The Meeting

The Pianist

Dahyun woke up to the smell of eggs, bacon, and sausages. In a trance-like state, she quickly got out of bed and slipped on a robe and put on her bunny slippers. Eyes still closed, she somehow made it to the kitchen unscathed as she pulled a chair from the table for herself, a plate of food waiting for her, along with a cup of black coffee. She slightly smiled as the smell hit her; Baba still remembered what she liked.

“Good Morning dear. How was your sleep? Had a nice dream?” Baba smiled at her as she pulled herself her own seat, having a plate of toast and coffee.

Dahyun woke from her half-asleep state of slumber with a sip of coffee as she looked at Baba with a look of confusion. The elder woman sighed before restating her question to the girl.

“Oh, it, uhm.. it was good, I guess.” Dahyun lied. In truth, she barely slept a wink as her mind kept replaying the moment she saw her friends for the first time in five years. Of course she knew that they kept looking for her all those five years, she even saw some of them, but she made sure she kept hidden. Some of them even following her trail to Warsaw, but Baba sent them away. She always felt a sense of longing to talk to her friends, to tell them that she was okay and that she was sorry. She so desperately wanted to meet and hug Sana and Momo along with her other friends, but Mina’s presence changed that last meeting, as the girl wasn’t present whenever they looked for her. Dahyun could’ve approached any of them the past few years, but she felt that she wasn’t ready for it yet, as being with the group reminded her of memories she tried to keep buried down, to stop the pain that she felt. But seeing Mina unearthed those deep memories and the pain it brought with it.

Baba slightly frowned as she heard the obvious lie. Choosing to give the girl space, she got up and took Dahyun’s now empty plate along with hers and washed them, the girl not noticing as she spaced out. The sound of a closing dishwasher brought Dahyun of out her thoughts as she snapped her head to see Baba putting their dishes in the machine

“Oh, Baba, I should’ve done the dishes instead.” Dahyun insisted as she got up from her seat to see if she can do anything to help Baba. Baba waved the girl off as she finished putting the dishes away.

“Nonsense dearie. I just want you to relax today. Besides, I rarely do this anymore. Those hags at the retirement home won’t let me do anything.” Baba smiled as she started to clean the table, not like it needed any cleaning. Baba just wanted to busy herself, feeling bored when she wasn’t doing something.

“Why don’t you go take a shower and take a walk honey. I’m sure it’ll look beautiful outside; the snow was falling last night.” Baba suggested to the pianist as she tried to find a mop. Dahyun stared silently at her old mentor before agreeing with her and headed upstairs to the bathroom to take a shower. Baba only watched with sadness as she felt that something was going to happen today, something that might change the pianist’s somewhat lonely life.

In all the years that Baba knew her, she very rarely saw Dahyun crack a smile. A wide, gummy smile that just melted your heart. Yet Baba could count the number of times she saw that smile on one hand, that smile only showing for a split second before leaving her face. She just wanted to see the girl happy again, to see her smiling for no reason. Getting back to work cleaning the somewhat already spotless kitchen, Baba heard the doorbell ring. Wondering who was outside, Baba didn’t want them to spend more time waiting and opened the door, cleaning her hands on her pant legs as she walked to the double set of doors.

“Yes? How may I help you?” Baba answered in Polish as she opened the door coming face to face with a chest, the cloth covering up what looked to be a perfect set of s, not too small and not too big.  Baba looked up seeing a girl who was towering Baba’s 5’ 4” frame, who seemed to be four inches taller than her. She saw the girl’s face and stepped back, the sheer beauty of the girl causing this. She had the body of a model, with skin as fair as china. Her face was impeccably beautiful yet retained a baby-like look that seems like only the girl can pull off. She had small smile that showed off her pearly white teeth, and a cute little button nose, with defined cheekbones, long, wavy brown hair that seemed to casually roll down her shoulder in waves. Eyes that had just a small amount of eye fat that actually accentuated the girl’s beauty.

“Ah. H-hello. My n-name i-is Chou Tz-tzuyu. Is th-this where, uhm, Kim D-Dahyun lives?” The girl, now known as Tzuyu, asked Baba in broken Polish. Baba smiled yet inside, she frowned at the name that was given to her, the name sounding eerily familiar to her.

“Yes honey, this is her house. Do you know our Dahyun?” Baba answered back in Korean, catching the girl by surprise before the girl widened her smile, her face lighting up, serving only to accentuate the girl’s already perfect beauty

“Yes. We’ve known each other for a long time. Is she here right now?” Tzuyu smiled a radiant smile at her, comfortable speaking in a language she knows. In Baba’s head, warning bells rang. She couldn’t recall Dahyun having a friend that lasted more than a month before she stopped having contact with them. So it could only mean that this was someone from her past. Dahyun told her all that happened and what caused her to leave her home when Baba brought it up after she looked up the girl’s name and confronted her, wanting confirmation as her name sounded familiar. After the confirmation Baba needed, their relationship got closer as Dahyun found her as someone that she can rely on, Baba finding the girl as someone she can spend time with.

“Yes she is. You look cold, would you like to come inside?” Baba suggested, and she was right, seeing how the girl was slightly shivering, a small tint of pink marring her fair white skin on her face.

“Y-yes please.” the girl answered as polite as she could, her teeth chattering as she tried to rub her arms  to maintain some warmth despite the thick leather coat she donned earlier this morning. Baba smiled as she opened the door a bit wider to let the girl in. Tzuyu felt in awe at the beauty of the house as she entered the door, feeling the warm and comfy atmosphere it offered. The main entrance led to a main room, where a grand piano sat, slightly elevated from the sound. To the right was an open door that led to a dining room, a long table that can easily set ten people sat in the middle, with many paintings and photos of flowers surrounding the table as a grand cabinet stood on the far wall behind the closet, chowing various types of china and cups. To her left was a sitting room, a large coffee table sitting in the middle, jars filled with various types of snacks as the walls of the room were lined with leather sofas with a lamp sitting on a table next to the sofas. There were also many plants that lined the wall space that wasn’t covered by a sofa. Through a door frame that was connected to the sitting room was a room that looked like it held multiple instruments as well as an office space.

Tzuyu looked around the entrance hall for a bit in wonder. “Wow. This is Dahyun-unnie’ s place now? At least she’s doing well.” Tzuyu stated in a state of amazement as she inspected the various photos of her accomplishments on the piano that lined the sitting room’s wall.

“Tea?” Baba offered as she sat the girl down, not before taking her coat and hanging it in the closet that was in the sitting room. Tzuyu nodded as she looked around, an anxious feeling in her stomach as she was nervous meeting her friend after a long five years. She tried to settle the feeling down by closing her eyes and taking deep breaths. ‘You have to do this,’ she thought to herself, ‘you have to bring her back.’

Twenty-six-year-old Tzuyu sipped the cup of coffee as she scrolled through her phone in her apartment in Seoul, not bothering to go out due to the weather. Wrapped up in a warm blanket with a cup of coffee always felt the best for her as she wanted to spend her day off relaxing, the career of being a model was hard work. Putting her phone down to make herself something to eat, she got up, immediately missing the comfort her blanket provided, she sat back down as her phone started to ring. Looking at the caller ID, she was momentarily surprised to see that JYP was calling her. The man rarely called her on her day-offs.

“Hello?” Tzuyu greeted, slightly annoyed at having her day-off being pushed back, the phone call taking away precious time from her star wars marathon

“Ah, Tzuyu. How are you doing?” The voice on the other end sounded a bit frantic.

“I’m doing okay. How ‘bout you PD-nim?” Tzuyu casually asked as she gave up on the couch and decided to look out the window, watching as Seoul was drenched in rain, her focus on two raindrops racing to the bottom.

“I’m doing fine Tzuyu. Me and the wife were just watching movies until something came up. I’m headed to your apartment as we speak.” Tzuyu choked a little on the coffee she was drinking as she heard what the man just said, turning away from the window and pushing her head closer to the mobile device, seeing that she heard the man right.

“What? Why?” Tzuyu demanded as the abrupt visit would stop her from having a day to herself.

“Don’t ask. Just make me something to eat. I’m kind of starving.” The man sheepishly said. Tzuyu put on a stony face at the sheer audacity of the man’s words until an idea popped up in her head.

“Actually, why don’t we just order some pizza then. I’m not really in the mood for cooking.” Tzuyu replied, a smirk on her face.

“Aww come on Tzuyu. Your food is some of the best things I’ve tasted. Well, except for my wife’s of course but still. Please?” The older man whined on the other side. Tzuyu tried to stifle a laugh as she heard what the man said.

“No. Now hurry up, I don’t want to spend the rest of the day with an old man.” Tzuyu said bluntly, a stony face appearing.

“Hey. I’m only Fifty-Three. And I look good for Fifty-Three!” The man shouted. Tzuyu laughed at the man’s words, putting the call on speaker so that she can hear him as she pulled out a file called ‘JYP Info’ on her phone.

“Hurry up you narcissistic old man. I feel wrinkles on my face now. How long will you take?” Tzuyu shouted in her phone and hung up as she let out a malicious giggle finding the right info for JYP’s debit card. The savage Maknae has appeared.

 

“Wow Tzuyu this is some good pizza. What was the place called again?” JYP asked the girl as he happily munched on a slice of pizza, his agenda of going to the girl’s apartment momentarily forgotten.

“Don’t tell me you just came here, on my day-off, just to eat food.” Tzuyu asked in a deadly manner, the man either not caring for his life, or just not caring at all.

“Hey, how much does this pizza cost. This tastes too good to only be fifteen bucks.” JYP said, pretty much ignoring what the girl said. Tzuyu took a deep breath, slightly offended that she was ignore before she put o a scary smile as she retold the price of the pizza.

“S-seventy bucks? For a pizza? Wow Tzuyu, you must really be loaded to afford this!” JYP noted as he moved from the couch to take another slice. True, Tzuyu was pretty much loaded as she was a successful model, and the fact that she was also a part of Twice pretty much had her set for life. But where was the fun in paying for yourself when you have your boss’s debit card info.

“I may be loaded, but who said I was the one who paid for this pizza?” Tzuyu stated as she turned to look at the man who was at the small dining table where the pizza was.

“Wow. Whoever paid for this pizza must’ve been pretty nice.” Tzuyu smirked at his ignorance. She just casually rubbed her hands together and faced away from the window to see him enjoying his slice of pizza before she decided to finally tell the truth.

“You are nice PD-nim. After all, it was you who paid for the pizza.” Tzuyu leaned back into the couch as she looked at the man’s reaction. And she wasn’t disappointed. After putting two and two together, JYP dropped the pizza he was holding in his hand onto the paper plate that came with the pizza as he started to shake before he slowly turned his head as he had a somewhat scared expression on his face.

“W-what?” he said fearfully, a scared smile showing on his face.

“Thanks for the meal PD-nim!” Tzuyu chirped as she gave him a smile, trying to rub it in his face.

“Y-you’re kidding r-right?” At this point, Tzuyu smirked.

“Nope.” Tzuyu replied, adding more emphasis to the “p”. JYP gave out a shallow smile before he crouched down and hugged his knees, rocking back and forth, the plate of pizza forgotten on the table as he muttered various things under his breath.

“My wife…is going to kill me…Seventy bucks…..for a pizza…..” JYP muttered as he took on a pale complexion. Deciding she’s had enough, Tzuyu finally brought up the topic on why JYP was there for the first time.

“PD-nim, why are you even here. You know it’s my day-off and- “JYP cut her off by standing up, a serious expression appearing on his face.

“It’s Dahyun.” With those two words, Tzuyu froze as she looked up at the man, who comically recovered from his scared expression and was now sitting on the couch, his hands folded and rested below his chin as he looked at. Tzuyu unconsciously leaned forward, wanting to know what happened to her best friend after five years.

Signaling for the man to continue, JYP moved to sit down on the couch and faced the girl, taking out what looked to be a file from his coat. Opening the file, it turned out that it held Dahyun’s contract. On it, a small note in the corner caught her attention; “Due to appear In five years.”

“W-what about her? I-is she okay?” Tzuyu worried as she looked up away from the contract, thinking of the worst possible outcomes that could’ve happened to her friend. A sense of dread filling her as those thoughts turned extreme to the point where she replays a situation in which her friend is dead.

“I-I should’ve noticed she was faking all of it. I should’ve pushed her harder to stay.” Tzuyu went frantic as she started to panic, blaming herself for not fighting for her best friend to stay in Korea. JYP noticing this calmly put a hand on her shoulder, forcing her to look him in the eyes.

“She’s fine Tzuyu. I just need you to do something for me.” JYP said, his expression becoming a bit softer as he saw the usually strong model in front of him have a small breakdown over the potential news she was thinking in his head.

“Tzuyu calm down. She’s doing okay. She’s not dead.” This was the wrong thing to say as the change in the girl was immediate, her posture went rigid as she stood up, her eyes taking on a fierce look as tightened into a straight line.

“Where. Is. She?” Tzuyu demanded in a quiet tone although this served to make her that much scarier, the grip she had on his shoulder as she stood up started to hurt as if she tried to rip it out.

“She’s in Warsaw, in Poland. And she’s doing fine. The reason why I’m telling you all this was because of a deal me both made. For me to terminate her contract, she agreed to come back to Twice’s fifth-year anniversary.” The man managed to say despite the growing pain he was starting to feel. Tzuyu went quiet at that revelation, waiting for the man to continue. JYP let out a moan as the slight loss of tension brought relief to his shoulder.

“Wait, the anniversary is in a week. She’s really coming back?” Tzuyu questioned as she sat down from the shock she felt knowing that she’ll finally see her friend for the first time in five years.

“Yes.” JYP answered.

“But wait, what do I have to do in any of this?” Tzuyu wondered as she grabbed a pillow and hugged it to her chest, looking up at JYP’s face, wanting an answer from him.

The man sighed as he looked over Dahyun’s contract before handing it to the girl. “I want you to bring her back to Twice. Seeing as you’re her best friend, I think it would be best if you were the one to go and get her.” He answered. Tzuyu thought for a moment before asking the man a few more questions.

“Can I tell the rest of the members?” Tzuyu asked. JYP pondered for a moment, thinking if bringing the rest would be problematic, especially if they bring Mina, the reason why she left in the first place. JYP looked like he was about to speak before pausing for a second, as if he was going over it one last time before answering the now anxious girl.

“Yes and no. Instead, you can bring them to Warsaw to see Dahyun perform, an- “

Tzuyu paused him mid-sentence. “Perform? What do you mean perform?” Tzuyu asked with confusion. JYP smiled back. ‘Looks like they don’t know.’

“This was actually part of our deal. She would become a successful pianist if I terminated her contract. How come you’re only just learning of this just now? She’s pretty much well-known in the classical music world, as well as the piano world.” JYP replied.

“Wait, you mean our Dahyun is THAT Dahyun?” She said, sounding excited.

“Which Dahyun are you talking about? You know, Kim Dahyun, the pianist.” JYP said, confusion clear on his face.

“Of course we know her. We listened to one of her pieces a few years ago, the year Dahyun left us,” Tzuyu said with a sad smile, “It somehow resonated within all of us. It was like a song of sadness, of longing. It was like the person playing the piece was in deep pain, longing for someone they know they can’t have. Mina-unnie took the song the hardest. She started to cry as she found out the artist’s name. I think she knew that it was Dahyun all along. I think Sana-unnie and Momo-unnie did too. They stayed in their rooms for a few hours.” Tzuyu told him. JYP remained quiet as he waited for the girl to regain her bearings. Deciding that she would accept what he would ask her for, JYP got up, and put on his coat, not before grabbing the plate of pizza he left on the table.

“I’ll send you the tickets tomorrow Tzuyu. There should be enough for the rest as well.” And with that JYP left the girl to her thoughts, the girl not paying attention until she heard the door close.

Tzuyu looked up from her thoughts to see Baba coming back to the sitting room with a tray of biscuits and tea.

“I hope you don’t mind dear, but I got some green tea. Would that be okay with you?” Baba asked as she placed the tray onto the coffee table in front of her, sitting herself down on the seat next to Tzuyu and turned to face the girl.

“Now tell me Tzuyu. How did you and Dahyun meet each other? I’ve known this girl for five years and I can tell you that she barely has any friends here, so how do you know her?” Baba asked her, her tone taking a serious one. Tzuyu gulped as she was momentarily surprised by the old lady, her small size fooling her just a bit from the slight aggressiveness the lady was showing. But Tzuyu pushed it all down as she tried to truthfully answer the old lady.

“Like I said before Madam, me and Dahyun have known each other for a long time now.”

“Cut the bull Tzuyu. I know you were both part of Twice. Why the hell are you here?” Baba demanded, the warning bells in her head going crazy again. She wanted to confirm if Tzuyu was here because of the deal Dahyun made. She would do anything to stop Dahyun from crying as much as she did the first few weeks Baba found her. The girl wouldn’t even sleep sometimes, she would just work herself to exhaustion.

Tzuyu took a deep breath, a bit surprised at the old lady’s outburst before answering. “You know why I’m here Baba; It’s been five years since she left. She needs to hold her end of the deal.” Tzuyu stated as she brought a cup of tea to her lips, lightly blowing it before sipping it. She needed the bitterness the green tea provided. She needed a small distraction. And that small distraction came in the form of a small bundle of joy in the form of Ari.

“Bark Bark!” Tzuyu looked up to see a dog she hasn’t seen in a long time, wagging its tail and sticking out its tongue, suddenly running to her as she knelt to the ground and picked up the dog. Ever the dog lover, Tzuyu picked the small dog up and started to pet it.

“Ari!” Tzuyu cooed as she started to talk to the dog.

“How’re you girl! Are you doing okay? Are you watching over our Dubu?” Tzuyu smiled giddily as she kept talking to the dog, playing with Arias she started to feel like a teen once more. Ari would climb up her lap and tried to stand on two legs, the girl’s face repeatedly. Baba watched the scene with a warm smile, fondness in her eyes, her slight anger disappearing from earlier as she watched the two.

“Hey Baba, was someone here? I heard the doorb- “Everyone in the room except for Baba and Ari. Baba laid back into the couch after getting Ari to come and join her, trying to convince the dog to leave the girl’s lap. Said girl stood up, surprise evident on her face as she tried to fix herself whilst looking over at the door that lead to the music room. There, Dahyun stood in equal shock as the towel that wrapped around her damp head comically fell off, her long blonde hair falling to the middle of her back.

“Tz-Tzuyu?” Dahyun questioned as she slowly stepped forward before hesitating a bit then moved back. “What are you doing here?” She asked the girl, her voice taking on a defensive tone. Tzuyu tried to regain her bearings, but the feelings that came with seeing her best friend after what suddenly felt like a long five years suddenly overwhelmed her as she rushed to the smaller girl.

“DAHYUNNIE!” Tzuyu yelled as she launched herself at the girl, wrapping her arms as she laid her head on her shoulder, taking in the pinewood scent that Dahyun used, the smell alone bringing back the memories that she spent with the girl. Dahyun looked ahead in confusion and shock until she felt something wet on her shoulder. Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around the tall girl as she drew circles on her back with one hand and her hair with another. Baba quietly smiled at the sight as she looked ahead with a fond look in her eyes as she slowly sipped some tea.

“Tzuyu, why are you crying.” Dahyun softly asked, making the girl cry even harder as she tightened her hold on Dahyun, afraid that the girl might disappear from her again.

“I-I’m just so g-glad that you’re r-really here n-now Dahyun-unnie. That I’m finally able to hug you for the first time in five years. I’m just glad you’re back Dahyunnie.” Tzuyu sobbed into Dahyun’s shoulder. The girl smiled as she whispered comforting words into the girl’s ear.

“Don’t worry Tzuyu. I’m not going anywhere anymore. I’m right here. Besides, even if I do move, you’ll just eventually find me again.” Dahyun lightly joked as Tzuyu pulled back and lightly smacked the girl.

“Oww. Tzuyu, what was that for…” Dahyun said as she winced from the suddenness of the punch. “You’ve gotten so much stronger.” The tall girl only nodded back.

“That was for leaving us Dahyunnie. I’m sure the others would do even worse things.” Tzuyu responded, a smirk on her face before it turned into tears started too escape her eyes once again as she pulled the girl into another hug.

“I’m so glad to have you back Dahyunnie.” Tzuyu whispered in the girl’s ear. Dahyun smiled back in return before leaning into the hug before returning it with more force, trying to show the girl how much she meant to her.

“I am too.” Dahyun responded, “I am too.” She whispered as she held the now sobbing girl.

“Ahem.” That broke the two friends reunion as they pulled away from each other and looked at Baba in embarrassment as they both moved to sit in one of the many sofas the room had.

“As heartwarming as it is seeing two friends who haven’t seen each other in a long time finally see each other again is, how about we finish talk over some tea.” Baba said as she handed both girls a cup of tea, and in Tzuyu’s case, a refill. The three, well, it was more Dahyun and Tzuyu who talked, but Baba listened with rapt attention, as the two caught each other up on their lives and what they’ve been doing in the past few years.

Dahyun laughed as Tzuyu told her the story of a man who tried and failed to get her attention. But the girl’s attention turned solemn as she looked the girl up at her eyes. “Dahyunnie. The reason why I’m here is be-.” Dahyun cut her off as she sent a small smile at the girl, patting her arm affectionately, trying to comfort the girl.

“I know Tzuyu. I know.” Dahyun sadly smiled at the girl. “I think I’m just scared of facing them again. Oh god. I can’t even imagine their reaction when I see them again. Will they hate me? Will they push me away? Oh god I’m so nervous to see them again Tzuyu. I just hope they don’t hate me.” Dahyun constantly worried as bad thoughts clouded her mind; Tzuyu and Baba chuckled at the girl’s constantly worried.

“Unnie, they all miss you. I’m sure they all want you back.” Tzuyu reassured her as Dahyun stopped and looked up at the girl. “In fact, they’re here in Warsaw. PD-nim got tickets for all of us so we went to your recital last night. I even got your house address from the announcer yesterday. Well, more like Sana and Momo threatened the man for it.” Tzuyu joked as she set the cup down to put both of her hands on Dahyun’s own, both comforting the girl and putting her worries to rest. But suddenly, Dahyun started to feel claustrophobic as Tzuyu’s words sunk in as her face dawned in realization.

“W-What? They’re here. All of them?” Dahyun asked, her voice slightly trembling.

Tzuyu nodded sadly. “Yes unnie. I snuck out this morning because I didn’t want them to know where I was going.” And it was true. Tzuyu was the only one who knew about the deal. She didn’t want to overwhelm the girl by having all of them suddenly coming to her house.

“A-And M-M-Mina? I-Is she h-here too? Momo? Sana?” Dahyun whispered as her voice slightly quavered, Tzuyu the only one loud enough to hear her. Baba left earlier to leave the girls on their own. Tzuyu slightly nodded as she looked down, her eyes not wanting to meet that of Dahyun’s. She expected the girl in front of her to start crying, to start yelling, but what she did left Tzuyu in a state of shock and confusion. Instead of crying, Dahyun just simply nodded and stood up, her face only showing a mask of cold and indifference. She watched as Dahyun turned away from her and went into the room full of expensive looking instruments and equipment. She watched as the older girl fished out what looked like a small chest from a drawer located at the bottom of a desk. She watched as the girl slightly hesitated before opening the chest and taking out what looked to be a metal flask and a small box.

“Dahyunnie, what’s that?” Tzuyu’s words fell on deaf ears as the girl opened the flask and took a long swig from it, seemingly emptying the contents of the flask. The girl then removed it from her lips and giving it a look of disdain. She then took a long stick from the rectangular pack and turned around. Tzuyu thought she was going to talk but she was proved wrong as the girl instead ignored her and walked through the lobby and out the door. Tzuyu quickly took her coat out of the closet, along with a thick blanket, seeing that she was only wearing a thin shirt and remembered that she had damp hair, and followed the girl.

She opened the door and slightly gasped as the she saw the older girl taking a smoke, the pungent smell of the cigarette filling the girl, giving Tzuyu a sense of disgust. “Dahyunnie?” Tzuyu reached out to the girl and wrapped the blanket around her small body as her t-shirt barely helped at all. Dahyun didn’t notice it as she just took long breaths from the cigarette then exhaling, repeating this for what felt like 5 minutes to Tzuyu. Dahyun barely moved at all, the only movement she made was due to the cigarette as she stared out onto the street. Tzuyu tried her best to look out, trying to see what captured the girl’s attention. Finally, Tzuyu couldn’t take it anymore.

“Dahyu- “

“I loved her; you know. Hell, I still do. But you wanna know something else, I also loved Sana and Momo. I know I sound selfish right now, but, whenever I spent time with any of them, I would feel these things inside me for each of them, feelings that I shouldn’t have been feeling for my friends, especially ones of the same gender, and I got scared. I was scared of my parents, scared of what you guys would have thought. Scared of losing my friendship with them. I was scared of my feelings. I tried to distance myself from the three of them, but they would always find me, and I just couldn’t resist them. Every time I spent with them I cherished, every time I spend with them I would be a giggling mess, a happy giggling mess. But I should have tried harder to stop these feelings, to stop the pain that followed it. Next thing I knew; Mina was getting married. Momo would start fights with her, they started small before they turned into huge. And Sana. Sana was barely home; she would always come and go. I barely saw her my last few days, I can even count the number of times we met on one hand. But you know what hurt the most Tzuyu?” Tzuyu looked up and wiped away the forming tears, slightly surprised at the mention of her name, as Dahyun’s small story and the coldness present in her tone caused her to tear up.

“What hurt was that I knew that we would never be together. I knew it was impossible. The moment Mina said she was getting married, the moment Momo started yell at Mina for any small thing, the moment that Sana started to be distant was the moment I knew that I would never be truly happy. The moment that everything started to hurt. From my stomach, to my chest, to my heart. The past five years I tried to find someone, tried to find If I can ever experience happiness with someone else, but none of them came close to what I felt with those three. And so, I started to drink. It helped numb the pain, helped make me forget everything that happened for a few short hours. And before I knew it, I started to smoke. It helped give me a sense of calm I needed. I had a problem with drinking to the point that I got into a car accident that almost killed me.” Tzuyu started to cry uncontrollably at the news of what happened to her friend was unveiled upon her as she launched herself to the girl crying into her shoulder, the girl seemingly unfazed as she continued to look forward.

“The one thing that I felt during all those years was love. No matter how much I tried to fight it, I still loved those three. No matter how much I tried to busy myself in my work, I still loved them. But I know that a relationship could never happen. One is married, one is a famous dancer around the world who has a schedule infamous for its business, and one is a singer who is in a relationship.”

“And the one that loves all three of them, only has one year left to live.”