Jang Wonyoung

The Broken Hearts' Club
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WOW~ Jo Yuri’s new song is really a grade A banger! I can really feel her emotions right through the song!”

A sigh came out from Yena who was sitting in the front passenger seat at that time. Yujin, who was driving, noticed her friend’s annoyance.

“Should we skip this one?” Yujin asked Yena but before she even gave an answer, the lady at the passenger seat shouted.

“NO!” she almost hit Yujin’s hand who was about to hit the skip button. She ended up hitting her arm. “Why are you skipping this song!? It is such a wonderful, beautiful, one-of-a-kind masterpiece! I loooove it a lot!”

The stoplight turned red so Yujin took the opportunity to turn to the younger girl. “Hey, Miss Jang. If you really want to listen to this song then take your earphones out and play it on your own phone.”

Jang Wonyoung, currently a college student, pouted at Yujin. “But Yujin, you are already playing music in the car! Why do I need to listen separately?”

Yujin didn’t like her response and it is evident with her eyebrows. She was about to scold her when Yena stopped her.

“L-Let’s just play this song, Yujin!” Yena said while looking back and forth to the two. “T-This song is really nice just as Wonyoung said. I-It’s worth the play. We are h-helping the singer to climb up the charts so let’s just listen to it…”

Yujin looked at Yena with questioning eyes. The latter just gave her a nod in response. Yujin took a deep breath and turned her eyes back to the road. If that is what Yena says. She just has to deal with the song for a while.

Wonyoung then leaned back to her seat, feeling satisfied that she managed to keep the song playing. Right now, she’s just really happy. Really happy.

The girl got to know Yujin when her uncle introduced the girl to her. Yujin was in her final year in college at that time, doing part time work at her uncle's company, while Wonyoung was preparing to get to college. She doesn’t know what came to her but the moment their eyes met, she felt a sudden attraction that even she couldn’t explain.

A person falls in love in just a span of three seconds and Wonyoung is a living proof. It was love at first sight. Starting from that day, through just one look, Yujin has won a special place in her heart.

Yes, Wonyoung is in love. She loves Yujin a lot.

But she’s also aware of the fact that Yujin has set up huge walls around her. She has closed herself from new love. That one stare that made her fall in love with her is also the look that showed her the emptiness that the girl is in. And no matter how hard it is, she would love to try to destroy those walls. She would love to fix Yujin. She would love to be the one to be able to do this.

…Even if Yujin finds her to be bothersome.

“WOW~” Wonyoung exclaimed when they reached their destination. “You’ll be living here from now on, Yujin! This is such an upgrade!”

They arrived in a pretty well-known apartment complex. Yujin has finished moving her things from her old home to her new house. After the release of her first game, which popularity spread like a wildfire, Yujin managed to earn enough to transfer into a better place. It has been one of her goals from the very beginning. She’s saying goodbye to the place where she faced a lot of hardships.

“So…” Yena started when they rode the lift. “Is this girl not aware of using honorifics?”

Yujin just shrugged her shoulders, her eyes fixed on the elevator’s floor indicator. “This girl grew up overseas. Her parents sent her to Canada at a very young age so she could learn the English language in a community where it is actually being used. She studied there until she graduated highschool.”

“Ayyy.” Yena couldn’t just accept the reason. “At the very least her parents would have taught her about the honorifics! There should be Koreans around her area as well.”

Yujin shook her head. “When I said she was sent there, I meant to say that she was sent alone. She stayed at the house of one of the employees of her parents. She completely grew up in the Western way. So just bear with her. Sometimes she forgets Korean words too. I had to tutor her before.”

“Hey, guys!” Wonyoung jumped at her place while trying to look at the two other girls. “What are you whispering about? Don’t make me feel out-of-place, please?”

Yujin couldn’t help but to release a sigh. Yena just looked at Wonyoung with amazement. “I guess I can believe you about her growing up in Canada. She’s so tall! What kind of food did you eat in Canada?”

With just that, Yena and Wonyoung started talking and it didn’t take long before they started acting like they’ve known each other for so long. Both are really friendly and they managed to match each other’s wave lengths in just a matter of elevator ride.

Yujin then led her to the room and the two were amazed at what they saw. Yujin’s place is really neat and creatively decorated. There isn’t much inside which makes it a bit more spacy. This is just far from…

“Let me place a bet, Wonyoung-ah…” Yena turned to Wonyoung. “This place will be very messy in just a week!”

Wonyoung’s eyes glittered. “Oh, Yena-unnie~ You trust Yujin so much~ That’s so cute. Here I am thinking that it would last for three days!”

Yena laughed at Wonyoung’s response. “Well, just looking at her former place that didn’t seem like a house even for once because of her trash scattered everywhere, I guess you have a point!” Yena highfived Wonyoung. “And wait… Did you just call me ‘unnie’?”

While the two were having a good time, Yujin ignored them and went straight to her kitchen. She pulled bottles of soju and beer that she’s been keeping cold in her refrigerator.

Yena was surprised to see Yujin back with alcohol. She turned to her phone for the time. “Are we going to drink already? It’s still too early.”

Yujin placed the bottles on the table. “This won’t be a house-warming party without alcohol. I already ordered chicken and pizza so we can start with a few glasses while we wait for it.” She opened the soju bottle and noticed what’s missing. “Sh*t! Glasses! Wait up.”

She immediately stood up and went back to the kitchen to fetch some shot glasses.

“What’s wrong with Yujin?” Wonyoung asked Yena, breaking the silence that they were left at.

Yena gave her a faint smile. “I guess she just really wanted someone to drink with and just used this house-warming as an excuse. She just wants to drink.”

“Is there a problem?” Wonyoung worriedly asked.

“Nothing… It really isn’t a problem I think.” Yena held the bottle in her hand. She’s looking emptily at it while trying to explain things to Wonyoung. “She received another confession... This time from one of our partners in the business. That person was really nice. I honestly think that it wouldn’t be bad if Yujin would go out with that person but Yujin’s heart is so locked.”

Yena’s expression started to become serious. “I don’t know what she really needs for it to open. Being a good person doesn’t really open the gates of her heart. I don’t know if she needs a new person or still the same person…” The girl placed the bottle back on the table and smiled at Wonyoung. “I don’t know because I completely understand her…”

Wonyoung stayed quiet. She knows deep in her heart that Yujin is deeply scarred. She couldn’t ask her directly about it but a person won’t act the way Yujin acts if she isn’t hurting inside. She has heard stories from her uncle. Stories like Yujin had to stop schooling after being transferred to a new school. It was a family problem but there was a big issue in the family that brought disappointment to her parents resulting in Yujin getting out of the house and living on her own.

But she never learned about that big issue.

“Wonyoung-ah… Would you give me your phone number?” Yena pulled her phone and got her keypads ready.

The younger girl was a little surprised at the sudden question for her number. “S-Sure…”

She recited Yena her number which the latter successfully saved. She even named it with a rabbit emoticon so Yujin won’t find it suspicious.

“I am sorry if I surprised you.” Yena apologised. “But I just think that you would be able to help Yujin a lot. Let’s talk about it some other time but keep it a secret from Yujin.”

Wonyoung just nodded. Her heart is throbbing really fast. The thought of finally knowing the reason for Yujin’s wall makes her heart race. She’s really excited. “I-I will! I will not say anything!”

Yena smiled at her. “I believe you can help…


 

…You are the first person after me that she has let inside her house. I believe you are special to her.”

 

 

 

 

YUJIN was surprised to see the lights of her room lit up. Did she forget to turn the lights off when she went out in the morning? Well, that could be since her memory is a bit bad these days most probably due to stress but hey, what is that delicious smell coming from the kitchen?

The girl then set out to see what’s happening. She slowly made her way to the kitchen, careful with every footstep. She also noticed that all her trash was taken care of and there are traces of the floor being mopped. She took a peek and was even more surprised to see Wonyoung sitting at her kitchen table, patiently waiting for the soup to come to a boil.

The younger girl isn’t even looking at her phone or anything. She’s just looking at the cooking pot while her face is on top of her two palms. Her hair is also on a ponytail. Her phone is playing on speaker mode so that’s probably why she wasn’t able to hear the door when Yujin came.

I like you, it's been quite a long time

Think about you all day long

Walking the streets, listening to music,

Suddenly you appear before my eyes

Wonyoung is listening to Lee Hi’s One Sided Love and she’s even singing along. Yujin, with a little smile on her face, went to watch Wonyoung as she sings.

The one and only movie that's made by my heart

It's special, you're the only one who p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter