Chapter 2, Arc I "Young Miss Sujin"

Undying Snow (Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter
"Arc I"

 

 

Cold.

 

That was the last thing that crossed her thoughts as her consciousness slowly came back to her, waking her to a semi-conscious state.



She lay there motionless, utterly calm on a supple yet very cold surface. Her long lashes quivered gently, sweeping away the tiny bits of snow that had settled there, falling on to her face. 



Her eyes opened slightly.



Her steel gray eyes, glowing faintly, caught the sight of the baby blue sky.



Her eyes beheld the scene of gently falling snow, her lips formed a bitter grin "Is this some sort of after images before one dies?" She reached up to grab the snowflakes that were falling, her palm shaking, nearly crimson from frostbite.

 

The wind was softly humming on the deathly quiet surrounding, wanting to lull her to close her eyes to have her eternal sleep already but she refuses to close her eyes just yet.

 

Winter and snow was her favorite season after all.

 

She was both born and abandoned on the winter and snow.

 

Because she was used to the cold, dark, night and everything that the darkness has to offer. She grew fond of it as time goes by because that's the only thing that makes her feel alive. Being a Reaper has taught her a lesson that those warm stuff are easily sniffed out, easy to get rid off, are just but a temporary thing, like a lit candle with fire, one blow and it'll easily die. Like humans' warm bodies, when they die...it turns cold. 

 

Warm stuff is just too temporary that she dislike it's temporariness. It's too boring and not thrilling at all. She like the cold, because it stays cold forever. 

 

She chuckled bitterly.

 

Maybe because she's on her way to death already that her own self is pitying her, making a beautiful charade of hallucination so real she can feel it, minutes before she take her last breath.

 

She sighed softly "So beautiful," Her soft voice uttered "And yet such a pity that I can't enjoy the view anymore" she added, indicating of her imminent death before the cold seeped through her bones, darkness engulfing her once again, taking away her consciousness.

 

She closes her eyes and gave in to the pull of the darkness. 

 

Her hand slowly fell but halfway, there was a warm hand that was able to catch her cold ones. Refusing to see her hand fall, and so a pair of warm hands held her extremely cold ones firmly "You'll get to enjoy it, I promise" 

 

Not knowing that the soul inside that body is no longer the soul it once was.

--

 

She can’t open her eyes no matter how much she forces herself.

 

Her eyelids are too heavy and hot but she felt cold.

 

In her delirious state, Images after images came crashing into her brain, integrating with her memories forcefully, a splitting headache came into her like a tidal wave. It feels like her brain is going to crack, like a stuff toy stuffed to the brim wanting to explode but it can't.

 

She let out a whimper of pain.

 

It’s like a huge wide screen TV in front of her, images kept flashing into her mind like a broken film "What the is going on?" She stared at those images flashing before her as quick as a blink of an eye and surprisingly, it stayed in her mind, carving a space on it and those things swarmed on that crack like they're being swallowed.

 

She can see a sickly child from her younger years to her adolescence.

 

Who the hell owned these memories?

 

From her years as a Reaper, every time she reap souls at the flick of her hand she also look at their memories unlike other Reapers who're polite enough to respect the dead's privacy, she's not polite after all so she forego formalities and just skimmed through it.

 

Ehem.

 

And so after retrieving their soul life force, and the records of their life in a form of a camera film roll, She had a knack of looking through it. Treating like a chickflick on a cinema. Enjoying it if there's interesting dramas about their lives, making fun of it or criticizing it, chastising, scolding and all that like a teenage girl watching her stash of Korean dramas with a giant box of cheese flavored popcorn.

 

Not like any dead would go report her for it for violating their privacy, they're already dead so...

 

She heard faints  and muffled of voices like bees buzzing "So damn ing annoying" she uttered, startling those people and the muffled voice increased the intensity of her headache. 

 

 

She opened her tired eyes and saw an old man, wearing a weird black hat with a long silver of hair holding her wrist.

 

Silence.

 

"Who the are you?" she managed to ask as she firmly yank her hand away from his hold, looking at him like he's some lecher out there taking advantage of some young girls.

 

He understood that stern look, he opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it.

 

Such a sharp tongue, it surprised him. The young miss, despite being a daughter of a General, has never spoke to anyone with a sharp tongue. 

 

Nevertheless, he let out an amiable smile and bowed "Greetings young miss Sujin. I'm a Military Physician from your father, General's, squadron" he answered and observed her more.

 

"A Military physician?" Her perfect

Please log in to read the full chapter