023

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seungwan’s phone buzzed that stirred her from her sleep. An odd weight was pressed on her waist, only that it tightened when she moved slightly. She sighed and as careful as possible, she unwrap Joy’s arm around her. Successfully doing so, she picked up her cell and answered the call.

“Hello…”

“It’s been a long time. How are you daughter?” The male greeted on the other end while Seungwan visibly tensed.

“A-appa?”                

“Did you already forget about your father?” She could almost see her father grin smugly from the other line. She rolled her eyes.

“What do you expect from me? Be welcoming and give you a warm embrace after you abandoned me and Eomma?” She asked with her gritted teeth. She could still recall the day that her father left them after he got the money from the Park’s and because of it she suffered from paying the dept that wasn’t her responsibility. It was raining that night with her mother begging him not to leave them but he never looked back. All the vulnerable cries that left her mother’s mouth were a great pain in her heart because she couldn’t do anything. She’s not strong enough to stop her family from breaking.

She didn’t understand why it all happened but right now, she was aware of how hard she tried to survive through the years without a father figure to fend for her needs.

“I…how’s your mother?” He asked, there was a sudden change in his tone of voice but Seungwan could taste the bitter rage flowing from the inside of her soul.

Of all people, he doesn’t have the right to ask about her mother. Not a single authority to even mention the woman’s name.

“Why do you ask? Look, I don’t have much time to talk to you, please don’t call me again.” Seungwan ended the call immediately and when she turned around she could see Joy staring straight back at her.

“What?”

“Is that your dad? What did he say?” Joy muttered softly but Seungwan was being an to bark back. “What’s in it for you? He’s the reason why I’m stuck to you anyways.”

Now, that came out to her nonchalantly that the look on Joy’s face turned into a cold one.

Park Sooyoung knew her only role to Seungwan’s life but that doesn’t mean she could purposely hurt her when she’s been willing to absorb all her frustrations about her life.

Yes.

She loves Seungwan, but this has to stop. She doesn’t know this lady in front of her anymore. She changed so much and turned into someone she could barely recognize anymore. Her ex was long gone. And Joy thought it was all because of her.

 

 

Irene slightly pushed Seulgi away from her. The sudden suffocation surrounded every fiber in her body.

It’s too much.

And she doesn’t want to be drowned into these unusual yet familiar feelings.

“Seulgi. We can’t do this. This is something you shouldn’t be doing. You have a girlfriend remember?” Irene reminded the taller girl, Seulgi looked away.

Seulgi wanted to bang her head to wake up in her misery.

Torn.

She never thought that she would see Joohyun again, let alone be her fiancé. It was supposed to end years ago.

But no.

Their story isn’t over yet.

“I…I’m sorry.” Seulgi blurted out, her forehead creasing. “You’re right. I…just. I’m just not thinking clearly. It won’t happen again, Hyun.” She promised half-heartedly because she knew that somehow her heart wanted it to be her even if her brain was c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter