Chapter 10

The Fate of The Four
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The private was baffled upon the royalty’s words to the point that her series of tears abruptly ceased. Nonetheless, the confession had made the crown princess to also burst in tears this time as she let out the hidden emotion that she had felt for years but decided to just keep it hidden.

“What did you just say, Your Royal Highness?” Private Kang rhetorically asked after hearing the confession as she could not believe what she had just heard.

“I love you so much, Seul. I always have and I always will. Every time you are beside me, I feel safe. Every time you hug me, my heart flutters and my stomach rumbles nervously. Every time I see that beautiful smile on your face, my day instantly becomes brighter. Every time I see you cry or return from war in a bad condition, I feel like my heart is torn into pieces and my world just come crushing down,” Crown Princess Bae blurted out all of the emotions that she had been wanting to let out, with several occasional stops on her confession due to sobbing.

“But I am nothing, Your Royal Highness. I am just an old private in this army while you are the Crown Princess of this kingdom. I am worthless in comparison to you,” Private Kang said back while trying so hard not to drop down in front of the crown princess’ sight and replying the royalty’s love confession.

“You are not nothing, Seul. You are everything to me. There is nothing in this world that can make me happy more than you do, not even every single dime of money can buy me the only happiness that I want, which is you,” Crown Princess Bae continued her series of confession, trying to convince the soldier that she was all worth it.

“Do you seriously mean everything that you say?” Private Kang asked back, still with doubts and worries.

“Yes, Seul. I swear to you with all my heart that I mean every single word that I say to you just now,” Crown Princess Bae uttered with all seriousness on her face.

This instantly melted the private’s heart as she knelt down in front of the kneeling and crying royalty, caressed her cheeks, wiped her tears, and confessed back, “I also love you, Your Royal Highness. You have no idea how long I have been wanting to say those words to you. I have loved you since we were just kids and I promise myself that if I can not be your lover, then I have to protect you with all my being. Now that it is all out, do you, Your Royal Highness Crown Princess Bae Joohyun, take this lowly servant of yours to be your girlfriend?” saying the last sentence whilst half-kneeling down before the royalty.

The ‘proposal’ instantly made the crown princess jumped from her position and engulf the soldier in a big hug before whispering the answer, “Yes, I do, Seul. Yes, I do.”

The two, then, cried in each other’s embrace and held onto that position for a few minutes before both of them decided to break the hug and just get lost in each other’s stares. Then slowly but surely, their faces began inching closer to each other until there are no gap between them as their lips interlocked, creating massive explosions of fireworks in their minds and thoughts. Every single emotion that they had and every single hidden feeling that they kept from each other were all poured out during that kiss. They embraced their first kiss moment together for a good minute before separating from each other’s lips and reconnecting them again just after a few seconds later. After a few more kisses, the two just returned back to getting lost on each other’s warm and comforting stare.

“We can not possibly divulge this information to anyone, Your Royal Highness, especially to Her Majesty,” Private Kang uttered whisperingly, accompanied with a gloomy expression on her face, right after the two had finally came back to the reality surrounding them.

“But I don’t want to hide our relationship to anyone, Seul. I want everyone to know that I’m taken by my knight in shining armor, the best and bravest supreme general in all Elysium,” Crown Princess Bae said back, this time with an exaggerated pouting expression grazing her face.

The private chuckled lightly before reminding the royalty, “There is a mistake in your statement there, Your Royal Highness. For your information, this girlfriend of yours is just a private because the crown princess that she served for punished her to a month of hard labor and strip this old soldier from her previous rank and title.”

The crown princess put up a disbelief expression before refuting in a plain tone, “Do you seriously have to remind me for what I had done, Seul? Right a few minutes after we officially become girlfriends?”

The private’s laugh got bigger and heavier after hearing the royalty’s words, “Yeah well, I said things and by the way, that did happen in reality. Henceforth, do you have anything to say to this girlfriend of yours, Your Royal Highness?”

“Right, I’m sorry, Seul. It was meant to be a prank that I planned, but your take on what I said baffled me and I instantly don’t know what to do about it. That’s why I just decided to play along whist thinking on how I can reverse the condition that happened, but if that experience can cause me to have the courage to confess to you, then I will do it all over again,” Crown Princess Bae explained cautiously, constantly eyeing the private for her response to her statement.

Surprisingly, the private seemed to be taking it well and without any sense of hurt feelings as she replied, “I forgive you, Your Royal Highness, although I can guess that the initial intention was thought by Her Highness and not by you,” with a chuckle at the end.

The crown princess answered back again in a plain tone, “Yeah well, Jeongyeon did insinuate the whole thing because you pranked on Seungwan and Sooyoung.”

“Well, I guess I deserve it then. Now, Your Royal Highness, let me get you back to your tent and let me resume my duties with my company because neither one of us wants to be caught in a dating rumor right now, alright?” the private insinuated in order to remove any suspicion on why the two talked for so long inside that tent.

“By the way, hasn’t Seungwan told you that you are moved out from your company and given a new assignment?” Crown Princess Bae asked the private after remembering the plan made by the army’s Head Strategist to ‘rescue’ Private Kang.

“Yeah, well, with all due respect to General Son and of course, you, Your Royal Highness, I must decline that offer. I do not want any soldier in here to think that I get some personal favoritism from the three generals and of course both Your Royal Highness and Her Highness. That is why can you please do me a favor by just letting me still be in G Company and keep this relationship a secret? I promise I will make time to meet you every night and talk to you,” Private Kang suggested logically, causing the crown princess to instantaneously try to think of ideas on how to rebut that statement, but came to no avail.

The crown princess finally gave up and stated, “Fine, fine, I’ll let you stay in your company, Seul, but in one condition.”

The private’s face became confused at the crown princess’ answer, but nonetheless she asked, “And what will that be, Your Royal Highness?”

“You will no longer call me Your Royal Highness when only the two of us are around and you should not bow or kneel before me in any circumstances,” Crown Princess Bae stated the conditions to their deal, “Do we have a deal now?”

Private Kang thought hard on whether she should accept the offer or not and after a few minutes, she answered, “Alright, we have a deal, but if we are in front of many people, I still have to kneel down before you, or else I can get slaughtered by the royal guards.”

“Yeah, alright, that’s fair. Oh, by the way, I have been meaning to inform you that the first thing that will happen once we get back is your trial with the council members,” Crown Princess Bae notified, prompting Private Kang to quickly ask, “What for? Did I do something wrong again?”

“It’s to return your position as supreme general, you dumb. I don’t want it to seem like you’re pulling favors to return back to your old position, so I am really going to hold a royal court meeting with the council members to re-appoint you as the supreme general,” Crown Princess Bae explained curtly.

“Hey, I am alright with my position now, I really am. Besides, what will Seungwan think about this? I believe she is a more than capable person to handle my old spot,” Private Kang said back in reply.

“Seungwan, Sooyoung, Jihyo, and even Jeongyeon approve this plan of mine to hold this trial so that you can quickly return to the job. They told me that there’s nobody in the entire Bae Kingdom that is more suiting than you to hold the supreme general position, so prepare yourself again, general,” Crown Princess Bae stated, with a teasing tone depicted when saying the last word.

“Yeah, yeah, alright. I guess the sands have somehow corrupted all for of your brains. Now, if you excuse me, Your Royal Highness, I shall take my leave now,” Private Kang uttered before bowing at the royalty and beginning to set her steps towards the tent’s entrance.

However, her attempts to exit the tent were stopped by the royalty’s grip on the soldier’s left hand as she said, “What did I just say about bowing before me and calling me ‘Your Royal Highness’, Seul? Before you go, I want you to call me by my name and kiss me on the cheeks for good luck.”

This time, it was the private who gave the royalty a disbelief and baffled look, accompanied by saying a rhetorical statement, “Are you serious about this?”

The royalty just gave the private several nods whilst still pouting, prompting the soldier to just giggle and continue teasing, “Is that an order, Your Royal Highness?”

“Yes, now just quickly do it, Seul,” the crown princess stated hastily and impatiently, causing the private to enclose the gap between them again quickly and gave a soft peck on the royalty’s sweet lips.

The private, then, whispered, “I love you, my dear Hyun-ie, but I got to get going right now. Good luck for the day and see you tonight,” pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter