It's A Date

Whiplash

Y/N found their mother by the indoor patio reading a newspaper. She called as she approached her, "Mom, I need to buy something in the bookstore."

Their mother looked at her as she permitted her, "Okay sweetie. Be careful."

"I will," Y/N responded as she kissed her mother's cheek. When she was about to leave, she saw David laying on the sunbed playing with his PS4.

She walked towards their front door and as she opened it, she stumbled upon a bare chested Taeyong just inches away from her face.

'The f*ck,' she thought. Y/N scanned him from head to toe with towel wrapped around his waist.

She asked in disbelief, "What the hell are you doing there ?"

Taeyong impishly grinned, "David and I were playing hide & seek."

Y/N was confused, "I just saw David playing with his PS4 by the pool."

Suddenly, a voice came through, "Found you hyung!" as David peeked behind Y/N.

Taeyong waved his body like a worm to a squat position as he leveled with David, "Aww, you found me. How did you know I was here?"

David answered matter-of-factly as he embraced Y/N behind, "Because wherever noona is, hyung is there."

Taeyeong again waved his body to stand up and opened his arms wide, "Aw, how cute! Come and hug hyung," referring to Y/N.

'Why me?' she thought. Pissed, Y/N lightly flicked Taeyong's adam's apple as she said, "Shut up, let me through," as she lightly brushed him off to the side.

Clasping his neck, he watched Y/N go down the steps when he called her, "Noona, where are you going?"

She stopped in the middle of the steps and looked back at him, "I'm going to the mall. I have stuff to buy."

"Let me come with you," he enthusiastically implied.

Y/N raised her eyebrow in disbelief, "Looking like that? I'm in a hurry Taeyong. Just stay here."

He stomped his feet in protest like a stubborn kid, "But I wanna go with you."

Irked by his action, Y/N resigned, "Fine! Just go and change. Be quick!"

As soon as he heard this, he quickly ran inside.

To wait for him, she sat down the steps and took out her phone and headset. She tapped on her music gallery and chose a song, then closed her eyes as she swayed left and right to the music.

Not long after, Taeyong hurriedly ran down the steps and called, "Noona!"

She didn't seem to hear him so he surprised her by hugging her behind by the shoulder and said in a normal tone, "I like you."

Y/N was startled and removed her headset and looked at Taeyong whose face is just inches from her face. She pushed his face away, "You're too close."

He just smiled and let her go, "He, he... Let's go."

Unbeknownst to what Taeyong just said, Y/N stood up and signaled for the driver and seconds later, the car pulled in front of them.

Y/N went inside first and sat at the farside corner followed by Taeyong who sat beside her. She rebuffed, "You're too close. Sit over there."

Taeyong pouted, "Yah! What's wrong with being close?" but still did what she asked.

On the way, the two would squabble relentlessly over trivial matters, which made the driver smile behind the wheel.

~~~

As they got out of the car, Y/N instructed the driver. "I'll call you when we're ready."

They watched the car drive away and Y/N started to walk inside the mall when Taeyong suddenly called her as he blurted out all of a sudden, "Noona! Rock paper scissor!" where he gave out a rock.

Y/N was flabbergasted but her being sharp, she reflexively gave out a scissor.

"Yes! I win," he joyously announced, racing his hands in the air. 'See? I'm good with this game,' he thought.

Y/N was confused and mad at the same time because she lost, "What's this all of a sudden?"

Taeyong told her his condition, "Noona, since I won, let's hold hands."

She was dumbfounded, "Huh? Why?"

Taeyong explained, "Because you always do it with David. I'm your dongsaeng as well aren't I?"

Y/N scoffed at him, "Are you kidding me? We're old enough to do that sh*t."

Taeyong persuaded her, "Oh, c'mon noona. No malice. We're siblings unless you're thinking of something else," he mockingly .

'Huh? Thinking about what?' she thought as she had no idea what he meant. She just glared at him for a second until she resigned, "Fine," and took Taeyong's hand.

Taeyong can't control his smile beside her. All the while he would keep pace with her because her stride is short.

Along the way, he saw a stall that was selling cute hair accessories so he dragged her there, "Noona, let's check that out."

She grumbled as she was being dragged, "Ah, wae?"

Ignoring her protest, he looked around for something until he found a barrette with three small red roses, "Oh! Noona, this is cute."

He let go of her hand and clipped the barrette to her hair.

Y/N didn't object Taeyong's actions and went ahead to check herself on the mirror, "Let me see."

"It matched your skin perfectly noona," Taeyong praised her, smiling proudly.

Y/N was feeling herself in front of the mirror, agreeing to what Taeyong said.

The seller praised, "Your girlfriend is so pretty. If you buy that for her, I'll give you a discount."

When Y/N heard this, she quickly removed the barrette and gave it back, "He's my brother."

The seller just went silent as Y/N walked away.

Taeyong just gave a smile and said, "Excuse me," and called out to her, "Noona! Wait for me!"

Taeyong just followed Y/N when she entered a bookstore.

They went in an aisle where her book was located. She looked up and tried to reach for it. Since it was too high for her, Taeyong grabbed her waist and lifted her in the air.

"Wah!" Y/N was surprised, but was able to retrieve the book she was eyeing for.

"Noona, you're too heavy. Did you get?" asked Taeyong as his arms were trembling, struggling to keep her lifted just for a few more seconds.

Y/N irritably jerked from his hold, "Yah! Lee Taeyong!"

Taeyong couldn't hold her anymore so he let her go followed by a barrage of Y/N's protest, "You! How could you say I'm heavy?"

He just timidly chuckled, "I thought you'd be lighter because you're short."

Y/N was furious, "Yah! You bring this!" as she gave Taeyong the book she was holding.

All the while, Taeyong carried the rest of the things she was looking for until she paid at the counter.

When they got out of the bookstore, Taeyong carried her pouch while he asked, "Noona, is there anything else you wanna buy?"

Y/N thought for a while, "Hmm.. No. How about you?"

"I'm hungry," he immediately answered.

Y/N ackowledged this and inquired, "Okay then. What do you want?" to which Taeyong immediately answered, "Chocolate!"

Y/N objected his idea, "Yah! It's lunch time. You should eat a proper meal."

Taeyong grumbled like a child, "But I want sweets. Let's go for ice cream."

He has been really testing Y/N's patience, "I said we'll go for a proper meal first."

Taeyong persistently grumbled, "Arrrgh... C'mon noona."

Y/N's almost at her limits, "You! I'll treat you to some sweets later, but we need to eat a meal right now."

Taeyong changed his mind and approved, "Ok. Noona, I want to try the food stalls outside."

Y/N also agreed, "Mmmm... You're right. I want to try it too. Let's go."

Y/N started to walk when Taeyong called her, "Noona."

She stopped and looked back at him, "Wae?"

Taeyong held out his left hand to her, "Hand," to which she rolled her eyes and gave her hand.

~~~

There wasn't a lot of people outside so it's easy to move around.

They ordered a bento style lunch box and sat in a vacant table.

When they were about to start digging in, Taeyong blurted out again, "Noona! Rock, paper, scissor!" as he held out a paper.

Surprised, Y/N reflexively gave out a stone.

'Yes! I'm so lucky today!' Taeyong thought. He was so happy that he informed her, "I won noona. Let's play yaja time."

Dumbfounded, 'I don't understand how his brain works sometimes,' Y/N thought as she disapprovingly asked, "Why do I have to do that?"

Taeyong expressed, "Because the winner gets to suggest what he or she wants with the loser."

Y/N showed a disagreeable face upon hearing the word loser which made her even more irritated.

Taeyong elucidated, "Noona, you lost so you have to do what I have to say. You are not allowed to get mad."

Y/N rolled her eyes as she thought of giving the game a try and agreed, "Fine."

Taeyong was victorious, 'Yes!' and took out his cellphone, "Okay, timer starts now!" as he laid his phone on the table.

He gave out a big smirk as he started, "Y/N-ah..."

Y/N timidly answered, "Hmm?"

Taeyong didn't like her answer, "Oh? Say it properly."

Y/N glared at him but remembered that she had to play along. She answered formally, "Yes, Taeyong oppa?"

Satisfied, Taeyong smiled widely, "Ah, do you want oppa to feed you?"

Y/N directly answered, "No."

Taeyong still pushed through, "Aw, c'mon. Here, you like this pork, right? Say ah..." as he held out a portion of the pork on his chopstick near Y/N's mouth.

Y/N doesn't want to open . She was eyeing Taeyong with a scornful look.

On the other hand, she doesn't want to lose to anger so she opened .

Taeyong was delighted, "That's my Y/N," as he her head.

Y/N felt humiliated as she was being treated as a baby, 'I want to break his hands.'

Taeyong went for more, "Y/N-ah, oppa wants some chicken that you have."

'If it's feeding a dongsaeng, have done it with David so this doesn't make any difference, except for the size,' she thought.

Y/N picked a portion of chicken and when her hand was about halfway across the table, she instead placed it into his bento.

'I couldn't feed him directly after all,' she cried internally.

Taeyong shook his head, "Y/N-ah, I want you to feed me the chicken."

Y/N glared at him once again, but fought with courage. She picked up the chicken meat on his bento and fed it to him.

Taeyong smiled as he ate it, "Hmmm, yummy."

As he was chewing, he faked a cough and glanced at Y/N.

Unbothered, Y/N was just staring at him.

Since Y/N didn't plan on making a move, Taeyong glanced at the water bottle they had then back at Y/N, while coughing. 'Noona, why so slow?' he thought.

Y/N slowly got the message and picked up the water bottle and poured it in a glass and made Taeyong drink it.

Taeyong drank and felt relieved, "Ah, thank you Y/N-ah," as he her head.

As time was ticking fast, Taeyong made every minute worthwhile and ordered, "Y/N-ah, do aegyo."

Y/N was now triggered and clutched her chopstick with force, looking like she wants to stab Taeyong, 'This punk!'

Taeyong was a little defensive as he perceived Y/N's aura, "Woah! We still have 2 minutes."

Y/N cooled her head and forced a smile, "Taeyong-oppa, Y/N-nie wants to eat sweets," in a small, childlike tone.

Reality hits her the second she realized what she has done, 'F*ck this!' She slumped herself on the table, feeling embarrassed, 'I want to be invisible like the wind.'

Taeyong was giggling and smiling from ear to ear as he her head, "Ah, our Y/N-nie is so cute. I guess oppa will buy you sweets. Ah, but you see, oppa doesn't have money now so wait until we get home, okay?"

As Y/N's head was still slumped on the table, Taeyong took his cellphone and announced, "Oh, look. Time is up," then he quickly ran away.

Y/N realized this so she ran after him, desperate to capture him.

Taeyong looked behind and saw Y/N racing after him. From his point of view, her eyes were glowing with dark ferocious aura emanating out of her as she creepily ran in supersonic speed.

Fearing for his life, he stopped running and swiftly turned the other way around, knelt down with hands together into a prayer stance as he watched Y/N coming closer to take his life.

"You brat!" yelled Y/N as she closed in on Taeyong.

She pinched his cheeks in rage, "How dare you make me do that!"

"Ow, ow, ow! My face!" cried Taeyong as he slowly stood up. "That's how yaja time works though," he deliberately expressed.

"You know how embarrasing that is, huh?" as she was poking Taeyong on every part of his upper torso.

Taeyong was giggling, "Ha, ha, stop noona. I can't help it, you know. You're just too cute."

"Who's cute? You're doing it on purpose didn't you?" still poking Taeyong.

"No, I didn't and on a side note, you said you wouldn't get angry," said Taeyong as he was jerking to her pokes.

Y/N stopped poking him and warned, "Don't do that again or else, you won't have a peaceful life in the house and school."

"Eh? Will you be rough with me noona?" he coyly asked as he wrapped his arms around his chest shyly.

She forcefully smacked him in the arms, "In other words, you'll get uglier every single day!"

Terrified by the thought, he protected his face, "What! Okay, okay. I won't do it again." Taeyong promised as he raised his right hand.

Y/N judged him for a minute and then started to walk.

Taeyong followed behind her in silence until he called her, "Noona, noona."

Y/N answered in an annoyed tone, "What?"

Taeyong asked warrily, "Are you still angry?"

Y/N told him truthfully, "If I'm still angry, you'd be bleeding by now."

Taeyong was keeping his distance, "Noona, don't be like that. You promised me a while ago that you'd buy me sweets after we eat a meal."

Y/N paused as she remembered it. She glanced at him for a moment and then sighed, "What do you want?"

Taeyong beamed, "I want chocolate ice cream!"

She led the way, "Fine, but after this we have to go home."

Taeyong victoriously answered, "Okay."