Chapter 3, Arc I "Dream Array, If Only"

Undying Snow (Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The wooden sliding door opened and came the same young maidservant who takes care of her everyday necessities these past few days. She was from the border and was given to her by her doting overacting father who fussed over every small thing that concerns her. He also placed her in a simple but beautiful courtyard house, cause he was living in a tent previously, in fear of her 'sensitive skin' not being accustomed to the harsh winds and all those nonsense stuff that he could say about the all snowing border, that Dara can make sure, if compiled, it'll be a major Diss track that will rake sales.

 

I said it in sarcasm, by the way.

 

The feeling was foreign because she didn't experience those. 

 

She was an orphan after all, not having any mother and father ever since she can remember. 

 

She brush those thoughts off.

 

Well, at least I have a capable father now.

 

That thought brought a fluffy feeling...

 

Dara didn't know what that Doctor said to her father for the mighty, fearsome and ferocious General in the battle to act like he has a glass of a daughter that's easy to break.

 

Well maybe the former Sujin is, but not this great ancestor hmph!

 

But regardless, she plans to treat that physician well. Now, Sujin has a strong backer of a father ho ho ho. I can just pretend to be a white Lotus, wipe some nonexistent tears and then the General will do the rest. She can then make mischief to the people from the General's residence! HA! Just y'all wait! When this ancestor comes back, I'll wreck y'all's peaceful life! Y'all dare to conspire against this ancestor? Wait 'till I get my hands on you all! Heads will roll!

 

She laughed like an evil witch in her head.

 

Upon seeing her young miss looking like a crazed maniac, holding a jade cup again ready to crushed it, she immediately saved the poor poor jade cup and chuckled nervously as she placed the porridge and some side dishes on her desk "Ayya! Young miss, it's time to eat"

 

Dara sighed again upon seeing those bland stuff "This again?"

 

"But you need to eat this in order to nourish your health, Young Miss" the young maidservant said in distress peering her eyelashes to her.

 

The physician had worried about the Young Miss' fragile health and her unstable temperament because of what transpired to that snowy mountain that the Young Miss refuse to tell.

 

She heard her Young Miss' heavy sigh and waited for a calamity as she close her eyes, but seconds and minutes pass by and no harmful things occurred. She opened her eyes and the Young Miss is nowhere to be seen.

 

Then and there, the young maidservant slowly realized that the Young Miss had tricked her. She was dumbfounded before her eyes widen at the realization "Young Miss!"

 

--

 

“What the hell?” Dara cursed while she was running away. Looking at the odd structures everywhere.

 

She now realized something odd about this place. 

 

She was right all along while she was lying on that damned snow! This is indeed a charade! A beautiful hallucination! 

 

Or more specifically a Dream Array! She visibly paled.

 

There's two types of array formation; the trap array and the tactical battle array or collaborative form and or combination attack and that. And this Dream Array or the original name of it being the Dream Illusion/Hallucination Array falls to the the first category, a trap array and if she can’t find its eye to destroy it, then she’ll or her soul will be trapped here forever. It's an array wherein the castor needed to use some high grade stuff, some life force or spiritual qi being the base of it to cast it, like a shield enclosing the prey or trap their prey into some sort of hallucination.

 

Used to attack people who's physically strong but mentally weak.

 

Just her luck! Her vigilance was weak because of her injured soul! Just great...Ugh! Like a domino effect, with her injured soul, her powers were just so and so.

 

"Goddamn it" she uttered in frustration, gritting her teeth.

 

Such a realistic and exquisitely made one! Damn, she'll have a hard time cracking this stuff. 

 

She groan in annoyance.

 

She's been in a foul mood because of her luck this month, okay? First those pursuers who want her dead and then Empress Sujin's unsorted resentment her soul to god knows where and now she fell into a dream illusion array wherein her soul was used as a collateral damage or a duplicate or some form of a replacement to the original Sujin, trapping her soul here! She's had enough of being trapped into a world, okay?! 

 

Bruh, she wanna cry bloody murder but what can she do? Her soul is injured! And she can't even contact her spiritual weapon; that damned scythe!

 

“Who’d be so crazily in love with Empress Sujin? To sacrifice such a huge amount of resources of spiritual qi or Life force just so he or she can be with her even if it's just an illusion?” She said in amazement as her hand languidly touch every exquisite particle of the array a.k.a the walls, the doors, the pot of Plum Blossom flowers and the rest from the biggest to the smallest things.

 

She discovered, while running away, that this Dream Array is nothing like the rest, It's surprisingly a harmless one. So, she concluded that the castor shared a deep longing or attachment to the Empress that's why this Dream Array was casted.

 

She was in a daze as she walks, her left hand running through every little thing it can touch as she tries to remember about Empress Sujin’s life biography.

 

Who's so in love with her highness to sacrifice that much? That resentful Queen had so much suitors throughout her life it was hard for her to comb through it.

 

Yes, just judging about how this Array was exquisitely made, there's no plausible reasoning to it than being deeply in love with Her Highness. I've watch some memories of those dead people, read some novels and occasionally watch some dramas to know that, okay?

 

To develop this difficult to crack dream array, a.k.a this dream-like hallucination to be with her to the point where the scope is too large and expansive, where everything is close to perfection? Where the tiniest detail is carved and made perfectly? As if the castor of this dream array has casted it so many times that everything is just beyond perfect, to the point that she's having a hard time cracking it open to escape? It's not that hard to escape a dream array, you know.

 

But maybe the castor perfected their craft and...well, her soul is damned injured and weak! UGH! That thought annoyed and frustrate her more.

 

Is it the Emperor?

 

But that almighty Emperor that the people from the present times adored because of his endearing ways of capturing the little Sujin's heart, is not what he actually seems though. Thankfully she was not deceived for too long for she had some connections and was able to read the unedited version of Empress Sujin's biography and came to know that the adored Emperor is a cheating bastard, who had an ambiguous stuff going on with Empress Sujin's little sister later on. And their stuff only started when the damned Emperor is still a prince and was already pursuing Sujin.

 

Can't have the heart of the genuine goods, so he settled for the half-baked one? Truly a douchebag. 

 

Hah! To think that Empress Sujin was too pure hearted and thoroughly blind and gave her heart and everything to that prick ever since she laid eyes on him, thinking that he was the one who saved her from that pile of snow, a.k.a the predicament that she just went trough a couple of days ago, wherein it was revealed later on that it was a famed Vice General, dubbed as the Devil Asura incarnate from another country!

 

And because it's not good to hear a news like a Vice General from another country visiting or interacting with a General from another country, The news was suppressed because if it spread, then the enemies will use it to their advantage, to in

Please log in to read the full chapter