Chapter 4

Stupid Cupid

Minho's POV

I felt anger towards myself when I realized my eyes had turned blurry. Until now, after all these years, those painful memories still had what it takes to bring tears to my eyes. How pathetic could I get?


I blinked several times. I would not cry over that. Not ever again. The same way, I never allowed to feel deeply for someone again.


I was through being at the mercy of someone else's whims and caprices. I'll never let my happiness to be on someone else's grasps again.


For years I had been living like this ... and liking it. I had casual relationships of course. But they were with women who knew the score and wouldn't expect something deeper than a roll in the hay with me.


I'm thankful that I pursued my quest for a miracle for my injuries. The clinic in the US accepted me even if the doctors were not very encouraging aside from one doctor named Yang Hyun Suk. That doctor was able to help me walk again. I owed the man my life. After months of therapy, I was good as new.


I never looked back at my old life after that. Sooyoung showed intentions of getting back with me. But I ignored her completely.


"Hey, are you lookin' for some action?"Donghae hyung nudge me gently, snapping me out of my thoughts.


"What kind?"


He punched me playfully on my arm."You know what I mean!"he smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.


"If you mean anything involving a chick, I don't think I'm interested."that's true. I'm not in the mood to play with girls tonight.


"Don't tell me you're contemplating turning into a monk?"he teased.


"With the kind of girls you throw my way, who wouldn't be tempted to lead a life of solitude?"I shot back, smirking.


"You're losing it man. Seriously, get a life!"he said and ruffled my hair.


"You get a life,hyung. Stop pestering me and go home."I stood up and left him. I went to shower room.
 

As I stood under the rush of warm water coming out of the shower, I couldn't help but think what hyung said.


"You're losing it man."


I know what exactly is he talking about. And that was none other than the capacity to love.


But hyung is wrong. I'm not losing it.


I've already lost it.



==================




Your POV


"Hey, what's the big idea?"I complained as the hologram in front of us disappeared.


"You've seen enough,"Onew said.


No I haven't.


I had seen barely enough. I was slightly embarrased how my eyes feasted Minho's body earlier while he was showering. It seems like even the hologram was under the review of the board of sensors because I didn't see any inappropriate part of his body. Minho's private remained private.


But his magnificent physique? That was another story.


"Are you done checking him out?"Onew asked, sarcasm evident in his voice.


"Who said I'm checking him out? I've seen a lot more of those I can count,"I said defensively.


"Sure,"he answered cockily while smirking."Anyway, I showed you those scenes not to let you ogle Minho but to give you a background regarding his emotional state. You can surely understand now why he gave up on love."


"Sort of. But that's too bad."I bit my lip, recalling everything.


"Of course it is. He is not suppose to do that. He has a lot to give and so much to offer a woman. People like him needs close supervision. And since you are one of us right now, he is your mission."he said and winked at me.


"Okay? And what's that wink for?"I asked.


He just shrugged.


"Oh by the way, is that even a wink? I can't even differentiate it since your eyes are so small."I teased.


He just laughed and started talking again which force me to  digest everything that he was saying to me from the start. But still, the idea of being inside a fantastic dream still pops in my mind. How on earth could I wake myself up?


"Hey, are you listening?"Onew asked, waving his hands in front of my face.


"O-of course,"I stammered.


"You're eyes sort of glazed over."he pointed out.


"Well? Can you blame me?"I gently massaged my temples. "I still have trouble believing all this."I added and closed my eyes for a moment.


He placed his hands on my shoulders."I understand."he said sympathetically. "But you're the one to blame too, remember, you brought this upon yourself."


I glared at him."Is this your way of comforting me?"


He smiled sheepishly again."Oh well, you're still lucky because you are given a chance to compensate for everything you've done wrong."


"Okay, okay. What do I have to do? Do I get to do my own thing or are there rules and formulas I have to follow?"I inquired. I guess I'll just get over this mission as fast as I can and get back to the real world.


"There are some rules and proven formulas but you are allowed to improvise,"he said. "Come, let's talk about this in detail in my office."he motioned his hands to follow him.


I shook my head menacingly. This dude had an office. Why an I no longer suprised upon hearing that?


It seems like I was getting pretty much used to the superficial things that's happening to me.