I intend to be your last

We Could Try
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coward. Probably what most people would have called her by now after leaving Mina, and narrowly escaping what could have been a disastrous situation Jeongyeon is certain she’s not prepared to handle. But Jeongyeon would like to think of herself as rational, and it is always on her good judgement not to take advantage of the situation no matter how it had presented itself, open and willing. Jeongyeon would even stretch it as to say she was actually brave; brave enough to turn down the opportunity to kiss the most enticing set of lips she’d have laid her eyes on.

So Jeongyeon settled by the living room(far from her object of desire) with Sana’s head plopped on her lap- face nuzzling her stomach. Although that didn’t mean Jeongyeon stopped thinking about it, it was all Jeongyeon could ever think about quite frankly. Thoughts ranging from  unusual attraction she has for Mina to her unexplainable urges of wanting to touch, kiss, and probably other things Jeongyeon wouldn’t admit of wanting to do to Mina, and just anything about Mina, Mina, Mina .

And perhaps she’s too preoccupied to notice that Sana has moved her face to nuzzle against Jeongyeon’s cheeks, not until she hears Sana speak, “Something’s not right.”

Jeongyeon deesn’t budge, and gives a disinterested murmur, “Hm?”

“You’re not pulling away. Why is that?” Sana questions, keeping the distance still too close to what Jeongyeon normally keeps herself away from. 

Jeongyeon turns her head to the side, and Sana instinctively pulls away a little. The lively Japanese member has always been good at being affectionate, clingy despite the protest, and has always been victorious in getting what she wanted, either acceptance of her affectionate action or just a mere drastic refusal (which the latter Sana usually gets from Jeongyeon)

But when Joengyeon suddenly faces her, without a hint of discomfort, Sana couldn’t help but feel a little defeated.

“Sana-yah..” Jeongyeon starts, face leaning closer, and Sana pulls father away. “Have you ever thought about…”

Sana gulps, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks. She has never been at the receiving end of something similar to her actions and now understands Jeongyeon’s persistent defiance. It really is awkward. 

“About what?” Sana manages to ask back, her voice trembling.

Jeongyeon leans further, and Sana now finds herself trapped between the armrest and Jeongyeon’s body, “kissing anyone, us... kissing me..”

Sana knows she should be pushing Jeongyeon right about now, knows she shouldn’t be looking at Jeongyeon’s lips, full and puckered up, and knows she shouldn’t be anticipating whatever Jeongyeon plans on doing. But she knows nothing aside from staying, looking and anticipating. “I--”

Sana feels Jeongyeon’s breath graze her lips, how the minty scent is actually inviting, and how Sana absentmindedly moves forward, expecting the warmth of Jeongyeon’s lips set against hers, but falls short when she feels the older member pulling away.

“It’s not the same.” she hears her laments. Sana’s eyes flick open and sees Jeongyeon slump to the back rest.

Jeongyeon isn’t one to take action, she’s more of the type who thinks about it alone, segregates them respectively then picks out the best explanation for it. She isn’t the type to test the waters, act on a confusing feeling then come up with an answer. But she uncharacteristically did that to Sana, testing if whatever urge she has for Mina wouldn’t be anything different if she does the same to Sana.

“What’s not the same?” Sana asks, trying her best to flush away that longing feeling she had earlier on, and moves closer to Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon is about to answer, and Sana inches in with expectant eyes, but immediately stops when Mina walks in, with an expression Jeongyeon hasn’t seen before.

Their eyes meet, but Jeongyeon finds herself turning away first. And Sana sees Mina looking at her, knows very well that look on Mina’s face but decides to keep that knowledge to herself.

Mina walks past the living room and into the kitchen, without a greeting. Sana laughs at the childishness Mina has displayed and wonders for a second why Mina would be jealous, but picks up an explanation not long after as her eyes travel to the older girl next to her, head still turned away.

Without much word, Sana finally piece the situation altogether.

 

.....

....

...

..

.

 

Dinner went quickly, and quietly than what Jeongyeon was used to. Jeongyeon assumed that they were all tired for the day, and they probably were, but the assumption never did last. As soon as Momo brought out a bottle of Soju, that quiet atmosphere instantly drowned with boisterous laughter and flaring music, and Jeongyeon once again found themselves in the same position she remembered they were in the first day they arrived(Dahyun first to pass out by the carpet flooring in the living room).

Although the difference this time was the lack of anything Jeongyeon has to say to the girl sitting across from her, sipping a glass of her own wine, eyes away from her. They didn’t talk, they haven’t talked since Jeongyeon left her in their room, and the silence was starting to get to her.

So Jeongyeon clears and decides to break this tension that has been going on far too long, “I’ve-”

“Is the thought of kissing me bothers you that much?” Mina suddenly asks, eyes now on Jeongyeon. 

The question catches Jeongyeon off guard. It was a question Jeongyeon never expected and never prepared to answer. But realizes she has to, and fast, especially when that longing look Mina is giving her is little by little breaking her apart. So Jeongyeon drops her hold on the glass of soju and replies as sincerely as she could “No. Not at al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter