannie, yes I’ll admit it, might be useless when it comes to kicking asses other than mine and Yerim’s, my cousin has actually won Joohyun unnie in an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter