Golden Hour

Perfect Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9

 

        Feeling restless, Yujin went to the kitchen to get a glass of cold water and Wonyoung had counted it,  “Yah, Yujin, that’s your eleventh glass in three hours, that’s not normal,”  the friend followed and walked into the kitchen to check the restless one.

 

 

“You sure you’re good?”  Wonyoung asked, no teasing, not being naughty, just genuinely, she’s concerned.

 

 

Yujin’s facial expression since earlier gives off a different vibe, and Wonyoung thought,  “Was it because I filmed your… not-so-embarrassing acts?”  She wanted to laugh, but the way Yujin eyed her is saying ‘don’t dare’.

 

 

“It’s not that…”  Yujin pulled the chair and sat there, upon resting her body down, she let out a sigh.

 

 

Wonyoung turned the television off and sat across Yujin in the dinning area, she looked at her for a moment, but a chuckle escaped through her when, “Why am I like this?”  Yujin questioned herself.

 

 

“Is it still because of it?”

 

 

“You’re really faze about it?”  Pertaining to what happened during the surgery earlier morning, Wonyoung asked. This time, it is more serious.

 

 

“I told you, Doctor Kim understands it, you don’t have to be worried.”  Yujin almost whimpered before answering,  “But she didn’t check on me, if I didn’t call her then she wouldn’t really send me a message or tell me things I need to know from he-…”

 

 

“So you were actually assuming that she will send you a message, at least, after?”   There’s a smirk on Wonyoung’s face, low-key teasing her, but that question is actually meant for Yujin to understand one thing…

 

 

“If you’re seeking for a valid attention, then, maybe telling her the same things you told her while high on laughing gas after being sober from it will help…?”  Wonyoung made it sound like a question, but it is actually a suggestion.

 

 

“If you’re really this bothered about it when she’s just your CRUSH, probably consider it as a sign that you’re not really just admiring her, but seeking for something more. Remember what you said while high: ‘I want to date you, Doctor Kim’, ‘I would love to date Doctor Kim, I like hew a lowt’, ‘She’s pwetty, kind, smawt… and I feel comfortabowl wi-…”   Wonyoung wanted to enumerate more while saying it the same way Yujin did, but Yujin’s face is already distorted.

 

 

“Stop teasing me!”  Yujin whimpered.

 

 

“I’m not teasing you, I’m just clarifying things for you. This, remember when you said, ‘I want draw that pewfect smiwle on her face,’…”  Yujn clicked her tongue as Wonyoung imitated her once more…

 

 

“You see, just when you said that, you already meant for more.”  Wonyoung pushed, how much does she need to push this one to move?

 

 

“Yujin-ah, you already have said those things, they just need a clarification from a firm and composed mind. It’s already there, and don’t deny it now that you’re no longer ignorant of it. Those were once subconscious desires that you only vocally expressed because of inhaling a gas, and after that? Perhaps, it’s time to move forward, don’t you think?”

 

 

Wonyoung is convincing her more, but the latter,  “Why are we even making a big fuss out of it…”

 

 

“Because the TWO OF YOU LIKE EACH OTHER!”  It is, once again, getting into Wonyoung nerves, startling Yujin.

 

 

“Stop shouting. Okay, okay, I’ll consider, but how?”

 

 

There, now she admits.

 

 

“Go to the dental clinic tomorrow and do whatever you think is right.”  Wonyoung took an apple from the container beside them, washed it went back to sit in front of Yujin just to say,  “How will you see a perfect smile if you won’t try?”

 

 

And that made Yujin…

 

 

 

 

From: Wonyoung

     Good luck~

WAHAHAHAHAHA!

 

 

Yujin, before entering the glass door, breathed twice heavily, to relax her tensed body. Last night, she asked Wonyoung to set an appointment for her, not using her own number, knowing that things are not clarified yet.

 

 

Now, in the afternoon, she’s going to attend her schedule.

 

 

“Good afternoon.”  Weird, Doctor Kim’s assistant is the one who’s in the front desk.

 

 

“Good afternoon, I…”  Yujin paused for a second to gulp only to feel getting rough.

 

 

“I have an appointment with Doctor Kim?”  Yuri nodded and confirmed her schedule, but Yujin wondered,  “Am I the last patient today?”  which made Yuri look at her with a small undefinable smile on her lips.

 

 

“No, actually… you’re the only patient for today. We’re actually close, but because you’re recovering from your wisdom tooth removal, Doctor Kim considered your appointment.”  Yuri explained and signaled her to go ahead…

 

 

But while on their way, Yujin halted in her tracks and faced Yuri,  “Why are you close today?”

 

 

“I don’t know, Yujin-ssi.”  Yuri answered, shrugging her shoulders.

 

 

Then they headed straight to the usual room clinic where Minjoo is currently in.

 

 

“Doctor Kim, Yujin-ssi is here.”  Minjoo faced them, on her hand is a cup of what seems to be, a coffee, but what Yujin noticed is that…

 

 

For the second or third time, the dentist is not wearing any mask today. And her hair is tied up, just revealing her bare neck. What she’s wearing is again, a long sleeved white polo, a denim jeans and just a pair of white sneakers.

 

 

“Hm, good afternoon.” Minjoo greeted before taking a sip of her drink and headed towards the desk, to take an envelope from the drawer.  “Here, it’s your x-ray, I forgot to give it last time,”  Minjoo placed it down on the desk and Yujin doesn’t know whether to take it now or not.

 

 

She’s nervous.

 

 

“Okay, let me see…”  Minjoo placed down her cup on the desk, and signaled Yujin to sit in the dental chair.

 

 

“Will you need my help, Doctor Kim, or should I just continue?”  Yuri asked, but… she knows very well, that Minjoo doesn’t need her,  “No, thank you, just continue,”  and there, Yuri left the two and went to the lobby, laughing a little.

 

 

Silence filled the entire facility, and Yujin is fidgeting her hands and biting her lower lips as Minjoo is preparing for her check-up. Yujin watched the dentist, taking glances time to time and to her dismay, Minjoo wore a mask before wearing a pair of green gloves that taste like toothpaste.

 

 

“Here.”  Minjoo walked towards Yujin, clipped a disposable towel around her nape and quickly sat on a chair beside the dental one, she turned the lights on and…

 

 

Yujin never felt her heart stopping like this until the dentist gently cupped her cheek, pushing her head with a little strength for her to rest by the support and relax. She gulped, yes, the gloves are there, but still, the dentist never touched her like that.

 

 

Minjoo took a dental mirror and said,  “Open up,”  which Yujin did immediately. As soon as she opened , Yujin inhaled deeply, and to her pleasure, she sniffed a scent that never made her feel dizzy until now.

 

 

No, it’s not the disinfectant, alcohol. It’s… faint, but lusciously sweet. Slowly and silently, she let out the air from her lungs and inhaled one more time, getting the same scent linger in her nose, which made her hut her eyes for a moment, and Minjoo noticed that…

 

 

“Are you okay, Yujin-ssi?”  Is she?

 

 

“Y-Yeah…”

 

 

Minjoo pulled herself back, and asked,  “It’s fine, the suture is fine, your gums are and so as your teeth”,  Yujin then felt guilty, it isn’t really what she came here for.

 

 

“Y-Yeah, but I-…”

 

 

“Hmm? Any problem?”  Minjoo stood up and placed the used dental mirror on the tray.

 

 

“I…”  “Compose yourself, Yujin.”, she mentally commanded herself and sat up to look at the dentist who’s removing her gloves now.

 

 

“A-Are you busy?”  There.

 

 

Minjoo was shocked, and the question made her face the client.

 

 

“I-I want to apologize f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter