The First Chapter

Life is a Gamble....

It was the day I was waiting for, the day I am finally going to go to Seoul and live by myself and go to Seoul University, all thanks to my parents for letting me go. "Make sure you go and eat and stay away from any trouble out in the world" said her mother, the last words before she left to Seoul, Korea. 

“I am finally here” said So Eun as she was looking at the school building, she was happy and walk inside on her first day at the University.

So Eun got done with her first day and was feeling confident, it was already getting dark, So Eun went to go tour around on her first week in Seoul, she wanted to get to know the place so if anything she know her way around when she gets lost.

As she was walking around taking photos, she was really surprise at how beautiful Seoul is. “I don’t want to leave this place ever” said So Eun. She sent a picture message to her parents.

“Look, isn’t this place so beautiful” as they saw So Eun in a photo with a beautiful attraction, “honey look it’s our Jiyeon,” said her father, her mother look, “she is so happy there” said her mother, “neh, it was a great choice of her to go abroad” said her father.

“Where should I go to now” said Jiyeon, it was already dark and not a lot of people were out, she was in a street alone and all of a sudden a lot of guys bunch around her, she stop and look up at them, “what do you guys want?” ask So Eun.

“Now why would a beautiful girl like you be alone in the streets, don’t you know that it’s scary to walk alone” said the guy.

“Please leave me alone” said So Eun.

The guys started laughing, “did you guys hear that, she said for us to leave her alone, oh poor thing, who does she think she is?” said one of the guys.

So Eun push one of the guys out of the way and started running, “get her! And if you do she is mine” as the guy demanded his guys to catch her for him.

So Eun was in panic mode, she didn’t know where to go she just kept running away, not knowing that she took herself to a danger, error, end of the road place, “what, no, no, no” said So Eun.

“Oh look here, missy trapped herself, what a coincident, you guys can go and guard the area, I’ll do my business here” said the main guy, everyone else listen to him and guard the place while he did his thing.

“Please, don’t do anything to me; I’m begging you” cried So Eun, “be quiet” said one of the guy, “please, help me! Help me! Ahh!” those cries of So Eun, asking for help.

The guy was struggling trying to take off So Eun’s clothes because she was fighting back.

“Help me! Help me!” those cries of So Eun, a man ran towards that way, when he finally reach to where the cries were, he saw a girl about to get . It was only him, yet he decided to go and help her.

He ran and kicks one of the body guards, the man stop and look and his body guards were fighting a man. When he was looking So Eun bit his arm, “ah!” said the man, So Eun pushed him away and was trying to get out.

“Where do you think you’re going” said the man as he grabbed So Eun and punched her in the stomach. So Eun felt all that pain in her, the man saw the guy punch her.

“Soo Hyuk!” said his close friend as he came running and kicked one of the guys, Soo Hyuk ran to the guy that was carrying So Eun. As the guy put So Eun down, Soo Hyuk kicked him and started beating him up.

He then grabs So Eun “Hello? Hello? Wake up, are you okay?” ask Soo Hyuk as he was lightly slapping So Eun’s face, but she was knocked out.

Soo Hyuk had no choice but to carry So Eun and run away. His good friend Lee Joon ran along with them. “Ya, you go that way and I go that, okay” said Soo Hyuk, “ya” said Lee Joon, “just do it, trust me, I’ll see you back at home” said Soo Hyuk, “okay, be safe” said Lee Joon as he ran left and Soo Hyuk ran right.

Soo Hyuk and So Eun finally got to safety, he made sure no one was following them and went inside his own house. Lee Joon was waiting for Soo hyuk at his parent’s house where they both usually live. They were seniors in College; it was their last year being in college.

Soo Hyuk was looking at So Eun and she was bruised and her clothes were all torn, he didn’t want to touch her to give her the wrong vibe so he waited for her to wake up.

“Lee Joon?” said Soo Hyuk’s mother, “oh, hello madam” said Lee Joon, “where is Soo Hyuk?” ask his mother.

“I really don’t know, he said he should be home soon” said Lee Joon, “okay” said is mother, she left and Lee Joon gave that oh my gosh look because he thought he was going to get in trouble.

“That guy better come home soon” said Lee Joon as he tries calling Soo Hyuk.

Although they were the descendent of warriors, they stopped living like that for a while now because they’re in Korea and they own a lot of buildings in Korea. They still go back to Japan in the summer to visit their facility there.

So Eun woke up and she didn’t know where she is so got up quickly, Soo Hyuk look at So Eun and walk towards her, “you are finally awake, here are some clothes for you to change” said Soo Hyuk, “who are you?” ask So Eun in a panic voice.

“Don’t you remember, I am the person who saved you from those thugs” said Soo Hyuk, “you did?” said So Eun, “yes, if I didn’t hear your cries I wouldn’t have come save you” said Soo Hyuk.

So Eun was thankful that someone like him came to help her and heard her cries, “what?” ask Soo Hyuk, “nothing, I am going to go change, thank you for helping me and thanks for your clothes” said So Eun.

“Bathroom is over there” said Soo Hyuk, So Eun followed that direction and changed her clothes. She got out and was looking at his clothes, Soo Hyuk look at her and started to giggle.

“Ya don’t even laugh, I don’t even know who you are and where I am, I need to get home” said So Eun.

Soo Hyuk got up and walk towards her and she was kind of startle, “My name is Lee Soo Hyuk, and I am guessing your name is Kim So Eun, yeah I went through your stuff and it looks like you aren’t from around here” said Soo Hyuk.

“You went through my stuff?” ask So Eun, “is that so bad?” ask Soo Hyuk, “kind of, it’s rude” said So Eun, “well I am sorry, forgive me?” Ask Soo Hyuk, “Fine, since I am in debt for you, for saving my life” said So Eun.

“In debt huh?” ask Soo Hyuk, “yeah, you save my life and I will do anything you want until I am out of debt” said So Eun.

Soo Hyuk crossed his arms and was nodding his head, “okay, if you want to put it that way, whatever I want and when I want it, make sure you can do it okay” said Soo Hyuk.

“Of course, well Soo Hyuk…. I need to go home now” said So Eun, “is there someone waiting for you at home?” Ask Soo Hyuk, “no, I live alone and I got to go to school tomorrow” said So Eun, “you’re in high school?” ask Soo Hyuk, “no what do I look like, a kid, I came here for college, I finish two years of college, just finishing up my last two at a University.

“Ah, okay, living alone, isn’t that lonely, you don’t have any friends?” Ask Soo Hyuk, “no I don’t, I haven’t made any yet too” said So Eun, “Well, I will be a friend of yours since you don’t have one friend, is that okay with you?” ask Soo Hyuk, “sure” said So Eun, “I put my number on your phone and I have your number, if you need anything or any help call me okay chingu” said Soo Hyuk.

So Eun look at her phone and then look at her, “let me take you home, it’s not safe for a girl to be walking around alone in the dark” said Soo Hyuk, “thank you” said So Eun as she got her stuff and got into Soo Hyuk’s car.

“Where do you live?” ask Soo Hyuk, “I’ll guide you the way” said So Eun as she guided him to her house.

“Wow, you live in a place like this?” ask Soo Hyuk, “neh, is something wrong with it?” ask So Eun, “no it actually looks small and cozy from the outside” said Soo Hyuk, “thank you very much for taking me home” Said So Eun.

“Your welcome, go inside and get wash up and apply ointment on your bruises okay” said Soo Hyuk, “thank you, drive safe and you have a good night” said So Eun as she got out of the car and went inside her house.