Lilac Sky [2]

One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The purple and pink sky splatter in the sky as if it was their blank canvas to put color with. The two colors made a beautiful hue in the sky. It was amazing and appealing to the eyes of everyone though no matter how Chaeyoung lost count of how many she already witnessed this kind of scenery, Chaeyoung, in no doubt, could call it beautiful numerous times.

 

Chaeyoung suddenly remembered the poem she'd read not too long ago.

 

'You were red and you liked me because I was blue. You touched me and suddenly I was lilac sky.

Then you decided purple wasn't for you.'

 

It clearly tells how much it suits the poem's situation to her. They were happy, they were to the point where they talked about raising their own child though it will take a fortune to create one, but Chaeyoung still dreams up until now to have it with her. Because she doesn't see anyone that could pass the standard Mina set up for her. In simple words, she doesn't see anyone to love other than Mina.

 

But what she witnessed a week ago made her world come crashing down. She did expect it to happen because in five years anything could happen and everything could change. She was hurt, knowing well that she met her husband, let alone met their son accidentally, hurt like hell.

 

It brings all the memories she had buried years ago. The walls she built to protect herself from the inevitable pain, her already healed heart from the pain years ago, all came crashing down in a single day. It took her years to regain herself back, but it seems like she had to go back to where it all began. It hunted her. Her past she tried to forget hunted her.

 

 

The family was normally having their breakfast one day when suddenly in the middle of the conversation between Mina and Mingyu, Chaemin, out of nowhere, blurted out that she wanted to see Chaeyoung again.

 

"P-pardon?" Mina blinked, she could see Mingyu glancing at her way with concern in his eyes.

 

Chaemin lazily poked the half eaten egg while shrugging, making his statement nonchalantly. "She's my only friend. I wanna visit her again." He trailed off. He glanced at his parents, eyes silently begging them to say yes.

 

Mina looked away, whenever his eyes swam with so much emotion–where she already knew what he's silently telling her– it reminded her of Chaeyoung. To begin with, they really resemble each other.

 

Mina mindlessly eats her food, "We don't know where she lives, baby."

 

"But I remember she mentioned that she works near the park where we met last time."

 

Mingyu, on the other hand, was amusedly watching them– or like watching Mina internally struggle dealing with Chaemin regarding with his other parents.

 

Mina sighs, side glancing at Mingyu who just shrugged as he ate his food, but the sly smirk didn't leave her sight. "She might be busy, baby." She caressed his face, trying to coo him.

 

Chaemin scowl which made Mina and Mingyu look at him with a surprise look etched in their faces. Mina watches as his face slowly frowns as if he's in deep thinking and struggling to form the right word to say.

 

This kind of expression was too familiar to her. Because Chaeyoung does this– frowning while her lips are in thin line. She does this when they argue, whether it's big or small, Chaeyoung tends to calm herself first by frowning like she's mentally forming a right choice of words.

 

"Might," Chaemin blurted out, looking at his parents briefly before averting his eyes on his plate. "You told me yourself, Mommy, that she might be busy. And you always told me that we wouldn't know if we didn't try."

 

Mina and Mingyu look at each other.

 

"So please Mommy, let's go find where she works. I wanted to thank her, too."

 

And that's what brought them in front of "Coffee & Buns". They had asked people around the street if there's a nearby cafe and all of them pointed it out. It seems that it was quite a popular cafe.

 

"Let's go."

 

Chaemin had dragged them inside, creating a loud ringing from the bell that was attached to the glass door. Mina smiled apologetically as they made their way to the counter. Mingyu is just chuckling, he's not really helping.

 

As they made their turn, Mina asked for their order, a strawberry frappe for Chaemin and two americano for them. When she received her change, Chaemin butted in.

 

"Is there a name Son Chaeyoung that's working here?" Chaemin fidgeted, eyes were clearly anticipating.

 

"Chaeyoung?" The cashier asked, Chaemin nodding excitedly. "She's in the kitchen, she'll be here in a minute. Do you want me to call her?"

 

"A–"

 

"Yes, please!"

 

Mina could only give the person a lip-tight-smile while Mingyu gave Chaemin a high-five in which Mina rolled eye on.

 

When Chaeyoung came out from the back, she was completely unaware of why she was called for, she was drying her hands, eyes were obviously curious but once it met Mina's, the former stopped and held her gaze.

 

Mingyu cleared his throat to cut off whatever their staring contest, Chaeyoung was the one who looked away. "Chaemin, Chaeyoung is here." He leaned a bit down and whispered to him.

 

The little man tiptoed, earning a giggle from his both parents. Mingyu patted his head, smiling.

 

"Hi, sorry for coming here and asking for you unannounced, but Chaemin wanted to see you." MIna gestured to her son who was already smiling widely at Chaeyoung while in Mingyu's arms.

 

Chaeyoung was speechless, she didn't really expect to see them again. She never wishes to see them, but seems like all the deities trying to make the world smaller for them to meet again. But for what reason?

 

She didn't know how to reply to that so the word she formed was, "S-sure." And thank God her co-worker interrupted them by saying their orders were ready so Chaeyoung guided them to their table before giving their orders.

 

"Is there anything you want?" Chaeyoung asked, a small smile playing on her lips because they look like a happy family.

 

"No, that's all." Mingyu responded. "But this little guy here has been bugging us to find and see you. I don't know for what more reason than thanking you for what you did." Mingyu turned to Chaemin who was drinking his iced chocolate drink.

 

"We finally found Chaeyoung and you already see her, is there anything else you want to say or do? Because Chaeyoung is really busy at the moment." Mina wiped off his lips, smiling fondly at her son.

 

"I...is it bad to spend more time with you?" Chaemin fidget on his drink. "Y-you're only my friend at the moment and I don't want to be stuck at Mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter