Day 2

Pillar of Hope

"You are going break up with Mingyu. He's too good for you. You're aren't worth his time. If you don't I'll make sure you don't enter the house again,"

"Eomma, he's been here for me all this while when you do this to me! You have been belittling me all my life! Don't you ever pity me? Aren't I your only daughter that actually stayed with you even though I have to deal with your insults everyday? Aren't you happy that I actually exist?"

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to just let my feelings pour out of me. I couldn't take it anymore. I was tired of having to live like this. 

"Although its true that you're my only daughter, I don't really think you behave like one. You always think that I'm always bad. Truth is, you're just a burden living in my house. If you think Mingyu really loves you, leave my house. Go to his house! If he doesn't let you in, I will never let you in my house! You will be homeless and you will realise that how lucky you are!"

She stormed out of the room. I sat on the tough bed and cried. Not only have I lost my mom, but also my home. All the memories of me and my two elder brothers playing together in the living room. My dad who used to smile at us while sitting on his favorite armchair. My mom who used to smile. All gone. 

 


 

*Flashback*

 

"Soonyoung oppa! Give me the Lego!"

"Haeun! Its mine!"

"Hyung! Give me some too!"

"Jihoon go away!"

Me and my two older brothers fought. Although we were the closest of siblings,we would always quarrel over the smallest of things. Whether it was Soonyoung stealing Jihoon's crayons or us fighting over the last donut, we would always care for each other. We promised each other to never part even if our parents separated and even until now we still remain in contact. 

 



"Haeun-ah, do you want to meet up with Jihoon and I at the bingsu store tomorrow? I miss seeing my sister,"

"Sure,I'll just get permission from Eomma...just kidding. I'll cover up by saying I'm going out with Mingyu tomorrow..is it okay if I bring him along?"

"Mingyu? Your boyfriend? Sure! We haven't seen the man before!"

I smiled as I heard my brother's reply. I ended the call after discussing the time to be there tomorrow. 

Haeun: Gyu, do you want to meet my brothers at the bingsu shop tomorrow at 8?

Gyu: Sure babe, I'll meet you at the bus stop near your house. 

Haeun: Night babe. See you tomorrow:)

Gyu: It's nice to see you smile before you sleep even through text. Dream of me~

I smiled at my screen. I couldn't wait for tomorrow. Hopefully Eomma allows me to go out for a while. Its my last day here after all. I told Mingyu about Eomma kicking me out and he happily agreed in taking me in. He even sweared upon his heart to take care of me at all costs. 

 


 

I packed up the last few boxes of my things and stacked them near the door. 

"Eomma, I'll be going out with Mingyu tomorrow at 8..I'll be back by 11. The movers will come to pick up my stuff at 9"

"Do whatever you want. I dont care anymore,"

 


 

I put on my favorite flannel over my black shirt and my black shorts. 

"This should be okay,I'll just braid my hair and bring my black sling bag,"

I thought to myself. After spending 15 minutes doing a double French braid and another 15 minutes doing my dark makeup look,I grabbed my bag and put my phone and my other necessities in it. I dashed out of my room and grabbed my black boots along the way to the door. 

"I'll be going!"

I shouted,as a ritual. I looked at the boxes waiting by the door. I was going to leave my mom soon. I stepped out of the house. This house no longer was my home. It now belongs to my mother. My mother who just happened to give birth to me. 

 


 

I walked to the bus stop nearby to spot someone leaning on a pole. It was Mingyu. He was wearing a white shirt with a black knitted cardigan and ripped black jeans. He looked so perfect. Like an angel. 

"Gyu!"

Mingyu's head turned as I shouted his name. I ran into his arms and embraced him for a bit before releasing him. He patted my head and kissed my forehead. 

"How is everything? Are you coming back to my place after this?"

"Yeah.. the movers are leaving my stuff at your house at 11,"

I frowned. 

"Haeun-ah,don't frown. At least I'm here for you,"

He said,lifting my chin up with his pointer finger and kissed my lips lightly. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the bus. I paid the bus fare and we sat at the back together. 

 


 

"Eunnie!"

I felt two arms hugging me from the back. I could recognize the voice too well. It was Soonyoung, my eldest brother. He released me from his tight hug and I turned around to see my two brothers smiling at me. I smiled back and hugged both of them tightly. Mingyu gave me a questioning look. 

"Gyu, these two idiots are Soonyoung and Jihoon. The guy with the 10:10 eyes is Soonyoung and the smaller one is Jihoon,"

"I'm not that small! I'm still taller than you Haeun!"

Jihoon looked up at Mingyu. 

"Is my sister dating a giant?"

He thought. 

After introducing each other, we went into the store. We sat down and ordered our bingsu. 

"One choco banana and one patbingsu,"

Soonyoung said,while staring at the menu. 

"Eun? How about you?"

"I'm not sure...I'll share with Gyu,"

"One choco banana please,"

Mingyu ordered. We handed the menus to the waitress. 

"So what is happening with mom?"

Soonyoung asked,resting his chin on his hands and Jihoon sat there staring at me, intently listening. 

"I got kicked out,"

"What?!"

 



A/N:

9 subscribers already? Thank you so much for the support!!! Sorry for the short chapters and the late update cause I have exams coming up but I'll promise to update as quickly as possible as I can:)