♧ Chapter Five: First Mission

The Outlaws

Chapter 5

Third Person’s POV

The next day, they all had meeting together. Aera and Jin walked downstairs and Aera sat beside Hoseok. “You’re here,” Hoseok smiled kindly at Aera.

Aera just nodded and looked around. It seemed everyone was already there. “I’m sorry for being late,”

Namjoon shook his head. “We know just how you can get so focused on your painting,” He paused and straightened his back. “Tomorrow, we’ll be going on a 'trip',”

Jimin grinned playfully. “Oh nice, I’ve been waiting for this,”

“This is a risky one, because I’ve been meaning to use you, Aera,” Namjoon turned to me. “I wanted to know their reaction; What would they react to the missing princess?”

V and Jin seemed uncomfortable, unable to agree with the idea. “It’s too dangerous, what are you thinking?” Jin asked, concerned.

“Exactly what he’s thinking,” Suga pressed. His sudden voice was hinted with sorrow. “It’s killing two birds with one stone,”

“Black Dice gang offered to make a deal as long as we bring her,” Namjoon crossed his arms. “I’m sure that son of a will be there too, to see for himself that she’s still alive,”

“We are walking into their trap,” V voiced out sternly.

Aera was listening intently. “What’s your plan?”

V turned to Aera unbelievably. She seemed determined somehow. “Do you know what you’re saying? You could get killed,” Hoseok asked firmly.

Aera shrugged it off. “So what?”

All of them stared Aera. Some of them were worried, and some of them were just surprised by her sudden bravery.

“The plan is simple, we’ll make it seem only 3 of us go and meet the dealer from the Black Dice.” Namjoon explained. “We don’t know what they want, so to be careful, the others will follow in secret and attack on my mark.,”

“What if they attack?” Jin questioned, somehow he looked angry.

“I don’t think they will attack boldly,” Namjoon said. “Based on what Suga collected; that SOB can’t kill Aera in front of the gang, because her father’s death was somehow covered up and discreet,”

“If words leak that he covered up his real reason of death; he will be thrown from the spot,” Suga continued. “It’s most like we’ll be ambushed, after or before the deal,”

“I understand,” Hoseok sighed. “How are we ensure her safety?”

Namjoon smirked. “We need a dummy Aera,”

Aera blinked many times. “You mean, someone pretended to be me?”

Namjoon nodded. “We let the first car goes first, and then you Aera, will join the second car.”

“If we’re getting ambushed, the first car will be at least distract and finish them,” Suga added. “If it happens that the first car didn’t get ambushed, they’ll just be on standby near the location, discreetly,”

“This goes the same after the deal is finished,” Namjoon stated.

“Sounds good to me,” Jungkook agreed heavily. “I don’t think they’ll be bringing crowds anyway,”

“If they do, they know how we can handle them,” Jimin smiled confidently.

“Yeah right,” Suga scoffed. “I hope you’re prepared to kill those guys with wigs on, Jimin.”

“Wha-?” Jimin startled. “Why am I the girl?!”

“Since you’re the prettiest,” Hoseok laughed.

“Congratulations, Jimin,” Jungkook clapped with sarcastic laugh.

“Who’ll be the ambush team?” V asked.

“V, Jungkook, Hoseok, Jin,” Namjoon said. “Aera and Suga, you’ll be with me.”

“I have something to say,” Jin raised his hand. “I’ll think it’s better if V follows you too,” Jin let down his hand. “Since he’s the best, to protect her,” Jin turned to Aera and smiled at her.

Aera just nodded confusingly.

Namjoon turned to V. “I don’t think I can bring you...,” Before V asked why, Namjoon answered. “Since he’s bad at keeping his feelings,”

There was something uneasy between Namjoon and V that Aera noticed. There are secrets.. I’m sure... Aera thought.

“You know how I changed, hyung,” V said. It was unclear to all of us except Namjoon and Suga.

Aera stared at V. She noticed how V’s knuckles turned white as result he closed his fists so tight.

“Very well,” Namjoon agreed with a sigh. “If you don’t control yourself, I’ll finish you there myself,” Namjoon’s words left the air heavy as he walked away. Suga stared at V and stood up. His eyes were stabbing daggers at V. He then returned to his workplace.

Hoseok turned to Aera with a rueful smile. “Aera, would you help me prepare Jimin’s stuffs? This oppa never been a girl,”

“Oppa?” Jin scoffed. “I’m the absolute oppa here,”

“Absolute oppa? What a joke,” Hoseok laughed as all of them joked with each other as if nothing happen. Aera stood up and walked towards V.

“Are you okay?” Aera asked in concern.

V glared at her. “Stay out of my business,” He scoffed and walked away. Aera just watched him go. He’s so cold.. but then he’s so warm.. and then he’s cold again...

 

Aera’s POV

I hugged myself and stared outside the window, wondering if everything is okay with the other group. I stared at V’s reflection on the window. He was staring outside too, but he was so grumpy. Since our last meeting, I felt the need to really stay away from him. I didn’t want to burden him. I didn’t want him to hate me.

“We have arrived,” Suga said as he parked the car. All of us stepped out from the car. I saw only one black sedan, assuming it was Black Dice’s.

We met at a private bar that belonged to Black Dice. I never been to the bar before, I had no reason to. Namjoon gently pulled me beside him and he gestured me to hold his arm. “For now, just play along,” Namjoon smiled at me. His smile was not a kind smile, but a scary one.

I nodded hesitantly and glanced V at the back. His expression was stoic, as if he’s also ready to meet my uncle.

We entered the bar, and I found myself trying so hard to not falter when I finally met him. There was my uncle, Ha Jungwoo. Beside him was my cousin drinking his wine, Ha Dongkyun.

Both of them widened their eyes at me. Is it so hard to believe that I’m here?

Jungwoo stood up, followed by Dongkyun. Dongkyun gave me a meaningful look. His face showed hesitation.

“You’re finally here,” Jungwoo said with a small smile. He turned to me. “I’m glad to see you are well,”

Glad my .. I bowed lightly as they ushered us to sit down on the sofa. V and Suga were standing nearby.

I glanced at V to see if he’s doing okay. I was glad as he managed to keep calm.

“Today, I brought my lovely Aera here,” Namjoon pulled me closer as I felt his hand on my waist. I felt embarrassed and I was contemplating; What is he trying to do?!

Jungwoo laughed sarcastically. “It’s our Aera,”

“So tell me, what’s the deal?” Namjoon asked with somehow devilish smile.

Jungwoo crossed his legs. “I’ll be direct since you’re so gnarly,” He smirked. “Return Aera to us, and we'll let you go from whatever business we had in the past,”

Namjoon touched his chin, sparing some thinking. “No,”

Jungwoo’s smile faded. His eyes were deadly. “You don’t talk like that to your father’s employer, Namjoon,”

“He’s dead already,” Namjoon answered lightly. “So don’t lump me with you,”

Jungwoo turned to V with a knowing smile. “You are all so rebellious,” He patted Dongkyun’s shoulder beside him. “Look at my son, he’s ready to die for me anytime,” He turned to V again with deadly eyes. “Aren’t you supposed to be like him” I thought deeply when he said that. Did V and Namjoon had something with Jungwoo in the past? It seemed they had dark past together and I was very much intrigued with their relationship.

V growled softly. He held himself back. “Why do you want Aera back?” Namjoon questioned knowingly. He suddenly laced his fingers with mine. “I came to love her, I can’t let her go,” 

Jungwoo widened his eyes in surprised. “Is that so? She loves you? But she’s not lovable,”

My eyes immediately glared at him.

Jungwoo playfully stared at me too. “Since she’s been hiding like a coward, when your beloved needs you the most,”

“Stop it..” I said softly, biting my lower lips.

“Admit it, if you’re there for him, he won’t be dead now,” He scoffed. “You failed as a daughter and as a gang leader,”

My heart was fuming in anger. You’re one to talk, Jungwoo. “And you used a dirty way by killing your own bloodline just for father’s position,”

He laughed sarcastically. “That is one heavy assumption, Aera,”

“Remember this; the Black Dice’s despise those who drink blood of their own bloodline,” I growled in anger. I felt Namjoon’s hand grasping me, telling me to control myself but my heart was so heartbroken to stop. “No matter what your methods are, I will not return just for you to have my blood,”

Jungwoo smirked. “I know this will happen,” He sighed. “If you agree, I’ll bring you to your mother,”

“W-what?!” I stood up in shock.

Jungwoo also stood up. “My men have information on her whereabouts,” He sighed. “Though she always moving places to places,” He glared at me. “Hiding, like a coward,”

I gritted my teeth. My tears threatened to fall but I collected myself. No.. Not in front of them.

“This deal is over,” Jungwoo said and left the scene. Dongkyun bowed lightly and also left the scene.

I hung my head down, afraid that my tears will fall anytime. Namjoon gently guided me out. All of them were unable to find the right words to say. There was a lingering pain in my chest; I know I can't do anything about it anymore since father's already gone, I'm to be blamed for his death, I am guilty. 

We drove back. As Suga was driving, there was suddenly a loud sound and the car lost its control.

“The f-?!” Namjoon cursed.

“Hold on!!” Suga tried his best to stop the car.

I lost my balance and my head hit the front seat in front of me. I groaned softly as I rubbed my own forehead. Suga, Namjoon and V stepped out from the car and checked the car.

I stepped out from the car.

“Someone hit the tyre,” V said as he checked the back tyre.

Somehow, my ears caught off uneasy noise. “Did you guys hear that?”

“Hear what?” Suga asked.

“Something ticking,” I walked to the back of the car and opened the trunk. V joined me and we both shocked at the sight in front of us.

“GET DOWN!!” V pulled me closed to him and both of us fell down, away from the car. The bomb exploded and all of us were thrown to the side. Fortunately enough, we managed to avoid the bomb.

V was on top of me, looking worried. “You okay?”

I nodded hesitantly and then the car's bonnet suddenly exploded again. V pulled my head close to his broad chest, protecting me from the explosion.

“What the?! Two bombs at once?!” Suga stood up as he groaned heavily. The shock must have gotten him as he was having a hard time breathing.

“They really wants us dead,” Namjoon stood up and patted his coat from the snow.

V moved away from me and helped me stand up. My legs somehow gave out that I ended up sitting on the ground. My hand was still in his, and I gripped it tightly. I needed support. I didn’t care he hated it.

I felt his hand reassuring held my hand too. The gesture alone helped me to calm myself.

Namjoon then made a call to Jin to pick us up. I was just glad that we’re all okay.