Red Carpet

Body Talk

A.N:

Apologies in advance, wrote this in less than an hour in the middle of the night because i miss wenseul and i saw this fancam of hailey and justin on met gala where there were some annoying fans screaming out selena's name when they came and got their photo taken. Ofc I don't proofread this🥴 well enjoy!

 

--

 

"You ready?"

 

Hugged by a dark blue satin dress custom made for tonight's occasion. The woman staring back at her reflection on the full body mirror. The dress was extraordinary and she knows she looks good in it. With a few simple accessories hanging on her neck and ears not forgetting the silver band on her ring finger. 

 

"Gorgeous." The owner of the other ring that matches hers whispered right beside her while her left arm slithered onto her waist. "You always do, hun. Ease up."

 

"Thanks, I'm trying." She gives a small smile and squeezed the hand on her waist. "You look fabulous too, love."

 

They wear a matching dress, unlike hers with no sleeves to accentuate her shoulders, her fiancé has a cape with her hair styled in a bun.

 

"Are you nervous?"

 

"I should be the one asking you that, this is your first exhibition as an artist"

 

"No need, i just need to held my head high while they admiring my arts."

 

"Show off" She scoffs that earns a little pinch from the hand on her waist.

 

"Really though, are you nervous? This is your first public appearance after our engagement." No matter how tough her fiancé trying to show, she always know what she actually feels. Coming out as an engaged couple without prior dating news shocked the nation especially when she's an indie soloist known as Wendy Shon while her fiancé is a all rounder idol that is well respected in the industry. "Seungwan, be honest with me"

 

"I'm just," a sigh "a little nervous, I'm okay"

 

"You sure?" Wendy turns to face her fiancé and cups her face, she boops their nose together as a way to convince her.

 

"Of course, Seul." She assured her more by giving a soft kiss on her lips. She traces the velvet cape from the shoulder to her chest, feeling the smooth fabric on her hand. "You looks so good."

 

"I know, shall we?" Her fiancé offers her palm like a gentlewoman she is and she takes it.

 

The camera flashes stunned Wendy the moment the car door opened. Seulgi immediately tighten her grips and led her through the reporters and fans into the red carpet.

 

They give their poses to the reporters and fans, Wendy finally relaxed and gives sincere smile to the people. She takes Seulgi's left arm and blushed a little. That's the cue for the reporters to ask them to show their rings and complements them both. Seulgi just laughs showing her eye smile to everyone while Wendy gets shy and occasionally hides her face on her left shoulder.

 

"Sunmi! Sunmi! Sunmi"

 

Nobody knows who started but soon after some so called fans chanting Seulgi's ex name when they still on the booth. Seulgi feels her fiancé tensed beside her, she could see Wendy's eyes starting to water and she blinks it away. This was one of the reason of her being so nervous before the event.

 

Wendy lose her smile and tried to hide her tears. Seulgi takes her hand, the one she used to wipe her tears and kissed the back of her hand. She looks at her in the eyes trying to calm her down. I love you. And that's all it takes for Wendy to get through it.

 

They left the photobooth and get inside the gallery. Seulgi doesn't let go her hand even after they safely inside. She brings Wendy to the near restroom with their stylist to get her make up fixed. 

 

Seulgi sighs, she tries to think which fans pulled the stunt and upset her fiancé. It's no surprise there are fans that obsessed with her and Sunmi relationship. The relationship didn't even last long, they only date for publicity in the past. They are known as the cute senior-junior couple, even after their date they are still good friends until now given that they always close like sisters. She didn't realize there will be some fans still obsessed with their relationship.

 

"I overreacted, didn't I?" Wendy chuckles dryly as their stylist fixed her appearance. Seulgi could only stare at her thinking how could someone be so selfless, not caring about her own self.

 

"No, your feelings matter. Especially when it bothers you, you're hurt and that's a valid reason." Wendy doesn't reply but Seulgi knows she's listening so she continues. "You're the one i chose no matter what people think, I don't care if they think I look good with another person other than you. It's always you."

 

Wendy doesn't say anything and launch herself into Seulgi's embrace. So Seulgi stays still and let her pour out all her frustration in the form of tears. Not caring if they still inside the restroom only with their stylist with them, she's one of the few people being the witness of their journey from the start though, and a big gallery opening party outside.