054

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Before Irene could leave the hospital, she chose to visit the love of her life first. She wanted to take a glimpse of her savior, it was supposed to be her, the one on lying on that hospital bed, and not Seulgi.

That bullet was meant to penetrate through her skin to – probably, directly in her heart - kill her.

In that moment, seeing Seulgi covered with her own blood pains her. She's there to save her wife and not the other way around.

Immediately, instructing her cousin to do some background check to the other man, Han Joohyuk, who set her in this absolute messy trap that she wasn't able to sense.

But who could really blame her?

If your love one was missing when you're out to get the man who murdered your parents, would you still be in a normal state of thinking?

It's Seulgi, her Kang Seulgi and she wouldn't think twice just to prevent Son Seungwoo from hurting her.

But he eventually did, Seulgi almost died and she's determined to make him pay.

Upon entering the place, she saw Byul, Krystal and Solar watching over her bear, which was lying unconscious on the hospital bed, her lips chapped and pale.

The three of them watched their friend walking inside, still clad in hospital gown, her head was wrapped with a bandage, and her eyes were solely focused on Seulgi.

Without even Irene opening to speak, they were aware that they needed to give her some alone time with her wife.

Solar was the first to reach Irene. The hospital's chairman instantly enveloped her best friend into a tight hug, although she was unresponsive while her cold, unemotional dark orbs continuously watching Seulgi's chest moved up and down in her shallow breathing.

"You have to stay strong, Joo." She rubbed her back comfortingly before she pulled away. Trailing behind her were Byulyi and Krystal who had been nibbling her lip the entire time she saw her cousin.

Knowing better that it's not yet the right time to talk, she followed the two outside the room. Soon, silence was filling up the room except for those beeping sounds that came from the machine monitoring Seulgi’s heart.

Irene walked over to the bed. She tried her best to stop the tears welling up in her eyes. She carefully let her touched the space on Seulgi's bed as she held her cold hands that's used to be warm in her touch.

I'll do everything in my power to punish that man, Seul. And I'm so sorry if you're in this state because of me.

"You have to wake up, Seul. Please be well and wake up, I love you and I'll do the right thing this time. All you have to do is to wake up, for me." Tears fell from her sorrowful eyes the moment she pressed her lips at the back of Seulgi's palm while she continued to stare at her.

"You can do that right? That's the only job I have for you now, you have to wake up," She paused. "I'll be back." Irene wiped her tears away as she looked away, padded to the door and left.

 

 

Fortunate for Irene, she was given the pass to leave the hospital because of Yongsun. Truthfully, Solar was completely against of her best friend leaving the place but she should've known better that at this moment, no one could stop Bae Joohyun from doing what she's determined to do.

The moment she reached their house, she pulled along the curb and went inside. The household maid was too shocked to even speak a word as her boss entered the place and walked upstairs.

Irene took a quick shower and changed into something comfortable. She wore her black stretchable jeans partnered with her gray v-neck, cotton shirt, her feet was protected with a combat boots. She glanced at her face’s, void from any emotion, reflection through the mirror. A dark circle was slightly visible around her eyes yet she didn't bother to put any make-up on nor any color painting her already pink lips.

She was so calm, unusually calm if you're going to look at her but deep inside, her blood was at a boiling point. Without much time to waste, she grabbed her Beige leather jacket and her car keys.

Soon, the Aston Martin was driving away.

 

 

Irene pulled on the sides the moment she reached their underground hideout. She climbed out of her car and slammed the car door loudly. Clenching her jaws for brief seconds, she entered the place right after she scanned her thumb on the biometrics attached near the door to examine her fingerprint. When the beep sound was heard the sliding door automatically glided sideways and she walked along the hallways until she spotted the metal door towards the main area.

"Where are they?" Irene asked, her tone cold, so cold that it made the males behind Jason shiver.

"They're in the red area, young miss." Jason bowed at one of his bosses, immediately followed by the men with them.

"I'm expecting thirty heads including Son Seungwoo and Han Joohyuk." Her stare commanded authority as she walked to the red room, a place you wouldn't wish to see or to be in, along with the bodyguards.

"Yes, miss. What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter