Chapter 1, Arc I "A Legal Killer"

Undying Snow (Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

She  her fingers clean when a can hit her head "Ouch! What the ?! Who is it?!" She yelled in anger and irritation combined when she turned around to look at the rude bastard behind her. 

 

The 'messenger' just rolled his damned eyes "It's just me, the beautiful goddess of a messenger of the first heaven" the newcomer declared.

 

It's not the Heaven that you're thinking, it's just a little shipping company that has, now and then, contacts to the supernatural stuff and do the shipping here and there. She came in contact with the likes of them after the woke up from a deep sleep within a cave, and then she started working at this godforsaken company because apparently, she's currently in a twenty-first century, and they don't use gold, silver and copper coins as currency but those paper money. So, during the day she needed to be a lowkey person who has a 'third eye' who works for this Shipping Company, and at night she needed to do her Reaper duties. Because apparently, she became a Reaper after her heroic suicide on the battlefield that, apparently, happened eons ago. 

 

Dara frowned when she saw the 'male' messenger of those white birdies—I mean Angels, that's what they call themselves, who claims to be a 'she' "Bro, horse-looking beings can't enter heaven" she ridiculed.

 

His jaw dropped as he wave a feathered fan of a high quality to himself, widening his eyes as if to warn her to 'cooperate or I will fry your ' "And you?! Look at how you eat like a pig! Pig-looking beings can't enter heaven too!" he hmph-ed.

 

"I'm not planning to go anyway," Dara said, rolled her eyes and cross her arms "I should've run away had I known you'll come" she said in sarcasm, tucking her chicken wings away.

 

Yes, she's eating a take out of a place that sells chicken wings not far away. Those damn thugs woke her up and that take out is the only open at wee hours. 

 

Imagine seeing a person, wearing cute pyjamas barefooted coming to your chicken take out restaurant who looks sleepy, that is her.

 

And no, she doesn't eat human flesh, that's disgusting as hell you know?

 

 

Only demons do those stuff, ew.

 

 

These slaves of the white swans are such a nuisance every damn time. 

 

 

"Anyway! As i'm here, there's something for you from the highest executive up there" He said and handed a scroll. 

 

Dara just squinted her eyes at it before she took it and read the small paragraph written with gold ink on the expensive-looking scroll. 

 

"What the actual fck" she cursed at what she had read "I just knew it. There's always bad news whenever a representative of the white swans are around the corner" she face palmed and exhaled a huge amount of air. 

 

She didn't know that for how many damn long years she'll receive a mission, specifically herself from those white birds. 

 

Missions like this are for those high ranking ones! Okay?

 

What expired medicine did they take though? For having the audacity to give this mission to a low ranking one like herself? Are they tired of living? 

 

 

The mission? She needed to something of high quality whatever the hell it is from those white swans and because it needed to cross supernatural's territory, then a representative that can 'see' and 'talk' to those supernatural beings are needed, and that's exactly her. As if this job is tailor-made at her own disposal. She needed to be there to the 'thing' for an extra authenticity to let the 'person' who owns that territory that they're just really there to cross the territory, not to do any funky business. 

 

She tossed the scroll somewhere and The messenger struggled to catch it and bring it to the safety of his arms "You disrespectful being!," He gasp "This was embossed in gold just for your ingrate soul!" He chided.

 

 

She rolled her eyes "Embossed in gold but I can't even sell it" she said in nonchalance while yawning and The messenger's eyes widen in shock at her impudence and tightly hug the scroll. 

 

 

"You!" 

 

 

"Just why the hell should it be me though? The fck?" She grumbled, biting her chicken wing "There's a lot of high ranking 'Angels' out there! Lazing their off! And besides this is the very first time I took a vacation leave, it's not even an hour yet and an eyesore is already appearing before my eyes.So, go and ask someone else" she said stretching and lazily leaning on a tree. 

 

 

The messenger cringed at the string of curses and insults that followed that, and we won't be writing it because it was too graphic and might blind the readers "But you're the only available one!" he argued "All of the other high ranking Angels are either still on a mission and or dispatched somewhere around the country" 

 

 

"Yeah, I don't give a fck" She said waving her hand as if she's swatting a fly to fck off "Go ask for someone else" she said, closing her eyes. 

 

 

"You choosy little...Fallen!," he whispered the last word "Did you know it's your chance to make a huge profit?" He said, looking distress at his former fellow messenger "If you the thing properly then you might have a chance to comeback into your former glorious position up there!" he added in a whisper. 

 

Dara narrowed her eyes. 

 

Just what the hell is on that thing that needed a mere demoted Angel like her to it?

 

She can comeback again if she accomplish this mission.

 

There's just something wrong with the wording, but she let it slide. She's too focused on 'coming back' she failed to recognize the wrong.

 

If she it perfectly, then she'll have a chance to comeback into being a messenger of the heavens who has access to some of the store rooms. She can, then, look at those stuffs and see if they can help her get out of this hell hole of a world! A means to comeback into where she came from!

 

She stared at him long and hard as an indescribable emotion fleeted into her eyes and disappeared quickly before he catches it.

 

Her lips quirk up "I'll accept it if you agree to warm my bed" she said, amusement dances on her pair of beautiful eyes.

 

The messenger literally wanted to break her neck and vomit three litters of blood "You dare try to add me to your collection?," He asked incredulously "To think that I'm almost...Ugh! Can you be serious?!" he said, pinching the bridge of his nose for the impending headache for this troublemaker  "My brain cells are dying just talking to you. Just why the hell did it have to be me delivering this? Life's like a d*ck when it's aroused, its hard" he lamented at his life.

 

He's already used to her philandering dirty little mouth, wanting a harem of 3000. But he can't believe she'll want to stick her little claws even on a 'she' like himself!

 

 

He crossed his arms "You know what? You're already blessed with that heaven defying Angel face. The only problem is that mouth of yours" He said rolling his eyes at her nonchalance.

 

"I learned from the best though" She said cheekily while winking at him playfully.

 

 

"Just contact me if you change your mind" He said and left. 

 


Her eyes, from amusement, became somber all of a sudden as she snapped back to the reality that she's currently experiencing right now. She was too hasty, failing to recognize that her identity has been thoroughly seen.

 

 

Her glowing steel gray eyes dimmed from the memory.

 

It was raining hard and thunders frequent the sky.

 

Adrenaline is the only thing still driving her body to keep going. 

 

She lost too much blood from earlier.

 

Her breathes were quick and shallow as her sharp eyes look at her back from possible pursuers; from those ers who kept on pursuing her re;entlessly, wanting to capture her so bad they had schemed for this "mission" for a long time. She can't believe she'll be discovered this quick! She had only made an accidental mistake! It's not like she wanted to open that damned accursed thing that she needed to deliver! She needed to because they encountered robbers! Who would have thought that it was a power stone? That thing only existed eons ago! What shady thing did the Shipping Company got their hands on?! ! She even got herself in troubled waters because of it! Damn it!

 

She look everywhere carefully, she was able to misled those ers for a while and she knows she'll be captured if she doesn't think of a plan to survive. 

 

Her body was bent, gritting her teeth from the pain as she clutch her bloodied arm and cursed softly. Her bloody left arm was trembling as blood were gushing out of

Please log in to read the full chapter