Memories

Perfect Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:  I wasn't really planning on updating today so this chapter is surely messy, but I hope you'll enjoy.

 

 

6

 

      The two went on their way, finally done with Yujin’s x-ray from a medical laboratory. They are now on their way to the dental clinic.

 

“Won’t you really check it?” Wonyoung asked, her eyes on the road as she drives. On the passenger’s seat is Yujin, staring at the envelope given to her by the medical laboratory staff where the result of her x-ray is hiding.

 

"I'm scared."  Yujin answered, honest and innocent, making Wonyoung laugh. It's simple, but she can't blame or that much, she was once like this, during her own wisdom tooth experience.

 

"Well, then, I just hope you won't have to go for a surgery."  Yujin nodded in agreement.

 

Wonyoung turned the radio on, and as minutes goes by, the two just kept on jamming with each and every song playing, may be it a cheerful song or a dramatic one. They're just enjoying the time while....

 

 

 

Her hands keep on fidgeting, her head hanging low and her eyes are just directed towards the table in front of her. She's waiting or someone, someone she shouldn't really wait. She questions herself many times today, as to even why did she agree to this meeting when there's really nothing to talk about anymore.

 

She let out a small sigh, feeling restless as she worries about facing each other again. It's not because she's still in love with the person, but because she knows for herself that she's emotionally fragile and transparent enough for her weaknesses to be seen, and she hates it, especially if she is the one who will be able to see it.

 

She looked at her wrist watch, the time is ticking and she had been here for ten minutes already. She hates waiting, she really does. It feels like she's not well appreciated, like that time, when she waited for hours for their date, only to find something that will erase her perfect smile.

 

"She is taking long."  Her foot started tapping the ground as she had been waiting for about thirty minutes already. She kept looking at the entrance of the restaurant whenever it will open, but she hasn't seen her yet.

 

"It's rush hour, maybe it's a little traffic."  She said to herself a she scans the menu placed above the table.

 

"Have you seen anything you want, Madam?"  A waiter approached her, she looked up and smiled,  "I'm still waiting for someone, thank you."

 

It is their anniversary, second anniversary. Pretty quite strong, for some. They are college lovers, and they are in the same department, have the same courses, same program, same section. It was all good until now.

 

One hour...

Two hours...

Two and a half hour...

 

She waited...

 

"Madam?"  For the past hours, this is the third time for the waiter to approach her. She already had watched each of the people enter and leave after taking a dinner. She has been sitting there for long.

 

"Okay, um..."  She's feeling heavy.

 

"Maybe just the meal of the night, and a glass of water."  She ordered randomly, just not to make conflicts with the restaurant. She waited for more than an hour after that, her meal was brought after several minutes, and yet she didn't even bother to take a bite.

 

She's worried, "what if something happened to her?",  she thought, and can't help, but to feel teary. After some more minutes, her bills was handed to her, which she immediately paid and then, decided to give her a call.

 

The phone is ringing, but the owner is taking a long time to answer. It was almost the end of the rings when she finally heard a voice,  "Minjoo?",  the person who answered is panting a little.

 

"Hey, are you okay?"  Was the very first thing she asked, not even worried about their dinner date anymore. Hearing her reaching for breathe made Minjoo think that the woman is sick.

 

How innocent, how clueless of her.

 

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay, why?"  There, it was a hint.

 

"You didn't forget our dinner date... did you? Our anniversary, today?"  Minjoo asked in a low toned voice, afraid that the answer is yes. But she already heard how the person on the other line groaned a little, so she already had the conclusion that it was actually forgotten.

 

"I'm sorry, Minjoo, I'm really not feeling well today."  Was the excuse, and,  "Oh, why? Do you want me to bring you some medicines?"  She volunteered, wanting to take care of her, but the offer was,  "No need, I don't want you to get sick too."  declined.

 

"You sure?"  She's honestly worried, she loves her, truly, and she doesn't want her to suffer alone. Little did he know...

 

"Hey, I'm sorry, there was a traffic."  She was pulled out of her train of thoughts when a person sat across her, apologizing for being late for about twenty minutes already.

 

The person came, unlike the last time they are supposedly going to meet. And she was startled upon seeing her this close again, and she's nervous with the fact that this will only be between of them, no one can ever save her again just like the last time. But despite of that, "Ah, I thought you were sick again,"  she managed to spit at least one fire.

 

"You must be surprised? I know, I got a hair transformation."  Insenstive or perhaps, just really dumb? The person spoke as if they are friends.

 

Minjoo, upon processing things, averted her eyes somewhere else. And the woman noticed it, guilt, then, is visible. The woman wanted to say things, clarify a lot of misunderstanding and apologize for everything, but instead of doing it one go...

 

"Do you want drinks first? Or cakes? I'll pay fo-..."  She was about to stand to get them something when Minjoo spoke in the middle of her offer,  "Why are we here?",  she was slowly pushed back to her chair by the heaviness of the atmosphere. She gazed at Minjoo's eyes, those orbs that were once emitting shimmering glitters, are now dimmed, sparkless and lonely.

 

"Why do you want to meet up?"  Hatred and anger are tracing on Minjoo's deep and cold voice, the same voice that used to sound warming, soothing and sweet.

 

"I-I..."  She felt hopeless. And seeing Minjoo look at her straight in the eyes as if she's telling that 'I despise your existence', made her bow her head in embarrassment and guilt.

 

"I just want to clarify a lot of things, apologize for what I did and promise that those things won't happen again, ever."  Minjoo's eyes squinted as those words came out of . After a couple of seconds,  "Those won't happen again?"  Minjoo asked, and immediately, the woman nodded heavily with her eyes begging for her to accept it, or more like, for Minjoo to accept her again.

 

"Are you actually saying that you want me to take you back, Chaewon-ssi?"  Now, she nodded once again, but this time, it is a weak nod.

 

Minjoo almost laughed, but instead of letting herself be filled with unnecessary emotions, she just remained silent, then crossed her arms and legs while letting her back touch the small couch, and after taking a deep breathe, she looked at Chaewon straight in the eyes, and deep enough to her soul. The other woman felt butteflies in her stomach as she saw a small smile plastered on Minjoo's lips. Oh, those lips, that pair of sweet lips she always wanted to smle genuinely because of her, are now smiling to keep a tough facade.

 

"I know you won't just accept me again, after everything that I've done, I'm aware that you despise me, even my exitence, but I want you back, Minjoo."  Chaewon is begging, and is even close to kneeling to show Minjoo the truth, but the look on Minjoo's face is taking down her words already.

 

They shared a moment to just look at each other, with one of them trying plead with her eyes and with the other one sending hate and anger.

 

"If you don't want, then, just.. maybe just a closure and friendship? I, somehow, still want to be close to you, and pay for what I've done."  Minjoo tried her best not to, but a laugh came out of her lips, making the woman in front of her squeeze her eyes shut. After her sarcastic laugh, she then, looked at Chaewon again, and memories flashed before them...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter