The lifestyle of a world star

Love wins all

 

KIM TAEHYUNG

 

 

The applause still rang in my ears as the last echoes of my song faded, filling the air with charged emotion. The energy from the crowd, a vibrant mix of cheers and shouts, continued to send shivers through me.

— Thank you, you are amazing ! I shouted, a broad smile lighting up my face as I waved to the crowd one last time.

Backstage, my manager, Madison, was waiting with her usual serious demeanor, but I noticed a glint of pride in her eyes.

— Excellent performance, V, she told me while smoothing out my wrinkled shirt. You really outdid yourself tonight. The audience was captivated.

I nodded, catching my breath after the intensity of the performance.

— I hope it's enough for the rest of the tour, I replied, brushing a strand of hair from my forehead.

— From what I've seen, I'm convinced you're going to set every city we visit on fire, Jennie said, glancing at her phone. By the way, you have a few interviews tomorrow morning, so make sure to rest well tonight.

— More interviews ? I said, a tired smile forming on my lips. I was hoping to get some more sleep.

She winked at me.

— That's the game. The more in-demand you are, the better it is for the promo. But don't worry, I'll schedule some downtime for you tomorrow afternoon.

As we left the building, the adrenaline slowly began to subside, giving way to a satisfying fatigue. The stars shone above the city, the night greeting me with a cool breeze. The tour bus awaited us, its interior lights promising a haven of peace after the storm of applause.

I slumped into a plush armchair, closed my eyes for a moment, letting my mind wander. The music, the cheers of the crowd, Madison's smile, everything seemed to float in perfect harmony. This world of stages and songs is demanding, but I love it passionately.

— Want something to drink ? Madison asked, pulling two bottles of water from the fridge.

— Yes, thanks, I murmured, taking a long sip. After a concert, even a simple bottle of water can seem miraculous.

Madison sat opposite me, her eyes searching mine.

— And after the tour, have you thought about what you'd like to do? A new album, or maybe some time off ?

I took a moment to think. The tour dominated my current life, but the future was an ocean of possibilities.

— Maybe some time for myself, I finally said. Time to create without pressure. But yes, there will be new songs. Music never really leaves me.

She smiled, nodding gently.

— That's what makes you an artist, V. Even at rest, you're never really far from your music.

As the bus started up and we pulled away from the city, I felt grateful. The road stretched endlessly before us, each city representing a new chapter, each stage a new emotion to share. The bus rolled through the night, and my thoughts drifted to the next steps of the tour. New York, Chicago, Los Angeles... each name evoked a different crowd, a new challenge to meet.

Madison, attentive, broke the silence.

— Do you think you can perform the new piece in Los Angeles ? I know it's still a work in progress, but it could be a highlight.

I considered the new song I had started these last few weeks, an introspective work that explored my inner struggles, my journey not only as an artist but also as a person.

— I think so, I replied. It's almost ready. It could really make an impact.

— Perfect, she said, tapping on her laptop. I'll arrange the necessary setups with the tech team to make this moment unforgettable.

Jennie's unwavering support was a blessing; she was the pillar I often leaned on in this tumultuous world. The conversation then turned to logistics, an area where Madison excelled, planning each detail with almost surgical precision.

— And don't forget, after L.A., you have two days off. That might be the perfect opportunity to visit that art exhibition you were talking about the other day, she suggested.

— That sounds like a perfect plan, I replied. A bit of culture to nourish the soul.

The rest of the journey passed in a calm atmosphere, each mile bringing us closer to our next destination, each conversation bringing me closer to what I sought to achieve, not only as an artist but as an individual seeking his place in a constantly evolving world.

As the lights of the next city began to twinkle in the distance, I was overwhelmed by a sense of gratitude. Thanks to the fans, to Jennie, to everyone involved in this adventure, I was living my dream. The road was not always easy, but every moment of doubt was swept away by the smiles of the spectators, the raised hands, the hearts beating in unison with every note played.

I then promised myself, in the silence of the night, that, no matter the difficulties to come, I would give everything to make each show memorable, to touch every heart with my music. This was my promise, my commitment to the life I had chosen.

As the tour bus glided along the highway, wrapped in the darkness of the night, my mind kept returning to what Madison had said. The new piece in Los Angeles, a city known for its demanding audience, would be a test for me. It could mark a turning point, not just for the tour, but perhaps for my career.

The silence on the bus only amplified the resonance of my thoughts, interrupted only by the rumblings of the engine and Madison's occasional murmurs, busy planning the details of our next stop. As we drew closer to Los Angeles, my mind focused on the presentation of the new piece, but also on a greater revelation: the release of my next album. It had been scheduled to come out by last summer, but for some reason, we had to postpone the deadline, and since then my fans had been clamoring for news about this elusive album.

— I think it's time to start talking about the album, I said, capturing Madison's attention. It's a collection of what I've felt and learned in recent years, and each song is a fragment of my personal journey.

Madison, shutting her laptop, turned to me, her eyes sparkling with interest.

— Have you thought about how you want to announce it? You know, it could really create a nice momentum just before the bulk of the tour.

— Yes, I've thought about it, I replied. I want the announcement to be made at the concert in Los Angeles. It will be the final piece, followed by an official announcement. I want the fans to hear the music first, to feel the essence of the album before they even know it's on the way.

— That's an excellent idea, V. That will give the song and the announcement an even greater impact, Madison agreed. I'll prepare the media and ensure the news is shared at the optimal moment. We could also consider a small series of posts on social media to tease a few snippets in the days leading up to it.

The rest of the journey was spent in strategic discussions, planning every detail of the announcement and album release. Jennie was unmatched in the art of coordination, ensuring that every aspect was flawless, from concert logistics to communication with the press and fans.

As we finally arrived in Los Angeles, the city presented itself as a vibrant backdrop for what was destined to be one of the most significant moments of my career. I spent the day before the concert in intense rehearsals, fine-tuning every note of the new song, every gesture to make sure everything was perfect. Madison, for her part, made sure everything went smoothly.

The evening of the concert came quickly. The venue was packed, the atmosphere electric, every seat occupied by a fan anticipating the performance. The show went off without a hitch, and as the evening progressed, my anticipation for the big reveal only grew.

Finally, the moment came. The first notes of the new song resonated through the venue, capturing everyone's attention immediately. The music was intimate, almost confessional, and I could feel the audience fully immersed in the experience. When the song ended, a respectful silence settled in, quickly replaced by a burst of sustained applause.

I took a deep breath, my heart racing with excitement and apprehension, and began.

— Thank you all for being here tonight, I started, my voice ringing clearly through the hall. What you just heard is part of my upcoming album, which will be released very soon. This album is the most personal to date, and I can't wait for you all to hear every song.

The announcement triggered a new wave of applause, joyful shouts ringing through the venue. The excitement was palpable, and I felt overwhelmed by a sense of gratitude and achievement.

After the concert, as the last echoes of applause faded and I found myself again in the quiet of the bus, I felt serene. The weight of anticipation had been replaced by the certainty of a job well done. The immediate feedback on social media was overwhelmingly positive, with fans expressing their impatience and excitement for the upcoming album.

— You did an incredible job, V, Madison said, joining me with a broad smile. It was perfect.

I nodded, a tired but satisfied smile lighting up my face.

— Thank you, Maddie. Without your support and planning, none of this would have been possible.

As the bus started up, leaving Los Angeles behind us, I leaned against the window, watching the city lights fade into the distance. The road ahead was still long, but I was ready for what came next, armed with new songs, new dreams, and a community of fans who, I knew, would be by my side at every step of my life.