002

Two of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suji woke up to her friend blow drying her hair, she turned around to face her bedroom door and then her friend, Hana came in with a towel which she hung on Suji’s desk chair. She had slept over yesterday as Hana demanded that it was too dark for her to drive home and spent the night. Hana wore Suji’s black shirt and gray basketball shorts when she remembered that Hana had her pink pajamas on from picking her up late at night. Suji knew without getting up to check her closet that it was sure going to be a mess. Hana jumped on Suji’s bed, she rolled over and looked at Suji. 

“How was your date yesterday?” Hana asked.

“Don’t even talk about it.” Suji said.

“Why? You seemed like you had fun yesterday when I picked you up.” Hana said.

“I was drunk, you know drunk me is always fun.” Suji said.

“What went wrong? He’s a rich man and…”

“Being rich doesn’t always mean he’s a great person.” Suji said.

Hana wrapped her hand around Suji’s hand and blinked her eyes a couple of times.

“I knew it, something was wrong with him. No way he would need to send an application to our company.” Hana said.

Suji removed Hana’s hand and scratched her head. She was annoyed when she remembered how on edge she was the whole night. It felt like there was a stick up her or his since he was acting so high and mighty with her.

“I felt so annoyed the whole time because I had to stop myself form fighting him. I worried if I had failed you because he didn’t seem interested. He didn’t really say or do much which made it harm for me to predict what he would do next.” Suji said.

“The point is to not to have him fall in love with you. Who knows what he has up his sleeve.” Hana said.

“Trust me, you know I would never lead anyone on.” Suji said.

Hana sat up in excitement and clasped her hands together, she wanted to know what happened to make Suji feel so annoyed with him.

“Tell me everything that happened.” Hana said.

Suji pulled herself up and leaned against her headboard while pulling her blanket up to cover her shoulders.

“So, I pulled up to the hotel in the taxi and walked in. By then my feet were already hurting…”

“Not from the beginning but from when you entered to meet him.” Hana said.

“I got there first but he was late so I went to the bathroom and came back. He was already in the room waiting for me. I…”

“Wait, a room? I reserved a table by the window so it would be a romantic night view.” Hana said.

Suji pulled the blanket down and crossed her arms, she knew that Hana didn’t know so she told her that he owned that building.

“Will guess what? He owns that hotel and he upgraded the table to a vip room. I was stuck in a room with him for three hours. I still thank the wine for making me drunk so I didn’t harm him.” Suji said.

“Wow, usually it’s not that hard for you to talk to strangers.” Hana said.

“This wasn’t making a friend, it was making a date work out so that you wouldn’t get fired.” Suji said.

Hana nodded and pulled the blanket over her lap while she cuddled on of Suji’s stuffed animals.

“So did he lead the conversation?” Hana asked.

“We talked here and there but it was mostly quiet. I did play games with him because you said it might make him interest but instead it totally backfired on me.” Suji said.

“You played which one?” Hana asked.

“The shout your answer on three.” Suji said.

“I bet some of your answers were different.” Hana said.

“Nope, they were all the same. We kept playing until I got so fed up and ended up drinking almost the whole bottle of wine.” Suji said.

“That’s so creepy like how can they all be the same answer.” Hana said.

Suji grabbed Hana’s hand and did her best puppy eye expression but it seemed to backfire because Hana was looking at her as if she was having some sort of eye spasm. 

“I don’t want to go on another date with him at all.” Suji groaned.

“Well too bad. We need three dates to work it out.” Hana said.

Suji let go of her hand and turn to lay face down into her bed while Hana tried to pull her up but she refused. Hana gave up and sat down on the bed again. Suji turned her face to the side and looked up at Hana.

“I’ll just pay your company back in payments. Have him cancel his contract.” Suji said.

“Can you even pay us 3.4 million dollars that are being invested into our company? I don’t think so because it will take you your whole life and you still can’t pay it back.” Hana said.

Suji groaned and rolled back and forth on her bed. Hana crossed her arms and stared at Suji.

“Rolling won’t do anything.” Hana said.

Suji sat up and looked at Hana. She was annoyed with her friend and wanted nothing to do with Oh Sehun.

“If you didn’t make me register then I wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.” Suji said.

“I even put your file on lockdown because I was afraid of things like this happening but no my boss unlocked all the files because he wanted to find the perfect match for this business deal to go through. It would of been that lady that matched 90% with him but nope it’s you.” Hana said.

“Can I speak to your boss and tell him that my profile is fake.” Suji said.

“Then I will be fired on the spot.” Hana said.

“Hana… please just...”

“Suji, just bear with it. When I get the bonus pay, I will take you on vacation and you won't even have to spend any money.” Hana said.

“Hana, I don’t…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter