Don't Fall for Me

We Could Try
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-2-

-9:30AM-

Jeongyeon found herself waking up from the intense sunlight beaming through the window sill. Damn, her head hurts, and the sun’s rays flaring down her face didn’t help at all. So she stood up, groggily walking over to her bedroom door. 

 

She remembers the night all too well. She remembers Momo waving the bottle of Soju, Sana excitedly pouring half beer half soju on each glasses. She remembers taking one, sipping a few here and there without giving much thought about the repercussions. She remembers being wrong. Looking back, none of them were ever good at handling alcohol.

 

Remind self to stay away from alcohol’ she noted internally, as she took a step out of the room. 

 

Outside was no better. Familiar voices echoed throughout the corridors- laughing, bickering, extremely jovial considering last night’s situation. Jeongyeon only let out a long groan as those unwanted uproar penetrated her ears.

 

“You look like a mess.” 

 

Jeongyeon looked up and found Jihyo’s judging eyes staring back at her. She wanted to return the insult but she was having none of it. Her headache was enough to keep shut and just wave a hand dismissively. 

 

“Alcohol doesn’t do you good, no?”

 

Jeongyeon could only laugh to herself. She could not take the remark seriously, especially from someone who bawled her eyes out the evening before looking for eyeglasses that had been resting on their own head all along. 

 

“Have you found your eyeglass?” she said in jest. 

 

She saw Jihyo opening but said none in return. In a normal situation, Jihyo would have launched herself into multiple comebacks, and it would always end up with them teasing each other. This morning though was different. Probably seeing Jeongyeon’s silver locks in disarray and the taller girl’s grumpy demeanor, might be the reason behind it.

 

“The kids are in the kitchen.” Jihyo gestured, “and you look like you need a good serving of breakfast.”

 

“Thanks.” the other girl muttered appreciatively, following behind their leader. 

 

-10:30AM-

Breakfast did help Jeongyeon recover. She sat at the corner of the kitchen counter, quietly munching through servings of eggs and ramyeon, finding solace from this already loud morning. She did not bother to question her members lively disposition, food was enough distraction for her.

 

“Slow down, Jeongyeon unnie.”

 

“You even got them on your face!” Chaeyoung laughed. 

 

Jeongyeon didn’t look up, instead, continued slurping her ramyeon. She didn’t care to be honest, not when she remembers that these two youngest members had it worse the night before- slumped down on the table, chunks of chips sticking all over their faces and hair. Nope, she didn’t mind at all.

 

“It’s not really a sin to chew your food before you swallow them.” Nayeon voiced out. Jeongyeon wanted to wipe those arrogant smirks off Nayeon’s face but  decided not too. Arguing was not really in her agenda for this morning anyway.  “Oh, you’re not fighting back I see”

 

Although, a little jab at Nayeon wouldn’t be so bad either. Jeongyeon thought as she responded with a grin “That would be child abuse”

 

Everyone in the kitchen burst out laughing. Nayeon never did like the height reference but commended the great comeback with rolled up tissue thrown at Jeongyeon’s direction

 

“Say… I don’t remember changing my clothes last night.” Jeongyeon suddenly asked after the laughter died down.

 

“Oh that, I think your roommate did it for you.” Jihyo responded.

 

“My roommate?” 

 

“Yes, your roommate”

 

“Who did?”

 

Jeongyeon was sure the worst has already been dealt with. The hangover was now manageable. The witty remarks from her members have been taken care of. And a drunk Sana… a drunk Sana was long gone by now. So it only surprised her that when Jihyo voiced out who, she didn’t anticipate the feeling it brought along with it. 

 

“Mina did.”

 

parted a little, eyes widening, a slight tug against her chest. She doesn't really know what that foreign feeling was about and pondered for quite a while yet found herself too distracted when she saw Mina enter the kitchen.

 

Blush finally crept across her cheeks. She wanted to hold her gaze but found herself looking away as soon as those deep brown orbs stared back at her.

 

Jeongyeon surely remembers.

 

-Last Night-

“Go out with me..Mina?”

 

The mood went still. Neither utter any word after, and Jeongyeon swore she could hear the soft hissing the air purifier plugged 12ft away from them makes. She used to like the quiet atmosphere, and enjoyed it as a matter of fact, but this, this was different. This silence was killing her, and suddenly Jeongyeon started regretting what she had said. 

 

She wanted to say something, but nothing was coming into mind. So she opted to take her glass and empty the contents. Alcohol was always the best way to drown yourself from any embarrassing situation. 

 

“You don’t have to-” Jeongyeon tried to speak after finding the courage to but was immediately cut off by the other girl.

 

“I’d love to, Jeongyeon.”

 

Jeongyeon was taken aback by the sweet unwavering response. For a minute, she had already forgotten what they were actually talking about as she found herself gawking, marvelling at the beauty smiling back at her. Her breathing deepened, and somewhere inside Jeongyeon started to feel a bit heavier all the while looking at her dear ‘roommate’. 

 

Ogling at Mina unexpectedly became a rampant thing Jeongyeon did this evening. She wasn’t sure when it happened, but it did and it gradually took over her. Mina was a beauty, she always had been, and Jeongyeon never looked at her in any other way. But now, now it radiates differently, and Jeongyeon can’t help but be gravitated towards her. 

 

She wanted to gaze more but now had difficulty keeping her eyes open. The alcohol was finally settling in. Jeongyeon was sure of it. Because the sober her wouldn’t be so brazen enough to take Mina’s soft hands and intertwine with hers, “Try not to fall for me.”

 

There’s that dulcet laughter of hers again, taking Jeongyeon to a state of contentment. “You’re drunk, Jeong.”

 

“I-...’ struggling to say something back.

 

“Let’s get you to your room” Mina stood up, pulling Jeongyeon next to her, arm wrapping around the drunk girl’s waist

 

“You smell nice.” face nuzzling onto Mina’s neck

 

“And you’re too forward when you’re drunk.”

 

“You do.” lips lightly touching the petite girl’s skin, earning a giggle in return “I like it. You have a lot of things I like.”

 

“Oh, is that so?” Mina replied with interest, placing Jeongyeon gently down the bed.

 

“Yeah.” 

 

Mina turned her back and walked over to the bags piled up at the other end of the room. “I like a lot of things about you too.”

 

There wasn’t any reply after, as all Mina coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter