one

i promise you (fromis_9 oneshot collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Jiwon walked her way to the school cafeteria. The school year is almost ending and the stress put on her shoulder all because of schoolworks and goddamn deadlines is exhausting her. Plus the campaign for next school year's student government is coming in a week. She didn't know why she was chosen for the position of Secretary, she was pretty sure she wouldn't win anyway. The competition's surely based on fame, something she doesn't have.

She bought a slice of chocolate cake and a chocolate drink, and went to the usual table she and her friends occupy.

"Megan!" A loud voice coming from her back greeted her and instantly, she knew who it was. She turned to look at the person and laughed.

"What the hell, Chaeng? Do you have to be so loud?" It was Chaeyoung, carrying her own tray filled with a real meal and a bar of chocolate. Following behind was the eldest of the trio, Hayoung, with two servings of lunch on her tray.

"You're anything but quiet, too, unnie." Chaeyoung stuck her tongue out and Hayoung just laughed at the small bickering of the two.

The girls settled on their seats. Chayeoung sat beside Jiwon and Hayoung sat across the two. Jiwon and Chaeyoung started eating. Hayoung just focused on her phone.

"Jiwon, you finished your planned platforms already, right?" Hayoung brought up, talking about the proposal projects that they will present to the students during the campaign. Hayoung will run for the position of president, and will be on her senior year next year. And Hayoung was the one who chose her for the position of secretary. The eldest, for Jiwon, will surely win, as she is the current Vice President of the student body and brought in many fun events for the school. Her fame in and out the organization is undeniably huge as well, because of her talents.

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, rejected Hayoung's request to be in one of the positions. She said she'll just help as the campaign manager as she doesn't want any stress for a whole year, the campaign period will be enough.

"Almost done, unnie. Why aren't you eating yet, by the way?" She asked, mouth filled with the cake.

Hayoung didn't answer, she wore a toothy grin and turned her attention to her phone once again. Jiwon turned to Chaeyoung for an answer, and the latter put down her chopsticks and said, "Hayoung unnie just asked the girl from her class out. The girl said yes, so I think she will join us for lunch." Chaeyoung pointed out the meal for two on Hayoung's tray and went back to her food.

"What?! You like someone and I didn't know?!" Jiwon turned to Hayoung, puzzled as to why her unnie not telling her things.

Chaeyoung butted in. "I didn't know, too. I just heard them when I went to unnie's class earlier."

Jiwon threw her questions, who's the girl, since when did she like her, and all the essential things to know. Hayoung answered them all.

Hayoung then tidied herself and stood up. "Shut up now, she's coming."

"Hayoung-ah, hello." A familiar face greeted. Hayoung said her name's Saerom, but when she said Saerom, Jiwon did not expect it to be the girl crush Saerom everyone likes. Well, maybe because of her looks.

"Hello, Saerom unnie. Here." Hayoung patted the seat beside her, gesturing for the newcomer to sit. Saerom followed.

"Hi, guys. I'm Saerom, it's nice to meet you!" The girl introduced. The duo did the same, and they started eating again.

"Saerom unnie, you're really pretty! Like for real!" Chaeyoung beamed, putting both of her thumbs up. Saerom giggled and thanked her shyly.

"I think Hayoung unnie likes you a lot, unnie. You like her, too, right?" Jiwon asked. Hayoung slapped her on the arm.

Saerom looked down a bit. "Y-yes."

The two squealed while Hayoung hid her face with both of her hands. The couple were blushing madly because of the two.

They finished their meals, and talked for some more. Jiwon and Chaeyoung's voices were really loud. Their jokes made the older ones laugh. They filled the cafeteria with loud giggles and banging on the table. Once the bell rang, they bid goodbye's to each other. Jiwon and Chaeyoung went to their own rooms, while Hayoung and Saerom went the opposite way, going back to their class together.

 

***

 

The campaign started already. Jiwon came to know the other party, too. Noh Jisun, the one running for the position of secretary. Her competitor.

To be honest, she doesn't know the girl. Jiwon is outgoing, and it is rare for her to not know someone in their school, especially in her batch. Jisun's in the same grade as her, and she didn't know!

According to Chaeyoung, the girl's a new student and guys really like her for her girlishness. Probably the reason why she's picked for the position. Fame.

Jiwon was on her way home. Usually, Chaeyoung and Hayoung are with her, as they're neighbors. But for today, she's alone because Hayoung's out on a date with Saerom, as for the youngest, she went to her classmate's house, she said it's for a project.

She sat at the bus stop, waiting for the five o'clock bus that she usually takes. She took her phone out and plugged her earphones. She listened to some music while waiting. She noticed someone sat beside her, but she didn't bother to look.

Once the bus arrived, she hopped on and chose a window seat. She kept her phone and looked out the window.

A girl with the same uniform as hers sat beside her. "Are you really rude?"

Jiwon was taken aback by the girl. She looked at her with confusion, realizing it was her opponent, Jisun.

"Excuse me?"

"I was talking to you earlier and you walked out on me." The girl softly explained. "You didn't even answer my question." She added.

Jiwon face palmed. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you." She took her earphones out and showed it to the girl. The girl let out a soft 'ah', and nodded.

"If you don't mind to repeat them..." Jiwon lingered through her words.

Jisun did not need another please, she didn't mind. So she said, "do you think I can back out? From the campaign, I mean."

Jiwon was shocked. Why would Jisun want to back out? "Why would you want that? You'll surely win, anyway."

"Exactly. I don't want any burden for my incoming junior year, and you deserve the position. I know you worked hard."

"Oh," was all Jiwon could say.

The bus ride wasn't silent for her, but she was. Jisun talked and talked, with Jiwon replying from time to time. She talked about politics, stress in school, and other issues Jiwon might not even thought about. Jiwon wasn't her noisy self.

Unknowingly, the younger fell asleep, Jiwon offered her shoulder to her, which the younger gladly accepted. She felt some electrifying feeling from her spine. Jiwon found herself staring at Jisun's face. Her pretty eyes, and curved lashes, her nose cringing up from time to time, and her small lips. Oh God, Jiwon thought, why am I having the urges to kiss her?

She mentally slapped herself for the weird thoughts she was having. She noticed that she was close to her stop. She shut her eyes tight, and opened them again to look at Jisun.

"Ah, hey." She lightly tapped the younger. Jisun woke up in an instant.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry. My stop's coming up, thank God you woke me up." She said softly. Jiwon thought her voice was y, a bit husky, maybe because she just got up.

When the bus came to a halt, Jisun stood up and bid goodbye to Jiwon and walked away. Jiwon chuckled as she got off the bus just trailing behind Jisun.

When Jisun saw her, a hint of shock was evident on her face. Jisun said, "my stop's here as well."

"I see." Jisun replied, giggling softly at herself. "Anyway, I need to go now. This way." She pointed to the left.

And although Jiwon's way home is to the right, she said otherwise. She did not know why.

"I'll just walk you home, too. We're going same way, anyway." Jiwon suggested. Hesitant at first, Jisun accepted her proposal.

Jiwon trailed behind Jisun, watching her back closely and every step she took. The walk was short, Jisun's house is only two blocks away already.

When Jisun stopped infront, she turned to Jiwon.

"We're here. Do you want to go in first or...?"

"No, I need to go now." She smiled.

"Hm, okay. Thank you." Jisun kissed her on the cheek. She was dazed, she felt her heart beat a bit faster than normal.

When Jisun went inside, she ran away, squealing internally.

 

***

 

It's been two days.

They're in the cafeteria. Saerom and Hayoung sat together while Chaeyoung teases them. Jiwon ate her food quietly, not saying a single word. Jisun from that night made her mind busy, until now. Her thoughts are filled of Jisun, Jisun's lashes, Jisun's voice, her lips, and how those lips touched her skin.

"Mega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter