Chapter 2

Stupid Cupid

Your POV

 

The pitch black darkness was the first thing I noticed as I open my eyes.


What a dream.


I must have been  hella drunk for me to have such a weird dream.


I patted the space beside me, expecting my cottony pillow to be there.


There was none.


At that moment, I realized that I was not lying on my bed.


I was standing.


Okay.


"What the eff ..." before I even finish my rants, the place where I was suddenly lit up.


I was stunned.


It seems like my dream was not yet over.


Because if it is, why am I seeing these angel-like creatures carrying what seems like bow and arrows.


There were normal looking people too but they were listening to someone at the other side of the room. I can't seem to figure out what language they are speaking.



"What am I doing here and how do I get out?" I shifted around sharply, desperately looking for an exit.


"And just where do you think youre going?" an angelic looking guy blocked my way.


"Out of this freaking place, where else?" I answered loudly.


I cant believe I just raised my voice at this gorgeous fellow
in front of me.


Oh well, screw my sweet image.


Im getting agitated every second and all that I want to do is wake up from this bizarre dream.


"Sorry, you cant." he said.


I raised an eyebrow and it almost reached the ceiling. "I can't? Says who?"


"That's a rule. You can't leave this place until you get your mission done. "


"My mission? I don't have a mission and I'm outta here." I try to walk pass through him but he stood right in front of me.


"Get out of my way, jerk!" I hissed at him.


"I said you can't leave."he insisted.


"Oh really? Watch me." I pushed him harshly and made my way to the door that looks like an exit.


I pushed it hard. But it doesn't budge.


I tried and tried, to no avail.


"I told you, nobody leaves without being able to fulfill his or her mission,"the guy said as he walked closer.


This guy is seriously getting on my nerves.


"Who the hell are you? And what effin' mission are you talking about?"I asked furiously.


But before he can answer, another good looking guy appeared out of nowhere.


I almost chuckled when I got a good look at him.


The guy was wearing something that seemed only appropriate either for a costume party or for a play.


He was wearing a white suit with sparkling heart shaped thingy. He was also wearing a halo and it seemed to be changing colors right before my very eyes.


"That's so cool,"I muttered.


"Which one?"he asked.


"That thing you're wearing."I pointed to the the halo above his head but he doesn't seem to understand.


"Tell me, is it battery operated? Where can I buy one? I might need one for a cosplay that I'm attending next week."I chuckled at my last remark.


"What?"he asked, looking irritated.


"The halo."I answered as I did a circular motion above my head.


"It was inborn."he said.


"Oh come on. You can't tell me that-"


"Where wasting time here talking about nonsense."he said cutting my sentence short.


"By the way, I'm Cupid. But I go for Onew because Cupid is just ... plain annoying."he smiled and reached his hand for me.

 

Cupid?

 

Yeah sure.

 

Then I'm Aphrodite and I'm you're mother.



I summoned all my strength to restrain myself from laughing my bleeps off at my thoughts.



I stared at his hands for a good five seconds and look back at his face.



He pulled his hand back and rubbed his neck."So, what's your name again?"he inquired.



"I'm Hara and I'm outta here."I said and tried to walk pass through him but he caught my arms swiftly.



"No you're not,"he said seriously.



"I'm not what?"I asked and glared at him.



"You're not Hara and you're not outta here, as yourself put it."he said.



"What the hell are you saying?"



"You're Cupid and you're staying."



"Yeah sure wacko,"I muttered under my breath.



"Good job! Keep that attitude and rot yourself in here forever." Onew said, clapping his hands enthusiastically.



"Oh well Mister CUPID, I'm sorry but do I look like someone in the mood to joke with you? Can you just please stop your lame jokes and tell me where the exit is and we're all good here."



"Sorry missy, but you can't leave until you finish your mission."Onew said.



"I told you,"the guy from earlier who was watching all along butted in.



I turned to him angrily."Who asked you?!"I scowled a him.



"Who is this jerk anyways?"I asked Onew.



"He's Nickhun hyung."



"Psh, whatever."I rolled my eyes.



"Aish! When will this dream be over? I want to wake up already."I whispered to myself as I widen my eyes much as I can to wake myself up.



But then, Onew suddenly moved closer to me and pinched my arm. Hard.



"Hey, OUCH! That hurts!"I whined while rubbing my throbbing arm.



"Its supposed to hurt. That is to prove to you that you're not dreaming. This is real life, missy."Onew said while patting my shoulders in a comforting(?) manner.



I brushed his hands off me. "What are you talking about? This drama can't be real."I roamed my eyes around. On the other side of the room, a group of people was listening to a certain woman with rapt attention. It seems like whatever that woman was saying was very important.



"You should be doing what they are doing."Onew said.



"And what exactly is that?"I questioned.



"They're having an orientation about the SOP's and rules they need to know. And after a while, their individual missions will be carried out. Stick with them for awhile."Onew explained. "So you can get your mission too."he added.



"Aish! Mission, mission, MISSION! Mention that that word again and imma slit your throat in no time. I'm not a undercover agent for prick's sake! What mission are you talking about."I screamed at Onew's face.


Onew stared at Nickhun in horror.


"Oh my CHICKEN! Nobody briefed her?!"Onew exclaimed.


"Oh well, I tried, but failed miserably because this girl was one hell of a duck."Nickhun replied.


"And what the hell was that suppose to mean?"I turned him angrily.


"Well, you know. All I heard from you was quack, quack, QUACK."he answered with an annoying face.


"YAH!"I shouted.


"Aha! Another one of those huh?"Onew smirked knowingly.


"Yeah, we get them all the time."Nickhun shrugged.


"Hey, hey, I'm here you know."I said.


"I'll take care of this,"Onew sighed in defeat. "Come with me,"he said and pulling my wrist.


"Where and why?"I pulled back.


"Just shut up and come with me,"he said gritting his teeth, in an obviously annoyed tone.



=====================================================================================================
 

"You got to be kidding me."After what Onew told me, I had another reason to believe that everything that is happening is just one incredible dream.


And what exactly did he said?


He said that my mission was to help a certain dude to believe in love again.


Yeah right!


There's no way in hell I'll believe that crap.


"Here's the catch,"Onew must've sense that I'm not taking anything seriously. "If you don't succeed in this mission, you will be assigned another one and another one, until you get it right. That goes without saying you'll be trapped on this plane or dimension or whatever you may choose to call it while you're doing what you're suppose to do."he lectured.


"Yeah, sure."I snickered.


He glared at me.


Wow, I never thought he can sport a scary look.


He look pissed.


So I forced myself to listen to him. And I can't believe my ears. According to him, my mission was to help a certain Choi Minho dude to believe in love again. The guy had been burned, not just once but twice. Because of that, it seemed he had closed his mind, and his heart, to the possibility of finding happiness in love.


"Look at them,"he motioned his hands towards the group of people we saw before. "Like you, they also have a mission to fulfill."


"Where am I really?"I asked. Heaven help of but I'm starting to believe that I'm not in just some kind of dream.


"This place is non existent in the real world. You can say we are on a different plane of existence."he explained.


"Get real!"I still can't believe anything that's happening.


"This is real as it gets. And here is why you are being given this mission."Onew replied matter of factly.


Onew clapped his hands and a what seems like a movie projector appeared in front of us. Or maybe it was more like a hologram. Scenes from my life, especially those concerning my love life, flashed before my very eyes. There was a recurring theme in all of them and as I saw the pattern, I started to feel ashamed. It showed how I toyed with men's affections, how I encouraged their attention just because it boosted my ego and not because I was genuinely interested in them.


"Know what? It's so hard to make a real love connection. Many people are desperately seeking that one very special person they can make a connection with. There are plenty of obstacles proved insurmountable and no love connection is made. In every love story that has succeeded, more than a dozen has already failed. For you to treat love as if it was just a game, is a terrible offence against the ones who do the work. That's why you should feel and undergo what they had to go through and maybe you'll know how important love is once you make one."he finished the sentence with a smile.


"I had no idea,"I mumbled softly, slightly feeling the guilt.


"Now you have. But its not enough for you to feel remorse. You will have to walk the walk."


"I can't refuse?"I asked.


"Its not an option."he shrugged.


"Whatever happened to free will?"I asked sarcastically.

He gave me a look."Oh, okay. Technically, you have a choice. You can choose not to do the job assigned to you but you also have to face the consequence and that is staying here."he stated


"Wait, how about my life? I mean my life in the real world?"


"Your life in the real world is in a state of suspended animation. Don't ask me to explain the technicalities because that would only give us both a raging headache."he explained. "For now let's say that you do not exist on the real world. Which means you can stay here as long as you like. Or should I say, as long as you needed to."he added nonchalantly as if he's saying normal things.


I gaped at him, mouth wide open.


What he said to me just now had a scary ring to it. And for the first time since I got here, I had a feeling this fella meant exactly what he was saying.


"W-what do I have to do to make that guy believe in love again?"I just found myself asking that question.


"Finally!"Onew shouted blissfully."Come with me. You will get to see his life. After that I can make suggestions or think some ways on your own. Its up to you."


"But how can I help him?"I was so confused what kind of mission I was up to.


"I'll tell you all about it after you see some video clips of his life."


"Video clips?"


"Yeah, were pretty techie in here too, ya know."he smiled sheepishly.


Onew excused himself for a while when someone called him.


I was left alone, disconcerted.


Oh boy! What have I gotten to?!


I pulled my hair in despair.


I got a feeling that this would be a wild, bumpy ride, one which I had no idea where I would end up.

 

 

=====================================================================================================

lots of love to new subscribers!

sungminyeobo, navita, sweet,_ginger, jaenijaya angel_barbie YoTaeHee