Day 3

Pillar of Hope


"Wow Eomma is really going too far.."

Soonyoung sighed. I just finished telling my story to Soonyoung and Jihoon. I was in tears. I had Mingyu cacooning me, patting my back. 

"Its okay Haeun. You have Mingyu. I trust him,"

Jihoon said,looking at the bingsu and taking a spoonful into his mouth. It was rare for Jihoon to speak now that he was going through a "phase" according to Soonyoung.  I wiped the tears from my eyes. Coyly,the same waitress came and said,

"The store will be closing in 10 minutes. Any last orders?"

"I'll make the payment now,"

Soonyoung said with a straight face when he noticed that the waitress was giving him suggesting looks. The waitress guided him to the counter.  

"Mingyu. If you ever let my sister be in trouble, I swear I'll rip your throat out. I'm warning you,"

Jihoon said,glaring at Mingyu. I swear I could hear Mingyu gulp his saliva. 

"I'll make sure to come over quite often so that doesn't happen,"

Suddenly, Jihoon's phone rang. He replied a few times before he got up from the table and ran to Soonyoung. He told something to him before busting out of the place. Soonyoung walked back with a smile. 

"Don't mind him, he has his duties,"

He said. I gave him a questioning look. 

"I'll tell you in the bus, Mingyu you don't mind me staying over for a while right?"

"Sure, why not? There's no school tomorrow anyways,"

We headed out of the store and headed to the bus stop nearby. 

"If you're wondering why Jihoon is acting this way..Well, its because he works as,"

he leaned in closer to me and Mingyu,

"An assassin,"

He leaned back. 

"He has been doing that for the few months since Appa was taken away. He says its a way to release his anger. I don't know how he became like this but I'm pretty sure that the job made him this way,"

I covered my mouth in shock. I couldn't believe that my small brother was an assassin. Why did he chose that type of job? Couldn't he have chosen another one that included lesser violence? To my realisation, I remembered that Jihoon had a black belt in taekwondo and hapkido so maybe I shouldn't be worried. But one thing struck my mind: Where was Appa?

 



"Earth to Haeun? Do you copy?"

I saw a hand waving in front of my face. It was Soonyoung. 

"You know what Mingyu? Haeun should go to her new home. She seems like she needs her rest. She's been through a lot today,"

Soonyoung said and shook Mingyu's hand. I gave Soonyoung a tight hug before bidding him goodbye. Mingyu and I boarded the bus home. We sat at the back and soon enough, I fell asleep on Mingyu's shoulder. 

 



"Haeun,we're here. Get up babe,"

Mingyu said, patting my hair slightly. I woke up and got up from the seat. After a few minutes we arrived at Mingyu's house. Did I mention that he lives alone? Well, his parents decided that it would be good for him to live alone and be independent. Also...cause his
parents are filthy rich. 

"Mingyu, why haven't you brought me here?"

"I don't want to let you see my spoiltness. It's embarrassing,"

"Gyu,you don't need to do that. You're perfect the way you are,"

I said and held his cheek in my palm. He leaned into my palm and closed his eyes. There he was. The innocent Kim Mingyu. He looked so innocent and pure I wondered to myself how he actually fell in love with him. He stood up straight and smiled at me. 

"Do you want to see your room? I prepared it for you... actually more like the maids prepared it but I made sure that it is perfect,"

"Sure Gyu,"

I smiled at him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to my room. I stumbled a few times but I eventually had to run although Mingyu was just speed walking. Why does he have such long legs?

He suddenly turned back and I bumped into his chest. He apologized and closed my eyes with his large hands. 

"Slowly walk forward,"

I moved my feet step by step until i felt the edge of a door scratching my feet. I heard a door swing open. 
Suddenly, Mingyu let go of his hands and I was shocked to see the room before my eyes. 

 


 

It was a room I always dreamt of. Fairy lights hung on the wall above the bed. A string of polaroids of our previous dates hung under it. A big white bed. A clean study table. It was the bedroom I always dreamt of. 

"Gyu,this is too much,"

I said, pulling him into a tight hug and he hugged me back. 

"It's okay Haeun..it's all for you. You know i would do anything for you,"

he replied,kissing my hair. He told me to get changed into my pajamas before going down for a light supper and left the room,closing the door behind me. I quickly shoved  and grabbed my sleeping shorts and a black shirt before hurriedly putting them after taking off my previous outfit. I undid the rubber bands holding my hair together and combed my fingers through my hair making sure it was decent enough. 

I texted Gyu. 

Haeun:Gyu, can you pick me up from my room? I'm scared I'll get lost ;-;

Gyu:You're already ready?! I haven't even put my shirt on..

Haeun:You can just come to me like that babe ;)

Gyu: If you wish ma lady;)))

I smiled creepily at my phone and waited by the door. In no time, a half Mingyu appeared in front of my face. His chiseled abs were so tempting to touch but I ended up just staring at them. 

"You can take a pic it'll last longer babe,"

Mingyu said with a smirk and nearly died inside. 

"No worries..I don't think I would need them since I live with you now,"

I smiled at him. I linked arms with him and we walked to the kitchen together.

"What do you want? Sandwiches? Soup?"

"Anything,"

I admired him as he put on the loose shirt he was holding on the way to the kitchen. Underneath the shirt were his oh-so prominent collarbones which I loved so much.
I put my hands on my hands like a flower and I stared at him preparing the food.

Soon enough, I was presented with a bowl of potato salad. 

"I'm not too sure of my cooking skills but I hope this is good enough,"

I stabbed a potato onto my fork and I ate it. It tasted like heaven in my mouth and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. 

"Damn Gyu, why are you so perfect?"

I said, like a drunk person. Honestly the potatoes were good but my eyes were drooping after a rough day. Soon enough, I out. 

 


 

Mingyu's POV

"Damn Gyu, why are you so perfect?"

Haeun said with a sultry voice. 

"Thanks but this isn't exactly the best I've done,"

I said,whilst putting on my gloves to wash the dishes. Moments afterwards, I heard something bang on the table and when I turned around, I saw Haeun's head lying on the table with her hair covering her beautiful face. I pulled off my gloves and walked to her sleeping figure and carried her in my arms and walked to her room. I could she hasn't been eating since she was super light. 

"I need to cook more for her,"

I thought to myself. When we reached her room, I gently put her down on her bed and covered her with a blanket. After making sure she was cozy, I planted a light kiss on her forehead and proceeded to walk out the door when I heard a word from Haeun.

"Eomma,"

 


A/N:

Sorry for the delay in the chapter. I know it may not be the best but I've been struggling to find time to write it since I've been busy with exams and projects;-; I hope I can update soon but no guarantees cause I've got my finals coming up real soon. Thanks for reading!:)