010;

Reunion

chapter ten


 

Yonghee stared at Yongsun being exceptionally excited more than ever that morning, and she frowned as the younger woman hummed happily while organizing her makeup table. Getting up from her younger sister’s bed, she rolled her eyes at her in an attempt to hide the giggle that was about to burst out anytime soon. 

 

    “Stop humming, you’re gross.” Hugging Yongsun’s dumbo plush, she continued to stare at her. “Is he back today?” 

 

Yongsun grinned and nodded her head. She’d finally be seeing Eric again after almost a whole month of not seeing each other. She knew how busy they both could be with their own respective schedules, especially with him constantly flying in and out of country but she still couldn’t helped but felt a tiny bit disappointed that they both could only see each other through the screens of their own gadgets. Sometimes, they’d be interrupted by her members who enjoyed teasing them a little way too much, and sometimes she’d be hiding away from her sister who would tried to expose her in front of him, and sometimes - just a few times - she’d be a blushing mess when he accidentally told her he loves her while her mom was behind her. Her mom was just as bad as her members and her sister. 

 

    “Do you want me to stay over at my friend’s house for a night?” Yonghee grinned teasingly and Yongsun wished she could throw a pillow at her. 

 

    “Just stay here. I want to officially introduce you to him too.” 

 

    Yonghee gawks at her like she has just said the most ridiculous thing ever. “Are you crazy? You guys are meeting for the first time in a month, why would you want me to become a third-wheel?” 

 

This time, Yongsun was the one to rolled her eyes at her sister. She told her sister that they’ve already talked about it and he happily agreed to it to which Yonghee was somewhat impressed about. She didn’t care about his nation’s boyfriend image, but for now he made quite a good impression on her. She made a mental note to tell their mom about this, she’d love to hear more about her youngest daughter’s boyfriend whom she’s been desperately hoping they’d date for quite a while now. 

 

Later that evening when Eric came over, Yongsun wasn’t sure if she was supposed to sit next to him or her sister but being the older sister she is, Yonghee made her sit next to Eric. The Yong sisters decided on spicy rice cake as their dinner, and Eric almost smiled realizing how similar they both are even though Yongsun has been telling him that they both have a complete difference in their preferences.

 

Yonghee wasn’t even sure why did she even agree to stay as she watched them being affectionate with one another, but something about the way Yongsun smiled or the way her eyes sparkled whenever she laughed with Eric completed the final piece to the puzzle inside her head. All these years, she was the only one who knew how hard it was on her younger sister and how hard she was keeping it up while having to pretend that nothing was out of place in front of the public. Even though their relationship is still a secret to the public, Yonghee couldn’t help but felt especially happy for Yongsun. 

 

Yongsun caught her eyes and muttered a what, and she just smiled and shook her head. Yongsun returned back a smile, knowing exactly what her sister was thinking about without even having to ask. That was the point of having a sister, there would always be that someone who she could communicated with through her eyes and someone who would understood her better than anyone else. 

 

    Eric was the first to initiate a conversation and Yonghee was somewhat glad he’s not asking her in English like the last time they talked on the phone again. “When did you get back from London?” 

 

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise and she looked over at Yongsun who only sniggered at her reaction. She didn’t expect him to actually remember it, it had been three years since they last talked and it wasn’t even anything important. Yongsun shrugged and mouthed see, I wasn’t exaggerating at her. 

 

    “Two years ago.” Picking up a piece of the rice cake, Yonghee continued. “There is something I’m curious about. Are your songs about Yongsun? Don’t call meand I don’t miss you?” 

 

    Eric almost choked on his rice cake from the sudden question. Yonghee looked genuinely curious, and he couldn’t work out if he’d get killed or not if he told her the truth. And, he wasn’t even sure if Yongsun knew about it too or not so he stole a glance at her and she’s huffing at her sister. Eric guessed she probably already knew about it. Rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, he said, “Yes, it kinda just ended up that way-”

 

    He turned to Yongsun and mouthed a sorry at her and she only grimaced at him. Yonghee shook her head at both of them, “Don’t grimace, you also wrote a song about him.” 

 

Eric’s eyes gawked in surprise as Yongsun panicked and tried to stop her sister from saying anything more than that. She released the song, but she was sure Eric didn’t know about it yet. Perhaps he didn’t even bother listening to it because they were still fighting when she released it, and she wished he didn’t too because it broke even her own heart whenever the song started playing. 

 

Eric tried asking Yonghee which song was it but Yongsun whined and tried to come in between them - more onto her sister so she couldn’t spill anymore beans. She should have just went out to eat with Eric just the two of them instead, her sister was just as bad as her members. Yongsun sighed and took a seat back, feeling especially exhausted when Yonghee only grinned mischievously and announced that she’s gonna go get some coke.

 

Both Yongsun and Eric naturally found themselves snuggling closer to each other once Yonghee left. Yongsun rested her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her small waist. It was only a month but both felt like it went painfully slow. Eric fiddled with her fingers, and he noticed the simple manicure she had. He smiled, knowing how Yongsun never really liked getting manicure before because she couldn’t just sit still and wait for hours but to see her actually getting it done because he once mentioned he likes it, he couldn’t even express how grateful he was. 

 

    “What do you think about announcing our relationship?” 

 

Eric raised his brows confusedly when she spoke out loud. If it’s anyone, Eric would never actually imagined Yongsun proposing the idea of going public first. She looked at him earnestly and he could tell from her face alone that she’s been thinking about this for a long while now. If that was what she really wanted, then he had no problem agreeing to it as well. He knews things wouldn't be quiet but maybe, it'd be a lot better eventually. For them and for their fans.  

 

    Patting her hand, he said, “If you’re very sure about it.” 

 

    She nods, a sense of relieve spreads over her face and she sighs as if a huge pressure has been lifted off her. “I’m fine with it, and I don’t think my company is very strict about this either. The only problem is your company.” 

 

Eric almost rolled his eyes at the mention of his company. It was almost as if he doesn’t even have one to begin with, they barely manage anything for him and he had to do everything almost by himself. He wasn’t trying to sound very biased but Eddie probably managed him better than his Korean company ever did. 

 

    “I don’t think my company would even care that much either.” Grinning, he pulled her closer to him by her waist so that their faces would be an inch away from each other. 

 

Yongsun bit her lip and giggled as she took in every feature of his face - how his lashes were so much more longer and prettier than hers, and how his skin probably glows more than hers. The dark circles under his eyes were not that obvious, but she wished he would just sleep more instead of overworking himself every single time. As he leaned closer towards her, Yongsun closed her eyes and swallowed the little butterflies building up in and her stomach. They've kissed several time, probably even way too many times but she still couldn't deny the butterflies she felt every times his face was only a inch away from hers. Perhaps she has grown to adore those butterflies feeling she got every once and then, or perhaps she has just grown to love being kissed by him. She wasn't sure which one was it exactly, but Yongsun knew she wouldn't even mind even if she kisses him for the next thousandth times.  

 

    “Yongsun-ah, I couldn’t find anymore grape juice so I just brought- Oh my goodness!” 

 

Eric and Yongsun scattered away from each other immediately as Yonghee turned around and muttered an apology rapidly. Yongsun internally groaned and made a mental note to never suggest having her sister join them on any date anymore in the future.