Go out with me

We Could Try
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-1-

It was late at night when they all gathered in a house the company had booked for them. It was a small gathering, a well-deserved vacation to be precise, to celebrate the success of their concert. Nayeon’s voice echoed throughout the night, singing praises at their success, making sure to insert compliments to herself from time to time. Jihyo fought the urge to ram her hand against the older girl’s head, and settled with a forced clap in agreement instead. Nayeon did earn them anyway.

 

“Yes!” a familiar voice exclaimed. Momo came out of the kitchen, happily waving a bottle. ”Soju everyone. Let’s toast!”

 

It was supposed to be one toast, but Sana wanted to make it a little more fun and decided to try the half soju-half beer combo she kept hearing on some shows. Nobody protested. Everyone was at the right age to have some anyway. And Jeongyeon… Jeongyeon thought it would be a great way to shut everyone up- mostly everyone. 

 

But the half & half combo never did. Everything went twice as bad as it initially was.

 

The music blasted through the roof. Dahyun found enjoyment in raising the volume up as she danced to the songs, rocking her body back and forth, popping arms to the beat, then eventually laying down the carpet flooring fast asleep.

 

On the other corner of the room, Jihyo was crying, voicing incoherent words Jeongyeon could only assume were complaints about someone taking her eyeglasses. No one did. She had been wearing it on her head for the last hour. Nayeon made a loud ruckus about it though while keeping a challenging stance. The incessant sobbing and threatening voice eventually died down and were replaced by the two girls’ laughter.

 

“You’ve been wearing it, you idiot!”

“You’re also an idiot for thinking it too!”

 

Jeongyeon could only shake her head at the two.

 

Couple of feet away were Chaeyoung and Tzuyu near passing out, trying their best to hold their posture straight, whilst exchanging boisterous words “Tzuyu you’re drunk” “I am not drunk” “You’re drunk”  turning this supposed joyous toast into a drinking competition. Neither did last as both heads landed on the table at the same time.

 

Jeongyeon wouldn’t even notice Momo if it weren’t for the multiple glasses laying in front of the latter, all almost empty. She thought for a second if they were drinks by the other members but when she saw Momo, taking one glass after another, not really distinguishing which was hers, Jeongyeon knew it’ll only be a matter of seconds now before Momo would pass out. 

 

Momo stood up, a bit wobbly, but stood up nonetheless laughing at the fallen warriors in front of her “These girls -hiccup- such weaklings..” 

 

Jeongyeon offered to help, but the other girl proudly mumbled back “I can -hiccup- get to my own -hiccup- room, Yoo Jeongyeon” only to slump onto the pillows laying on the floor. Momo never did manage to get to her room.

 

Sana was the most problematic one to handle. Sober Sana was clingy, a hug or two, a playful peck on the cheek, something Jeongyeon has learned to allow but mostly steer clear of. A drunk Sana on the other hand, was something she had never prepared herself for. Drunk Sana was… like an old lecherous crone. 

 

“Jeongyeonnie, kishu”

“Kishu on the lepzsh”

“I wan chu eatchu”

“Yah yah yah!! Kishu!!”

 

The taller one never felt her neck stretch this much nor her arms push this hard. She felt her energy draining from dodging every attempt Sana’s puckered lips made. Staying away unscathed from this drunken-hormonally-charged being was not an easy feat afterall. It took some time but Jeongyeon managed to hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter