Chapter 7

CASE 201
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon’s POV

Momo was comforting taeoh on the couch after he couldn’t stop crying, in the end, the three years old baby fell asleep in her arms while I called chaeyoung, telling him to come with the men so they can check on the guy’s fingertips. Even though I saw him with gloves but that won’t stop the investigation.

I grabbed a tissue and held a bag I found on the closet’s roof.

“Pack some of your stuff” I ordered.

“EH? Why?”

“You’ll move to my house” I stated “Pack some outfit for taeoh too”

“No No! I can stay at mina’s house”

“IT’S NOT SAFE!” I yelled, fortunately, I didn’t wake taeoh up.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“I AM WORRIED!” I yelled a bit “A guy almost killed you what are you expecting me to do?”

“You always react like this to the victims? You take them to your house?”

I gritted my teeth and held her shoulders and looked at her eyes “You are different momo, you are special” I cupped her cheeks “I wouldn’t stop blaming myself if he hurt you more” I oft spoken, now I know there is fate between us.

All she did was staring back at me, I yelped because I swore I could’ve kissed her.

“Sorry for interrupting this beautiful moment but the team is here?” said chaeyoung as he was staring at us, I fake a cough and avoiding the look at him while momo rushed to pack some outfit.

The team was searching for things the guy might’ve touched.

“Raeul being the robber? That’s so unexpected sir!”

I sighed “Chayeoung, you said this for the third time, I know it’s unexpected now we have to found them before they hurt momo”

“All you care about is momo” he was smiling at me “What love can do” he sighed.

“Am I obvious?”

He laughed “Your eyes speak by themselves hyung”

“Hyung?” I raised my eyebrow and he slapped his mouth and bowed.

“I mean sir! It’s just I feel comfortable with you, maybe you are the brother that I never had and always wished, since I was young I wished I had a brother to lean on and-“ I sighed and walked back inside the house but I won’t deny it, chaeyoung is starting to take a place in my heart. Taeoh was already awake, he was sitting on her lap. The way she was staring at the broken vases and the pictures on the wall broke my heart “Momo let’s go” I said softly and grabbed the bag.

 

“Why are you following me?” I asked chaeyoung.

“I will accompany sir” Actually chaeyoung just wanted to see sana.

“Can you find raeul?” momo asked before we reached the car.

“I will be glad if I did because I will beat the out of him”

“What? NO!” she sounded offended “They must be lying, he won’t do this! He never hurt anyone! Why would he rob a bank”

I blew air from my nose… “Look I’ve been in this major for more than three years! Since the first time I’ve seen him I knew he is not a truthful guy”

“You are saying this because you don’t know him!” she fired back.

Chaeyoung took taeoh to the car so the latter won’t witness this endless debate.

“MOMO! That guy said that raeul stole his money and ran away, he is not answering and they started to search for the places you mentioned and he is not showing up”

“They probably throw the blame on him and-“

I frowned “You really love him?”

She nodded and got teary eyed. My heart was breaking and aching but I have to be strong, I have to prove that he is a bad guy.

“Let’s go, it’s getting late” I said and walked to the car. Chaeyoung was sitting next to taeoh, while momo sat next to me.

The ride was calm and awkward until we arrived. I told sana that we are coming so she can prepare the room for me along with my grandmother.

I opened the door and came in followed by momo and taeoh.

Chaeyoung was so small behind jeongyeon, he leaned into the left and saw sana coming to them. Smiling from ear to ear the both greeted each other.

I noticed the weird vibes between sana and chaeyoung, I turned around and chaeyoung was just staring at her “Go and wait for me outside”

“I need to use the toilet” he stated, my gaze went to momo who was looking around with nervous eyes.

“Relax” I said as my grandmother came and hugged her, she met her a few times before. She was always friendly and easy-going. Momo was comfortable now, smiling widely at her and talking until my mom came.

“We are now a guest house?”

Momo bowed to her same as taeoh who followed his mom.

“She even has a kid now?” my mom never like momo, she is an ‘orphan’ what if she is a daughter of a hooker or a gangster?

“Mom she is in danger-“

“I will leave as soon as I found another place to stay in” momo cut me off… this stubborn woman seriously!

My mom was staring down at taeoh and he was just looking at her blankly yet innocently.

“What’s your name?” she asked coldly.

“Kim taeoh, I am three years old” I smiled upon hearing him speaking formally.

“Hm!” she hummed and went to the living room.

“Let me take you to my room” I led momo to my room.

Meanwhile chaeyoung used the toilet as he said but he went to talk with sana. Who was In the kitchen peeling and cutting an apple.

“Sana-chan” he joked and stood beside her “you are eating well”

“Are you telling me that I’ll gain weight?” she freaks out and touched her cheek while he laughed so hard.

“I am joking! One apple a day keeps a doctor away” he said in English and winked at her.

She held one piece of the apple and he took a small bite of it, she widened her eyes and kept staring at his bold action. Until jeongyeon came and hit the back of his head.

“SIR!” he bowed… “I was just talking to her haha~”

I raised one eyebrow and sighed “Follow me, they found some CCTV recordings”

“YES SIR!”

 

 

I was driving to the police station when I decided to talk “I am not against you being friend with sana”

“Hm?” he hummed and looked at me.

“Sana is a very special case chaeyoung-“

“She told me” he said softly.

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel and frowned.

“Sir, I’ve never hurt anyone in my life… he feelings will be important to me more than anyone and I’ll help her to smile more and bring the joy back to her life, just trust me, sir, I swear I won’t do anything harmful to her”

I gritted my teeth and smiled “I trust you but how can she handle staying with you when you talk a lot?” I joked and he laughed.

“She will get used to it”

 

Eventually we arrived at the police station. We took the CCTV videos of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter