ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴀʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

ᴄᴏʟᴀ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You may listen to this playlist as you read this chapter

 

 

Minjeong woke up to the soothing sound of rain hitting the ground, its rhythm almost too peaceful that she'd like to just lie down and get back to sleep but she forces herself to get up, lazily using her arms to leverage towards the window sill. There, she sees the droplets, sees how the water ripples on the puddles it's created with each drop.

The sight was so relaxing that she almost slept there with her arms on the sill, still in Jimin's oversized pajamas, looking like a 7 year old child.

 

Yoo Jimin

 

Minjeong looked around to search for the said girl and was only met with an empty bed except for her and the unmade sheets she just got up from. Then she hears it, the low humming accompanied by the music coming from outside the room.

 

Could have been one lonely night, just like the others

 

She follows the enchanting sound, sure she had heard Jimin sing a few times and she has familiarized herself with the sound of her voice but hearing it in the morning when she just woke up and the latter has her back facing her as she's fixing breakfast just felt so raw and intimate and she almost wants to freeze time to savor this very moment.

Yeah, you could say that Minjeong is whipped.

 

"...this is what it's like to be lovers" the taller of the two sings, even with her back on her, Minjeong feels move with much effort as she pronounces the word lovers.

And as if feeling the eyes staring at her, the raven haired woman faces Minjeong who has her hands on the wall, peeking, staring at her, looking completely like a child in awe.

"oh you're awake." She said with a gentle smile before she started singing again.

 

you and me need never be lonely again

 

Jimin starts walking towards her and takes her hand, only to lead her to the dining area, carefully raising their intertwined hands as she spins her around before guiding her to the seat as she sings.

 

Spin with me endlessly or at least until the end

 

Hot coffee is poured on the mugs in front of her, then comes the plate of bacon and over medium cooked eggs together with freshly toasted english muffins.

 

Please never fall in love again

 

Jimin plopped on the seat adjacent to her and sipped on the coffee she poured for herself.

Minjeong feasted on the food served for her, the smell of coffee surrounded the dining area. Everything about their morning felt calm and domestic, it was something she'd like to experience every day.

 

"Haven't tasted the muffins, I just saw it on the chalkboard menu outside the bakery… I don't think they ever sold muffins before but they def–"

 

"I'm in love with you."

 

Minjeong unconsciously blurts out. Flustering the woman in front of her was never an intention but the words just happened to slip off of .

She felt heat crawling up her cheeks with embarrassment, they've already said a couple of i love yous to each other before but it was only meant platonically but this was the first time she ever said it after acknowledging what she truly felt for the other woman.

Jimin almost choked on air upon hearing those words but she kept her composure.

Reaching out for the younger one with her index finger, giving her a little chin rub.

 

"I know. You literally barged in here last night to scold me about giving my number to Hyunjin. But you already know that I love you too, right?" Jimin was too comfortable with saying those words that Minjeong would like to clear things up and say she didn't mean it as a friend or as a joke.

Besides, Jimin must've already known that because she confessed to her just last night.

 

Last night

 

"Last night was a bit crazy. You ran all the way here, must've been really exhausting because you literally fell asleep right after you drank milk." Jimin says calmly, tucking her hair behind her ears before returning her attention to breakfast. Minjeong notes how she slices the muffin with the side of her fork before dipping it into the runny yolk on her plate.

 

"I fell asleep right after?"

 

"Yep, slept like a log. You even started snoring not long after resting your head on the pillow."

 

That can't be true

Does that mean that everything that happened last night was just a dream?

Does that mean that there's still a possibility that that Hongkong manga character looking boy still has a chance on Jimin?

Does that mean she never really had the courage to actually confess?

Does that mean that they never really kissed

Does that mean that Yoo Jimin is not and was never really her gir–

 

A lot of things were running in her mind, all at the same time.

 

Minjeong suddenly felt a bit dizzy from the information. She tightens her hold on the fork. Knuckles turning a little paler than usual. There was something she couldn't quite distinguish that was almost barring in , suddenly it was hard to breathe.

She faces Jimin and regrets it instantly, she was now scrolling through her phone with a small smile on her face and Minjeong felt contract.

 

What if it was that guy?

What if she was smiling because of something he sent.

 

Minjeong knows she should do something like focus on her breathing or ask Jimin for help or just simply shout that she wants to be more than friends but suddenly breathing wasn't the only thing that was hard to do, she couldn't move her fingers.

 

She looks at Jimin again and sees the older woman's eyes locked on her screen, still smiling then quickly changing into confusion then worry and before she knows it, Jimin's phone slams on the table, screen up.

She sees the camera app still open, video still recording.

She wasn't smiling because of some guy, she was taking a video of her

She was smiling because of her all along.

 

Minjeong feels warm hands on top of hers. Suddenly, Jimin was no longer seated on the chair in front of her, she was now squatting a bit on her side, her head resting just above Minjeong's. Jimin started rubbing her back with her other hand whispering things like "you're okay" and "just keep breathing" and suddenly she wasn't a 20 year old university student majoring in biochemistry but a six year old child trying to follow Jimin's breathe in breathe out instructions. Honestly, rather than relief that she somehow managed to breathe normally again she felt embarrassed at the thought that she just had a mini panic attack in front of the person she genuinely liked due to the thought of said person liking someone else.

 

"Sorry–" they s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter