two

i promise you (fromis_9 oneshot collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Crumpled papers filled the floor.

The girl pulled her hair out of frustration. She needs to submit her comic outline sketch in a week, and she's nowhere near from the start. Her boss wanted a new storyline other than school love story and ideas just won't enter her brain.

She decided to take a break and went out of her small apartment. Lucky for her, there's a convenience store just outside her building.

She entered the store and got some chocolate bars and a cup of noodles and coffee. It's 2 in the morning and there were still people in the store with her. After paying for her snacks, she chose a seat on the far corner and peacefully started eating.

All of a sudden, her cellphone rang and displayed a familiar caller ID. It wasn't weird for the caller to contact her this late, she presumed it was for the comic outline so she answered.

"Hello? Hayoung unnie, why?" She greeted.

"Chaeyoung-ah. How was the outline going?" The girl from the other line asked.

Chaeyoung sighed. "Still nothing, unnie. Can't you get Saerom unnie to extend my deadline? I don't think I can do it by Saturday."

"I'll try my best, okay? We have trust in you. I'm sure you can do it. If you need some help, call me." The older assured, it made Chaeyoung smile.

"Okay, unnie. I'll hang up now. Bye, bye." Chaeyoung waited for Hayoung to say yes, then she dropped the call off.

She's the newest employee in their company, but it's been half a year. She was assigned in a department in-charge of love stories, and needed to have at least one of her works published before she can choose another genre.

Chaeyoung continued eating, then the sudden opening of the door caught her attention. A petite girl entered alone, and it was as if the world stopped for Chaeyoung. As cliche as it already was, she couldn't see anything but the walking girl.

She kept her eyes on the girl as she moved through the store. When the girl settled to a seat next to Chaeyoung, her heartbeat went wild.

She couldn't understand, why was she feeling like this? Is this what love feels like? But there's no way, it's her first time meeting the girl.

She observed the girl through her peripherals, and would catch a glance when she had the chance. She would study the girl's features, something she didn't usually do with other people she used to meet. The girl has smooth skin, long, curly and wavy hair, a small face, pointed nose with a small mole that made her look cute. Her eyes sparkled, and her pinkish lips looked soft.

Chaeyoung felt weird. She decided to go back to her apartment and leave the girl alone. The work she was about to continue was long forgotten as she laid on her bed thinking about the stranger.

She's pretty, very pretty. Possibly the prettiest Chaeyoung has ever seen. But instead of feeling insecure, Chaeyoung felt a weird tingle inside her.

***

It's past two in the morning. Chaeyoung's on her way to the convenience store yet again. She decided to pull an all-nighter to brainstorm for her work alone.

She grabbed a cup of coffee and instant noodles, paid, then went to the same seat she occupied last time.

As if it was déjà vu, the girl sat beside her again. The same girl that filled Chaeyoung's mind earlier.

Chaeyoung wanted to avoid the feeling and the girl already, but there's like a magnet pulling her to sit straight in her place.

"Excuse me, can I have some of your tissues?" The girl's voice drove Chaeyoung nuts.

She didn't know what to respond so she just nodded, giving the girl all her tissues. The small one gladly accepted and their hands touched lightly. Chaeyoung felt like her spine was electrified by the feeling of the girl's skin.

"I think you're the girl from last night, too." Chaeyoung can't believe it, the girl was talking to her. Something she didn't imagine happening.

"Ah. Y-yes." Chaeyoung did her best not to stutter with a single word, but she failed.

"I'm Nakyung, by the way. I live in that building." Nakyung said, pointing to the same building Chaeyoung lives in.

"Oh, really? Me, too! 124!" She replied, sounding a little to excited.

"Oh? I'm from 123!" The girl lives literally next door to her and she didn't know. Chaeyoung mentally cursed herself for not being outgoing, she could've been closer to her sooner.

They enjoyed each other's company that night, talking and got to know each other. Chaeyoung shared that she's working in a comic company, and she lives alone as her family stays at her hometown. Nakyung, on the other hand, was originally from Bundang but she just came back from China as she finished studying there. They shared interests and dislikes, Chaeyoung would throw a pun from time to time and made the younger laugh. She felt her heart skip a beat.

They didn't take notice of the time, until Hayoung called Chaeyoung at five am, asking about her project. Chaeyoung mentally slapped herself for forgetting about her responsibility.

They bid farewell to each other.

When Chaeyoung laid on her bed, ideas came rushing to her mind and she instantly got up and typed them in her laptop. It was already ten in the morning when she finished the whole storyline, the fastest she ever did in her entire experience. It was a short one, though, probably could be broken into fifteen up to twenty chapters in comic.

She decided to sleep first before she begins sketching her ideas. She prayed and thanked God for giving her inspiration just before she thought she'd be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter