II.

The Story Of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was listening intently on every answers that Minjeong have given. She had a small smile as she stared at the woman that was currently speaking, answering the MC's question professionaly even though she's nervous. Of course Jimin knew, she just know Minjeong so much- so well. Her body language, how she looks left and right, how she keeps pressed into a thin line? Everything were familiar.

 

"Jimin." She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Giselle who called her out. Her eyebrow quirked up as she hummed in a questioning manner. Giselle eyed her before asking. "I remember you telling me something about...the Winter season, remember? You told me about your very first love."

 

"Yeah and?"

 

"The author..." Giselle pointed at Minjeong who was smiling as she put her mic down at her lap, obviously just finished answering a question. Jimin cursed in her mind, she missed the question! "She said that she chose Winter as her pen name because Winter season reminded her of her first love and their, separation." Giselle eyed her as she spoke as if she was trying to figure something out. "Perhaps-"

 

"Not here, Giselle."

 

"Then am I right?"

 

Jimin just eyed the younger who just nodded, knowing how hard-headed the older can be. Jimin looked back at the stage when the MC asked Minjeong the final question that was in his card. "So Winter, for the final question before we move onto another segment, I'm pretty sure that everyone are curious. From what did you really base your book? Everyone knows already that it was just written out of boredom but not really everyone believes that so, from what was it based?"

 

Jimin doesn't know why but she's looking forward to the latter's answer even though there is already one in her mind. Maybe because she wants Minjeong to say it herself? She sighed as she kept her focus on the stage while Giselle was busy typing on her phone.

 

"Well, yeah it was written out of boredom." Minjeong snickered, she was more comfortable than earlier. "Well, it is based on my real life experience in love, in relationships- friendships and a romantic one. You remember the first love I was talking about right? It's been 5 years I think? But I still remember everything vividly and I kind of wanted to get the bitter and heavy feelings out of my chest."

 

"So the scenes in the book is your own story?" The MC asked.

 

"Majority of it." Minjeong nodded. "But some parts are mostly just made up by my imagination." She chuckled. "You know how we always like happy endings? I made it like that."

 

The MC smiled knowingly. "Hm, that must be the reason why many of our readers in here have related to it. Let me guess, did you base Minju on yourself?" He asked. Minjeong simply nodded as an answer, an awkward smile to be honest, but she hoped that no one noticed. No one really did, except Jimin as she have her eyes trained on her. "The following segment would be a live Q&A, we would allow up to 10 of the audience to ask our dear Winter here. But of course there are certain questions that are prohibited such as private inf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter