Your true dance partner

Sugar Mama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks everyone who read the last chapter. I have no idea still how many chapters this fic will be. But I’ll do my best to finish this.


 

The time had finally come for Joohyun to meet Seulgi’s parents. The plan was to get there by this afternoon and stay until Saturday evening. Because they both had a lot of their own schedules, and things to prepare for before next week began. Her dance performance too was fast approaching, and she hadn’t yet told Joohyun about the couple style dance. Maybe she’ll say something after they return from visiting her parents. Speaking of said girlfriend she was finding herself incredibly nervous.

 

The entire night before she could barely sleep she had been quite anxious. Although, Seulgi tried to assure her that all would be okay. Joohyun has never been close enough to anyone to be preparing to meet parents. That’s why she wants very much to make a good impression on Seulgi’s parents. After they finish with breakfast. The couple head out to Seulgi’s car, each with an an overnight bag. The monolid girl places the bags in the back of the car when she turns around. Joohyun is standing there looking more nervous than she has ever really seen her.

 

Aside from being nervous she looks quite adorable  in her oversized purple sweater and dark jeans. She looks nothing like a CEO, and more like an average college student. Seulgi knows for sure that she’s worried about what happens when her parents find out about their age difference. She wishes she can assure her that all would be fine as far as that. Her parents will probably have some concerns, as it’s only normal. All she can do is try to ease some of her obvious anxiety.

 

“Hyun, hey. You look like you’ll pass out?” Seulgi worriedly caresses her face.

 

“I’m more nervous than I first thought,” the older woman admits. Seulgi pulls her into a hug. She runs her fingers through brown locks. She knew Joohyun would be nervous. She knows if the situation were reversed. She’d be very nervous to meet Joohyun’s parents.

 

“Hyun, I know you’re nervous. But it’s going to be okay. My parents are really down to earth and nice. You don’t need to worry about pleasing them.”

 

The thing is Joohyun really does want to make a good impression on Seulgi’s parents. She does want them to like her.

 

“I think I’ll feel better when we get through the initial greetings. I never met anyone’s parents before, and I’m 30 years old.”

 

“Now’s your chance to meet mine. I just wish I could also meet yours,” Seulgi says sadly. Joohyun has explained before about her own parents.

 

(Flashback)

 

They were laying in Seulgi’s bed. Joohyun gently runs her fingers along her abs. The couple spent the last few hours laying there. They spoke for awhile, and made out in between those talks. Seulgi finally decided she would ask a question she was curious about.

 

“Hyun.” The younger girl calls out.

 

“Yes, baby.”

 

“How come you never discuss your parents?”

 

She can feel the brunette tense up at the question. She knew this topic would eventually come up. They’ve been together about 4 months now. Joohyun supposes she can tell her about them now. There’s no need to not talk about it anymore.

 

“It’s not that I don’t want to talk about them. It’s been difficult to do so.”

 

Seulgi starts rubbing her arm in an effort to offer some comfort. She can already feel this conversation will not be easy.

 

“They passed away. I was in my 2nd year of college when I received the phone call. I’ve been mostly on my own ever since. Outside of my close friends who have become like family.”

 

The monolid girl feels awful when she hears that. Joohyun was probably dealing with so much before finding out about the terrible news regarding her parents.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that, Hyun. I can’t imagine how difficult that must have been.” Seulgi finds herself more amazed by her girlfriend. Joohyun must have been under a lot of stress, pressure, as well as dealing with her own grief. Yet, she never gave up on her goals. She began her company from practically nothing to the huge success that it is. She made something out of herself to become an eventual huge success.

 

“It was very difficult. But they’re always with me no matter where I am.”

 

“I’m sure they are so proud of you. You’re one of the most successful businesswoman in South Korea, Hyun.”

 

“Thank you. I hope they are proud of me.”

 

“I know they are, Hyunnie.”

 

(End)


 

Joohyun takes a hold of her hand. She wishes that Seulgi could have met them too. Her parents would have adored the bear-like girl. They would have also been happy that their daughter has found someone perfect for her. Her parents would have been happy she’s in love, as well as happy beyond words can even sometimes describe.

 

“I still want to take you to Daegu with me soon. You can visit their burial site with me. If you’re fine with going there.”

 

“I’m more than fine with that, Hyun. I will be honored to visit them with you.”

 

Joohyun nods, and thanks her. It will mean a lot to have the person she loves with her. She hopes there will be time to go to Daegu before too much longer. They are soon on their way. Seulgi is driving as it’s her car, and she knows the way. The couple enjoy singing along to a lot of their favorite songs. They stop at a convenience store to grab snacks as it will be awhile yet. They converse in the car as well. Joohyun mentions how they can probably turn one of the spare rooms at the apartment into an art studio for her.

 

Seulgi thinks maybe it should be something she enjoys doing since it’s her apartment technically. The brunette corrects her by saying it’s not her apartment it’s theirs. How it stopped being just her place the moment Seulgi agreed to move in.

 

“I know,” Seulgi starts. “Since we both like to dance. Why not a room to just dance in?”

 

Joohyun’s eyes seem to light up at the thought. She really does love to dance, and knowing that Seulgi enjoys to dance as well. That along with the fact that they dance very well together. It’s enough for her to readily agree.

 

“Okay, I think that’s a very good idea, Seul.”


 

The remainder of the drive is silent. Joohyun tiredly nods off in the passenger's seat. Seulgi gently pushing her brown locks back when she’s at stop lights. She has never seen a more beautiful woman in her life. No one is as gorgeous as Bae Joohyun. Not only outside, but she is beautiful inside as well. Seulgi thinks she is the luckiest girl in the world to have this woman. She parks the car soon at her parents house. She hates to wake her now. But they’re here.

 

“Hyunnie, can you wake up for me?”

 

She gently shakes her. Joohyun isn’t difficult to wake. Seulgi gives her a quick kiss on the lips before getting out to get the bags first. Then she opens the passenger door for her girlfriend.

 

“Are you ready to meet my parents?”

 

“I’m ready as I’ll ever be,” Joohyun nods, and grabs her arm. They walk up to the house. The brunette notices the nice yard right away, as well as nearby fruit trees. The flowers also catch Joohyun’s eyes. The house itself is a brick and has two floors. It looks like the kind of home to raise a family in. The older woman takes a few deep breaths as the door opens. There are Seulgi’s parents who right away smile warmly at both of them. Joohyun sees right away whom she gets those monolid eyes from. Her dad has the same exact eyes.

 

“Princess!” He shouts joyously, and takes her into his arms.

 

“Princess?” Joohyun mouths. How come Seulgi hasn’t shared this nickname before. She will be sure to bring this up at some point later.

 

“Dad, hi,” Seulgi laughs.

 

“Honey, let her breath some. Hi, Seulgi-yah,” her mom gets a hug too. Joohyun steps back just to watch the warm scene. It’s nice to see her girlfriend surrounded by this kind of family love. She’s so zoned out she doesn’t hear Seulgi’s parents address her right away.

 

“Who is this pretty young lady,” her dad starts.

 

“Yes. She’s beautiful, Seulgi-yah. Well, aren’t you going to introduce us, sweetie.” Her mom nudges her daughter.

 

“Oh. Yes, mom, dad. This is my girlfriend, Joohyun.”

 

“Hi, Joohyun it’s wonderful to meet you.” Her parents speak together.

 

Joohyun snaps out of her daze long enough to smile warmly back. She can’t believe she’s already being distracted.

 

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you both. I’m Bae Joohyun.”

 

They welcome her graciously. Before they can really have conversations. Seulgi grabs their bags and takes them up to her old room. Joohyun follows along as she is really curious about her girlfriend’s childhood room. She imagines a room that is probably bright and bubbly just like Seulgi is. She expects to maybe see art drawings, and certainly music albums everywhere. When Seulgi opens the door. Joohyun sees the brightly painted walls of a warm orange. Her bedsheets are plain in color and not at all what the older woman thought.

 

However, there are indeed shelves of music albums ranging in tastes from BoA to Beyoncé. Her desk has an orange pencil holder with an assortment of pens pencils, and bright colored erasers. Stuffed plushies as well are seen in various locations of the bedroom.

 

“This is where you grew up. It seems like you,” Joohyun tells her.

 

“Really, do you think so?”

 

The brunette looks around the room. It has a very Seulgi vibe. It feels like her girlfriend, and she can imagine a smaller Seulgi just singing along to her favorite songs, or drawing at her desk. The images are so adorable to the businesswoman. She gives a nod and then quickly pulls her into a kiss. She knows while they’re here there’s only so much they can do with one another. But she supp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter