Chapter 8

What Am I To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Yeonah--

 

Sitting in the room where my sister laid, I sat and looked over her sleeping figure. "Maybe I should've been the one in your place." I whispered. 

"At least then, the one next to Namjoon right now would be you. Then maybe, whatever would have happened that night would happen to you and I'm sure you wouldn't have killed that moment like I did." I sighed.

"Unnie, I'm just so scared. What if he accidentally falls in love with me? What would happen then? Especially both you and I know exactly what's to come."

After that night, everything that we managed to build up until then now disappeared. Namjoon left to work early every morning and coming back late at night. When I came to the studio at the request of the girls, him and I were awkward. He was definitely avoiding me and would be using work as an excuse to head back into his personal studio whenever I had appeared at the company. 

"Are you and Namjoon alright?" The group asked one day after seeing us be like strangers for a couple of weeks now.

"Yeah..." I said with a small smile while looking down at my hands. We were sitting at their dorms after their schedules. Namjoon was in the washroom to shower whereas we all sat around the living room.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked concerned.

"Namjoon hyung hasn't been himself lately. We tried asking but he would just change the subject." Taehyung replied.

"It's my fault." I said. 

"Why do you keep saying its your fault?" Jungkook asked. 

"You know what you all have in common?" Yoongi said pointing to all the girls. "Always blaming yourself even if it's actually our fault." 

The girls looked at one another and smiled and nodding in agreement. "I guess that's what happens when you love someone more than anything." I said giving a soft chuckle. "You start wondering if you are really compatible with the person and start deciding everything is your fault when something doesn't go right." 

"And in this case...everything was wrong in the very beginning." I said.

 

--Namjoon--

 

He gripped the handle of the bathroom door, he had heard everything that was being said in the living room. He wasn't sure why but he was feeling a certain ache when hearing her say those things. She blamed herself for everything from the very beginning. The reason why he was avoiding her was not because it was her fault that she walked out on him that night but because reality hit him. He was in love with her. He was scared, scared that it was because he was voided of love for so long that he confided it in her. Namjoon felt guilty as well knowing he had began to fall in love with his first love's sister whom he believes that she will come back.

Now thinking about it, a part of him wished she wouldn't come back now; he's been hating himself for feeling this way, for being selfish for such a wish when he himself has always wanted her back in his life.

Feeling conflicted, he just kept himself away from her but hearing their conversation he just wanted to jump out and tell her it wasn't her fault at all but rather his. His heart was screaming him to go tell her it wasn't her fault but his mind and body kept him still frozen at the door. 

The members offered to tag along to drive the two of them home, feeling that if it was just one member driving them home, the awkward atmosphere will kill that poor soul. And they were right, the rid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter