Chapter 10

What Am I To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Namjoon--

 

He stared at his phone once every couple minutes that was placed in front of him to see if he had received any calls or texts from Yeonah, yet still nothing. If he could, he would run to where she is now and comfort her if she needed to be comforted. As he let out a sigh and a neck stretch, he heard a knock on his studio door and he got up to open it. His smile showed instantly the moment it landed on her.

"Busy?" She asked and he shook his head, "Come in."

"I brought you some snacks and a smoothie." She said lifting the items up to his view and he grabbed it from her. 

"Thank you," He whispered after giving her a welcome kiss that had her breathing stopping once again.

She was dazed but followed him to the sofa anyways and sat down as they chatted. "Sorry I wasn't able to come for lunch" Yeonah apologized again.

"It's okay, but Yeonah ah." He started and turned to look at her and observe her reaction. "Is there something you want to tell me?" 

"What? No?" She said nervously, scared he caught onto something and sure enough he had his suspicions. He sighed and continued, "Earlier...you were crying weren't you?" 

She gave a small assuring smile, she learned to do that whenever she had to face bad news and that was her mask. "I wasn't crying. Why would I cry?" She lightly hit his upper arm and turned to pick up some fruits to stuff into her mouth; smiling widely at him. He suddenly pulled her into a hug and rested his chin on her shoulder before placing a small kiss on it. 

Pulling away her eyes wandered towards his computer, "Finishing up a song?" She asked placing her fork down.

"Yeah," He said putting a grape into his mouth before grabbing her hand and leading her over to his desk. "Want to listen?" Her eyes beamed at that and she nodded happily, Namjoon never showed her his work before and she would only hear it when it was released so him offering her the chance, she gladly took it without hesitation. He sat down on his chair while she stood right next him waiting for him to press play. The demo of the track was nice and it reminded her of someone. 

 

--Yeonah--

 

"What's the title of the song?" I asked to confirm my thoughts. 

"What Am I To You" He replied and I gave a small smile before placing a hand on his shoulder which made him look up at me. 

"It's for Yoonah isn't it?" I asked and his smiled faded when he saw my face. He wrote the song in the beginning when Yoonah started drifting away from him and he didn't touch it until recently when he thought it would fit perfectly in the new album. However, he totally forgot that I was standing before him now. 

He pulled me down onto his lap and I gave a small shriek at his actions. Hugging me tight he answered honestly, "Yeah. I won't lie. I wrote it for Yoonah." I gave a small chuckle,

"There's nothing wrong with that. They say, you can never forget your first love." I answered confidently but my eyes told him otherwise as it went from him down to my hands. He released one of his arms around my waist and grabbed hold of my hand bringing it up and giving my palm a kiss.

"But now I have you. I love you and I'm thankful you're by my side. I'm being honest with you right now, the song is the past. You're my present and future." He said without faltering one bit as if he had planned it. 

"Have you always been this sweet of a talker?" I chuckled. 

"I'm serious Yeonah. You're opening me in all the different ways that I had hidden for so long. I just wish I can do that to you...open everything that you're hiding." He continued and I can see in his eyes that it only carried sincerity. I cupped his face with the hand he was still holding and he let himself sink into my touch.

"I'm just afraid that if you open all of me, you're going to get hurt." I said voice barely above a whisper.

"You won't know unless you try. No one will get hurt and I won't let you get hurt." Namjoon said and I leaned in to give him a gentle kiss on the lips. It was the first that I initiated and it made his grin appear. "Promise?" 

He pulled me closer towards him and planted another kiss, this one more rougher than the last; perfectly molding mine. "Promise." Namjoon pulled away and he looked at me curiously, "About that first love of yours...don't tell you still think of him." 

I laughed and rested my hands on his shoulder tilting my head to the side thinking, "What if I still do?" I teased.

"No, you can't think about anyone else but me." He growled and I chuckled, "Mr. Kim, are you jealous right now?" I continued teasing.

"How can I not be jealous?" 

I bit my lower lip, "Hm...I guess that can't be helped." I said before getting up from his lap and walking back to the couch to grab another fruit. "What?" He said in an annoyed voice turning to me with furrowed brows.

"Mr. Kim, your first love is my sister." I teased, "If anything, I should be the one that's jealous." I said giving him a smirk before chewing on a strawberry. He rushed towards me and attacked me by tickling me. "Namjoon ah!" I yelled in laughter. "Stop! I'm sorry!" I said after trying to pull away but failed to which he stopped and I wiped my tears from laughing too much. 

"I should be sorry for hurting you." He said still hovering above me. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter